Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  35
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating the 2021 Trade Period

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    People are so upset over not getting a ruck that the ruck thread is now closed it seems
    Thread goes a little off track and the dictator mods shut it down.

I feel Ruck Me II coming - the Ruckening.

2. Likes azabob, jeemak, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen and watch Sam Power here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Time for the Rise of ruckman Josh Dunkley.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Listen and watch Sam Power here
    so we’re pretty much backing in Sweet to be the Sean Darcy of 2022? Well, time to get in the track and build that tank ol mate.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

That isn't his job, we have a recruitment manager, however, we are talking about trading existing players, and he has done a great job.
    When I see our list manager watching games of u18 football in Perth alongside our local recruiters I think you can safely say he is having a reasonable say in the recruitment of the players as well as the managing of the list! :-)
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes GVGjr, The Underdog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    so we’re pretty much backing in Sweet to be the Sean Darcy of 2022? Well, time to get in the track and build that tank ol mate.
    What? A pretty high draft pick who has two injury interrupted seasons already in the bank who takes a big step in year 3?

I think we are talking about 2x very different pathways here...Sweet basically played zero footy in 2020 and lost a year of development...asking him to jump up the way Darcy did (a player who had already showed that capacity for the contest) is both unfair and unrealistic.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Likes Mofra, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    When I see our list manager watching games of u18 football in Perth alongside our local recruiters I think you can safely say he is having a reasonable say in the recruitment of the players as well as the managing of the list! :-)
    Recruitment reports to Sam, and yeah he does look at it.

This thread was about the trade period and I was commenting on the trade side.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    What? A pretty high draft pick who has two injury interrupted seasons already in the bank who takes a big step in year 3?

I think we are talking about 2x very different pathways here...Sweet basically played zero footy in 2020 and lost a year of development...asking him to jump up the way Darcy did (a player who had already showed that capacity for the contest) is both unfair and unrealistic.
    Dont shoot the messenger, but interpreting what Power just said, we’re expecting Sweet to step up to number one ruck with help from Martin and English, at least that’s how I understood him.

Might not be a Sean Darcy level of step up.. Where would you like to see Sweet be this year? Say we play him in all 22 H&A games, at least around a Draper level? Jackson?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

The uncertainty of the salary cap moving forward seems to have had a very big impact on trades for all clubs this year.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont shoot the messenger, but interpreting what Power just said, we’re expecting Sweet to step up to number one ruck with help from Martin and English, at least that’s how I understood him.

Might not be a Sean Darcy level of step up.. Where would you like to see Sweet be this year? Say we play him in all 22 H&A games, at least around a Draper level? Jackson?
    Personally I will be hoping that Sweet can step up to be a solid ruck at AFL level and be able to mitigate the influence of the better rucks in the competition. I wouldn't expect him to play 22 games, I would imagine Stef plays some as well and I don't think we can have both in the same side.

Post Thanks / Like

Draper was chased with a $500k pa contract before he even debuted. Sweet hasn't shown anywhere near that much as yet.

We've thrown a huge gauntlet down to him and I hope we're not setting the bar of expectation so high he is bound to fail, like we did to 20 years worth of KPFs.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The interview by the AFL media on Sam was bloody terrible. The guy couldnt come up with a few key questions that were obvious to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Harsh Jee
    7.5 is still a fairly high score. However as BT&T stated how hard he had to work for Treloar and JUH impacted the score overall.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    7.5 is still a fairly high score. However as BT&T stated how hard he had to work for Treloar and JUH impacted the score overall.
    The price of Treloar and the salary reductions has to be worth something though right? We barely paid anything and Collingwood are paying a third of the cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The price of Treloar and the salary reductions has to be worth something though right? We barely paid anything and Collingwood are paying a third of the cost.
    I think that’s where Sam excels. That’s his game. But the start of the whole process, identifying who we can make offers to, that might be his weakness.