Re: 2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Must be very close to the final total.

2. Thanks josie, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

This would be including new AFLW memberships for the upcoming second 2022 season you would think. Existing members have had their membership rolled over for this further season.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how inflated the final number is considering I was given a membership by the club when I did not pay for one.

I find it disappointing that we like every other club, play this game of trying to manufacture bigger numbers. The AFL are the biggest components of this by allowing it, so total membership is increasing so they can all line up for another bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I wonder how inflated the final number is considering I was given a membership by the club when I did not pay for one.

I find it disappointing that we like every other club, play this game of trying to manufacture bigger numbers. The AFL are the biggest components of this by allowing it, so total membership is increasing so they can all line up for another bonus.
    At some point clubs need to justify their existence but I don't get why they would fudge the membership numbers because it really doesn't matter that much. We set a target of 50K for memberships but no one would really think less of the club if it achieved 49K in fact if might incentivize some supporters for the following season.

We have money in the bank and plenty of projects that we are working on. The focus for the club needs to be on that plus our on field performances. Pure membership numbers just don't mean much, it's more about the satisfaction of how the supporters feel about their memberships and I think there is room for improvement in that aspect.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    At some point clubs need to justify their existence but I don't get why they would fudge the membership numbers because it really doesn't matter that much. We set a target of 50K for memberships but no one would really think less of the club if it achieved 49K in fact if might incentivize some supporters for the following season.

We have money in the bank and plenty of projects that we are working on. The focus for the club needs to be on that plus our on field performances. Pure membership numbers just don't mean much, it's more about the satisfaction of how the supporters feel about their memberships and I think there is room for improvement in that aspect.
    Propaganda when competing with other clubs for sponsors is one reason; the email contacts can also be used for marketing purposes. Giving free junior memberships may increase support in the future.

In the 2018 annual report it was stated that we had discontinued 5000 complimentary memberships so we may be doing this less now than in the past and less than other clubs though it's hard to know.

One way is comparison of membership revenue figures if they are available in club annual reports. Last year we had less than 200 more members than North but we received about $2.2m more than them from this category.

GWS 30k figure is obviously hugely inflated by free memberships. They had about two thirds of our members but received about one fifth of the revenue.

10. Likes GVGjr, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Propaganda when competing with other clubs for sponsors is one reason; the email contacts can also be used for marketing purposes. Giving free junior memberships may increase support in the future.

In the 2018 annual report it was stated that we had discontinued 5000 complimentary memberships so we may be doing this less now than in the past and less than other clubs though it's hard to know.

One way is comparison of membership revenue figures if they are available in club annual reports. Last year we had less than 200 more members than North but we received about $2.2m more than them from this category.

GWS 30k figure is obviously hugely inflated by free memberships. They had about two thirds of our members but received about one fifth of the revenue.

Agreed. Revenue from memberships is far more important than the total membership numbers.

12. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    55,000 hopefully next season. Just great to have broken the 50K mark this year.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow woofers.

Does any woofer know who is in charge of membership at the club? I'm after a name rather than the generic membership@westernbulldogs

My better half signed up as an aflw member of the dogs on Sunday night and the lack of acknowledgement or engagement after she hit purchase was non existent.

Her words exactly "where is my email saying Welcome to the Kennel"?

No confirmation email of the membership purchase, no idea if she is getting a membership pack like a sticker, no email on how access matchday tickets etc., no link to the online shop to buy merch, no reference to the clubs app or socials

For someone like my better half who is only 5% interested in AFL and only because she started watching her sister play local footy surely this type of early engagement is vital?

To me the above seems a no brainer; but I'm not in marketing or fan engagement.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aza,

Check your messages and good luck.

19. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly an area that you need to make a good first up impression with so a tad disappointing that the acknowledgement and welcome hasn't been sent.

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's probably an automation failure.

All of those things are driven by automated work flows, most likely via a cloud provider such as Azure (Microsoft) or AWS (Amazon).

Point being it may not be the clubs fault.

Terrible impression though let's hope they aren't half arseing it and using Barry's Bargain Basement IT solutions!

23. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hello fellow woofers.

Does any woofer know who is in charge of membership at the club? I'm after a name rather than the generic membership@westernbulldogs

My better half signed up as an aflw member of the dogs on Sunday night and the lack of acknowledgement or engagement after she hit purchase was non existent.

Her words exactly "where is my email saying Welcome to the Kennel"?

No confirmation email of the membership purchase, no idea if she is getting a membership pack like a sticker, no email on how access matchday tickets etc., no link to the online shop to buy merch, no reference to the clubs app or socials

For someone like my better half who is only 5% interested in AFL and only because she started watching her sister play local footy surely this type of early engagement is vital?

To me the above seems a no brainer; but I'm not in marketing or fan engagement.
    Not in junk mail Aza? Amazing what emails can appear in there.

25. Likes azabob liked this post