Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  266
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Emailed the club today regarding the social club cards and Lachlan replied with this:

Good morning,

I hope you are well,

We did have a printing error with our Social club cards, they will be sent at a later date.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Got this email from the club yesterday:

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to the Western Bulldogs as a member in season 2022. Your contribution to the Club remains critical to our success as we embark on an exciting period of growth, both on and off the field.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the football and to once again hear your voice in the stands.

Today we're excited to launch our 2022 membership campaign with our sights firmly set on breaking our AFL membership record and pushing beyond 50,000 members for the first time.

We would love for you to share the campaign video to help encourage all Bulldogs fans far and wide to become part of our special Club.

In the meantime, we know many of you have questions about your access arrangements for the 2022 season. We hope the information below helps answer some of these and in preparation for our first home game against Carlton at Marvel Stadium in Round 2.

Membership Packs

Our 2022 Membership Packs have started to hit mailboxes around the country and we’re loving seeing the many pics being posted to social media. If you are yet to receive your pack, it should be arriving in the coming days. If you selected a Bulldogs Shop voucher option this season instead of a member cap, beanie or scarf, these voucher codes will be sent to your email inbox over the next couple of days.

AFLW members should have already received their packs and we encourage you to contact our Membership Services team if this is not the case.

Membership Cards

You may have noticed that your 2022 membership card does not include either your membership barcode or Reserved Seat details (AFL Reserve Seat product holders only) and we acknowledge that this has caused some confusion relating to match day access arrangements.

Your membership card acts as an important identifier of Club membership and is a great way for members to show their loyalty and support at all home games. It does not, however, enable access to the game itself and in the way membership cards were used prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Clubs will be required to deliver a digital scan-in approach for home games in season 2022, meaning that all Western Bulldogs reserved seat and general admission (Bronze) members will require a digital barcode to access games. This digital membership card will be available via the Western Bulldogs app on your smart phone device prior to each home game and can be used to enable your walk-up entry.

We will communicate more information prior to our first home game against Carlton in Round 2, including detailed instructions on how to access your digital membership card via the app.

Pay as You Go (PAYG) Membership Products

Gold (Level 2) and Silver (Level 1) 3, 6 or 9 game members on our Pay as You Go model will be able to redeem their match ticket via the Ticketmaster website as part of the member exclusive on-sale process. The same $10 Adult and $5 Junior stadium fees will apply to these ticket redemptions.

We are also excited to announce that guest passes will again be available to purchase across all PAYG product types.

General admission members will also have the opportunity to reserve a specific seat on Level 3 and purchase guest passes as an alternative option to the digital scan-in process outlined above.

Exclusive Member Content

We know how much you value exclusive content and insight, and we’re committed to delivering even more to you in season 2022. Where possible, we will always ensure important news and information reaches our members first, just like the 2022 leadership group announcement that we shared over SMS last week.

Our weekly in-season ‘Bevo’s Brief’ email will also return, and we’re excited to be introducing regular member forums and Q&A sessions with key club figures to help provide a deeper insight into key activities happening around the Club.

Further Information

If you are missing something in your membership pack, yet to make a member choice selection or have further questions, please contact the Club on 1300 46 36 47 (GO DOGS) or email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

GO DOGS!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The whole digital entry thing I don't get. I show a barcode on my phone they scan it with a barcode reader or I scan it on the turnstyle. What is the difference when I do the same thing with a card. It's rules for the sake of making rules.

4. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The beanie is ok with the black, but some reason the scarf looks putrid.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The whole digital entry thing I don't get. I show a barcode on my phone they scan it with a barcode reader or I scan it on the turnstyle. What is the difference when I do the same thing with a card. It's rules for the sake of making rules.
    Probably a cost driven thing. Personally I love collecting the membership cards.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Did the turnstiles every register QR codes? If not, the cost of updating them with new hardware and software may have been prohibitive.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Did the turnstiles every register QR codes? If not, the cost of updating them with new hardware and software may have been prohibitive.
    Reducing single use plastic probably not a bad idea also. That's why I was perplexed when they still sent a card.

But I get the angst, it's a big change for many. Personally I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Probably a cost driven thing. Personally I love collecting the membership cards.
    They still give them out and pretty sure every other club does as well. It all came under the guise of Covid and this apparently is safer for all? Patrons getting their phone scanned is no different. It's probably more to do with funnelling more money to Ticket agencies. That booking fee is a beauty.

12. Likes azabob, josie, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    They still give them out and pretty sure every other club does as well.
    Not every club, freo have been digital for 2 years and no card not even fake one.

14. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to receive this stuff from the club:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Bulldog for life and I don't even think I got an email from them yet. I just sent them a email to see where things are at.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nice to receive this stuff from the club:

I got my25 year cert last year; but I didn’t get the cloth badge. Love it. I hope they consider sending me one this year.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

21. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post