Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  49
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rivalry of Nastiness developing between two afl teams

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    “It didn’t come to blows because a player from Melbourne and a player from the Western Bulldogs, who are best mates and used to live together and may still do, they met halfway between level two and three on safe ground, and negotiated a peace treaty that saved these two clubs coming to blows.
    Mitch Hannan?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yeah and I'm not overly please with Bont's assessment that they perhaps don't need to review the GF. That Melbourne just had another gear to go to that they couldn't match on the night. That's a mistake if they do this. They need to review that last 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter within an inch of their lives... especially given the ruck setup is not going to look profoundly different next season. The midfield group especially need to evaluate how they could/will set up differently when the opposition team start to get on top.
    Ive banged on about this a few times but the things you’ve said we’ve seen time and time again with this group. Just these sudden drop offs. How many times can you say we don’t need to review as "it wasn’t us" or "it’s not how we play"? The rate at which we see it I’m beginning to think it is how we play! If reviews aren’t needed because they know what went wrong, then why the hell can’t we notice it live and know how to respond and address it!? I’ve never seen such a bipolar team (and bipolar game for that matter in the grand final). I’m still at a loss understanding how a team can be 3 goals up in a grand final and get pummelled 5 minutes later.

3. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Ive banged on about this a few times but the things you’ve said we’ve seen time and time again with this group. Just these sudden drop offs. How many times can you say we don’t need to review as "it wasn’t us" or "it’s not how we play"? The rate at which we see it I’m beginning to think it is how we play! If reviews aren’t needed because they know what went wrong, then why the hell can’t we notice it live and know how to respond and address it!? I’ve never seen such a bipolar team (and bipolar game for that matter in the grand final). I’m still at a loss understanding how a team can be 3 goals up in a grand final and get pummelled 5 minutes later.
    I think you know the answers but I also think you don't LIKE the answers.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure Caleb and ANB are best mates.

What a bunch of flogs Melbourne are.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst team to lose to.

There's a reason they're the most hated amongst the players.

Also the flag unfurling would be further rubbing it in hence they want the round one game.

8. Likes bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As if the loss couldn't hurt more.

I hope this is burning in our players' guts and drives them in 2022.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yeah and I'm not overly please with Bont's assessment that they perhaps don't need to review the GF. That Melbourne just had another gear to go to that they couldn't match on the night. That's a mistake if they do this. They need to review that last 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter within an inch of their lives... especially given the ruck setup is not going to look profoundly different next season. The midfield group especially need to evaluate how they could/will set up differently when the opposition team start to get on top.
    Not sure that's an accurate reflection of what he has said, I read "You try and absorb as much as you can from today that you can use going forward"

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...26-p58uun.html
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact a ridiculous tune from my time going to Marquee as a young fella, post the ridiculous suburban pubs I went to prior is causing such a stir.

Next they'll be bashing each other up when someone gets traded and decides to play Everything But The Girl at a house party:

It's all a bit silly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes chef, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I love the fact a ridiculous tune from my time going to Marquee as a young fella, post the ridiculous suburban pubs I went to prior is causing such a stir.

Next they'll be bashing each other up when someone gets traded and decides to play Everything But The Girl at a house party:

It's all a bit silly.
    Start a music thread that makes you unhappy, and take it there you wanker!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

It's all a bit silly.
    Gee whiz. My better half went to Marquee, a lot back in the day... ships in the night and all that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Worst team to lose to.

There's a reason they're the most hated amongst the players.

Also the flag unfurling would be further rubbing it in hence they want the round one game.
    Yes, I really don't understand why a losing Grand Final team would want to play in the game where the flag is unfurled in any year.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Not sure that's an accurate reflection of what he has said, I read "You try and absorb as much as you can from today that you can use going forward"

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...26-p58uun.html
    Yeah reading that clarifies his position better than another article I read, that seems to have just selectively quoted just the bit about him saying he doubted they'd need to review the GF.

19. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee whiz. My better half went to Marquee, a lot back in the day... ships in the night and all that.
    The bouncers knew us on a first name basis...not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you want to know why Richmond were so rubbish in the 90's, half their players were at the Marquee every weekend and were usually the last to leave (along with me and my mates).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

21. Likes jeemak, azabob, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The bouncers knew us on a first name basis...not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you want to know why Richmond were so rubbish in the 90's, half their players were at the Marquee every weekend and were usually the last to leave (along with me and my mates).
    Was there many a time back then too.

A good mate of mine met his wife there (of all places)! We were only there that night as it was the only time The Motel would not let us in!

23. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Was there many a time back then too.

A good mate of mine met his wife there (of all places)! We were only there that night as it was the only time The Motel would not let us in!
    I feel like a thread dedicated to the horrendous places we used to go drinking might be required.

Thinking of Marquee (not that I went there many times) has started me reminiscing…
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

25. Likes jeemak, Sedat liked this post