Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  266
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Pretty sure all the clubs are doing these promos on SEN club membership day. Carlton had similar yesterday
    I expect it from Carlton xD

Kind of feels wrong rewarding fair weather members to me? But I guess if it opens it up to people who can't afford a full one it's a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Kind of feels wrong rewarding fair weather members to me? But I guess if it opens it up to people who can't afford a full one it's a good thing.
    I get it from a marketing perspective but considering how little the club offers fully paid members it is a bit annoying.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Has everyone got their membership package? I got an email on 7/2/22 stating my membership package would arrive in the next 7 business days, but nadda so far.... have sent the club an email after giving up on calling them as I get the ''we're busy taking other calls...'' message whenever I rang.

Was hoping to wear my nice new black scarf next Wednesday. *insert vomit emoji*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Has everyone got their membership package? I got an email on 7/2/22 stating my membership package would arrive in the next 7 business days, but nadda so far.... have sent the club an email after giving up on calling them as I get the ''we're busy taking other calls...'' message whenever I rang.

Was hoping to wear my nice new black scarf next Wednesday. *insert vomit emoji*
    My emails were received on 11/2 and I'm pretty sure the packs arrived within the stated 7 days. Sounds like yours have gone astray.

Post Thanks / Like

Are those of us who paid full tote for our 9 game membership entitled to a refund of the difference in value for the $95 deal they flogged on SEN?

I obviously know that the answer is no.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the resentment of long term members. But I also see this as a legitimate attempt to grow the base with a special offer to potential new members.
    Its no different to Banks who offer attractive 'special offer' deals to entice new clients. Or to streaming services who provide a special trial offer.
    If we get a few thousand people take it up, and as a result a % of those go on to purchase full memberships next year, then that's great.

My main concern is that I hope the club ensures they focus on ensuring those who take it up have a great experience. Given we've had debate here around issues with membership packs not arriving, poor fan engagement, I'm not convinced we're going to necessarily capitalise long term from any boost this gives us beyond the initial offer this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day what someone else pays for their membership does not affect me in any way.

The club is a business and this seems like a reasonable attempt to grow our membership so that our club is still around for many years to come.

I do agree with YHF that the club could do a better job of looking after its members at times though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day what someone else pays for their membership does not affect me in any way.

The club is a business and this seems like a reasonable attempt to grow our membership so that our club is still around for many years to come.

I do agree with YHF that the club could do a better job of looking after its members at times though.
    Do you think it deincentivises (that's a word right?) early adoption for a particular cohort?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Do you think it deincentivises (that's a word right?) early adoption for a particular cohort?
    It probably does but I'm not sure they would represent a large portion of the membership base. If people are very price sensitive they probably know by now they can wait for an offer via the SEN membership days they have every year. I think it's worth the risk from a business point of view to try and lock them into an ongoing membership that takes effort to cancel.

That's just my layman's interpretation, I only did one uni subject on marketing so I'll trust that people with a tad more knowledge than I came up with this idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I get the resentment of long term members. But I also see this as a legitimate attempt to grow the base with a special offer to potential new members.
    Its no different to Banks who offer attractive 'special offer' deals to entice new clients. Or to streaming services who provide a special trial offer.
    If we get a few thousand people take it up, and as a result a % of those go on to purchase full memberships next year, then that's great.

My main concern is that I hope the club ensures they focus on ensuring those who take it up have a great experience. Given we've had debate here around issues with membership packs not arriving, poor fan engagement, I'm not convinced we're going to necessarily capitalise long term from any boost this gives us beyond the initial offer this year.
    A special Netflix trial offer might last 30 days and the service gets cut off. In this scenario I’m getting the exact same product/service at a significant mark up for no additional benefit.

A friend of mine signed up to do a course recently. She paid full price, a month in advance of it starting. She then received an email from the course provider (they obviously don’t segment their email lists properly) advertising a ‘last minute’ offer of 50% off. She was rightly very pissed off and demanded a refund of the difference which she got.

This scenario is no different. A good business would offer discounts/lower price to those that sign up early or on a recurring basis, not reward those that hold out or need a bargain basement price to be tipped over the edge. Or at the very least, be given extra benefits to reward those that pay more.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It probably does but I'm not sure they would represent a large portion of the membership base. If people are very price sensitive they probably know by now they can wait for an offer via the SEN membership days they have every year. I think it's worth the risk from a business point of view to try and lock them into an ongoing membership that takes effort to cancel.

That's just my layman's interpretation, I only did one uni subject on marketing so I'll trust that people with a tad more knowledge than I came up with this idea.
    You're probably right and it only bumped up the count by 1000 or so? However if you were to read a trend on social media (which I know is a cess pit) there's a pretty negative vibe surrounding it in most posts I have seen.

I'd prefer an incentive to get in early or loyalty rewards (maybe 10 percent for 10 years?). But - as you say and YHF say it isn't bad idea to get new people involved, and it doesn't affect my membership but I know some who do struggle with the cost each year and have been very loyal who get 0 reward in comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the sentiment.

I don't have a membership for "what's in it for me". Each to their own I guess.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a membership to be part of the club, not for just entry to games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The issue isn't about buying a membership, or whats in it for me; it's should people who hold out get an incredible deal over those that don't? We were talking half price.

My view is loyalty should be rewarded and that's certainly not mutually exclusive with caring about what you get or buying a membership to support the club.
    I agree they're virtuous motivations and I'm in the same boat.
    I gave my mum the difference so she thought she got the deal anyway after she found out. (she's very trusting ha)

54 year member, no discounts. With petrol at 2. 20 a litre it can make a big difference for many.