Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rivalry of Nastiness developing between two afl teams

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...53986/page-118

Scroll about halfway down the page, there is a FB screenshot of a post that Dermott Brereton commented on that should get you in the “I hate Mebourne” mood.
    That's pretty average from Brayshaw if true.

I already hate them, I'm just feeling the only revenge is to knock them out of a final or win it again ourselves. We had our chance.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Put Luke Jackson on his arse when he gets consecutive centre clearances if you want to get angry, no point now
    Yeah I’m kind of sick of hearing about wanting revenge. Seems to happen after every loss in a big game where we’ve been pounded. If we had that fight naturally in us we would have stuck it to them during the game. 2016 was about us being the hunters. Remember Libba in the prelim to Heath Shaw? We were fearless and relentless then. We need that back. None of this fabricating shit.

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah I’m kind of sick of hearing about wanting revenge. Seems to happen after every loss in a big game where we’ve been pounded. If we had that fight naturally in us we would have stuck it to them during the game. 2016 was about us being the hunters. Remember Libba in the prelim to Heath Shaw? We were fearless and relentless then. We need that back. None of this fabricating shit.
    We had guys we could depend on in a scrap.

Smith, Picken, Boyd... Stringer even didn't take a backwards step.
    Jackson is such a talent for the Demons, being shit really pays off when you've got good recruiters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...53986/page-118

Scroll about halfway down the page, there is a FB screenshot of a post that Dermott Brereton commented on that should get you in the “I hate Mebourne” mood.
    I dunno I didn't get past this and it's got me chuckling heartily even though it's clearly made up:

Heard from a mate who sells huna to some of the Doggies players that there was a bit of a drama between Caleb Daniel and Zaine Cordy early last year. Apparently Caleb kept calling him "Ayce" during training about 4-5 times, and Cordy ended up walloping him something shocking. Daniel kept saying that he genuinely didn't know and that he thought he was Ayce and all that, but it kept just making him angrier. Even after getting flogged, it took a few days for the leadership group to convince Daniel and get them to reconcile

All good now apparently though and they get along well
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I dunno I didn't get past this and it's got me chuckling heartily even though it's clearly made up:

Heard from a mate who sells huna to some of the Doggies players that there was a bit of a drama between Caleb Daniel and Zaine Cordy early last year. Apparently Caleb kept calling him "Ayce" during training about 4-5 times, and Cordy ended up walloping him something shocking. Daniel kept saying that he genuinely didn't know and that he thought he was Ayce and all that, but it kept just making him angrier. Even after getting flogged, it took a few days for the leadership group to convince Daniel and get them to reconcile

All good now apparently though and they get along well
    Makes me feel a bit Perrottet.

Post Thanks / Like

Google, what is a huna?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

If some little shit did that to my daughter he'd be praying the cops got to him first and locked him somewhere I couldn't get to him.

It'd be down Yarraville nets!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And as far as Melbourne go it's interesting that we appear to be living rent free inside their heads to the extent that straight after they win their first flag in nearly 60 years instead of being happy for themselves (and displaying some class) they are thinking about us.

Bulldog derangement syndrome.

13. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be back. Will stick it right up em next time round hopefully.

Cmon Dogs!!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Have never rated Melb as a Club. Hide behind their name as a reason they will never go out of existence despite their actions not deserving of it. Examples include:

- Disowning their heritage. Generalisations but a predominantly Toff supporter base yet their President always denies this! Who is she trying to kid?
    - In recent years and in the lead-up to the GF, they were saying they blocked the merger with the Hawks (when it was the Hawks fans that voted against it after the Melb fans voted for it). Another denial of history.
    - Not ever losing Draft Picks from the Tanking Scandal. $500k fine and no admission of fault. Every Club should pay that as the cost of doing business. (Was not penalised as the AFL put their own man as CEO and given the time and effort they were putting into the Club, they did not want to shoot themselves in the foot).
    - Another example of this is the Bullies only getting one 1st round pick back for losing Ward to GWS, versus Melb gaining two 1st round picks after Scully left because of the culture. Again, the AFL used it as an opportunity to assist them despite their mismanagement.
    - Barassi slagging off the regions ethnicity.
    - Goodwin's relationship whilst at the Bumbers with Dank and Hird! He's no clean-skin yet only Hird's coaching career was ruined.

Given all the assistance they have received in recent years, any wonder they are in the position they are in?

Don't care for rivalries. I want the Bullies to beat everyone. I just will not give adulation to a Club that has not fought hard enough and is undeserving of all the hand-outs, coupled with their revisionist view of their own Club!

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Put Luke Jackson on his arse when he gets consecutive centre clearances if you want to get angry, no point now
    Agree. The point you needed to get angry was in the GF. After the final 45 minutes of that game we almost deserve to be mocked.

18. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Have never rated Melb as a Club. Hide behind their name as a reason they will never go out of existence despite their actions not deserving of it. Examples include:

- Disowning their heritage. Generalisations but a predominantly Toff supporter base yet their President always denies this! Who is she trying to kid?
    - In recent years and in the lead-up to the GF, they were saying they blocked the merger with the Hawks (when it was the Hawks fans that voted against it after the Melb fans voted for it). Another denial of history.
    - Not ever losing Draft Picks from the Tanking Scandal. $500k fine and no admission of fault. Every Club should pay that as the cost of doing business. (Was not penalised as the AFL put their own man as CEO and given the time and effort they were putting into the Club, they did not want to shoot themselves in the foot).
    - Another example of this is the Bullies only getting one 1st round pick back for losing Ward to GWS, versus Melb gaining two 1st round picks after Scully left because of the culture. Again, the AFL used it as an opportunity to assist them despite their mismanagement.
    - Goodwin's relationship whilst at the Bumbers with Dank and Hird! He's no clean-skin yet only Hird's coaching career was ruined.

Given all the assistance they have received in recent years, any wonder they are in the position they are in?

Don't care for rivalries. I want the Bullies to beat everyone. I just will not give adulation to a Club that has not fought hard enough and is undeserving of all the hand-outs, coupled with their revisionist view of their own Club!

Bang on. The AFL also sourced Paul Roos and paid his wages for his stint at Melbourne and virtually handed Jesse Hogan to them.

20. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't engage with the other forum, haven't done so for over a decade now. But I do check it from time to time for trade news etc.. My eye was caught by some thread on the main page that was sometihng about why aren't the bulldogs copping it from the media for their GF performance..... I should've known better, but I clicked on it... and low and behold it's from some Melbourne supporter in super troll mode...
    Unbelievable. I can't believe that having broke a 57 year premiership drought, this is where some Melbourne supporter would want to be expending their time in the sun?
    I really hope Karma bites them hard going forward.. and I really do hope this sits firmly in the memory of our players going forward and they draw from it to push them even harder whenever we play Melbourne.

22. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post

Pick 3 for Frawley was one of the biggest hand outs ever. Basically a priority pick dressed up as compensation.

Meant they could take Petracca and Brayshaw (2 and 3) in 2014.

24. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you expect? they grow up having to do nasty private school boy things to each other and other people.

Hopefully this was their only final for a good long while and happened when the sounds of their singing echoed in the empty streets of Melbourne. Not to mention their members getting arrested for playing with the virus laws.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus