Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    There have been a few murmurs that we could be interested in trading into the draft this year using future picks. GWS have put pick 13 up for sale and keen on a future 1st in return. Carlton put pick 25 up a few weeks back.
    We pass it to Charlie, Charlie onto Jones, Arthur to Jamarra and Marra puts it through. Aren't we good, Aren't we good....

  2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    30,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    not necessarily names but player types. I've posted recently that a couple of genuine small forwards with good ground level skills and a bit of zip would be a welcome addition to our list. I think that is the most glaring hole on our list.

    It will be interesting to see how the club assesses Sam Darcy. That could influence whether or not we pick a key defender or a ruckman. Knowing us we probably pick neither!

    I like how we give one of our Footscray boys a go on the rookie list at least. I've long been an advocate for JGM.
    With Darcy I just don't think we can count on him for much next year, tall skinny, injured and with very little games behind him over the last 2 years might not help him much.

    Would Lonie be of interest for you or 'local boys' Preston or McComb? JGM probably fits a role for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  4. Likes Threedogs liked this post
  5. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Would Lonie be of interest for you or 'local boys' Preston or McComb? JGM probably fits a role for us.
    No interest in Lonie. Preston maybe as a late pick/rookie, there seems a bit of interest in him from other clubs. Not sold on McComb but he has improved enormously. We've nominated Raak so we must have some interest in him.
    We pass it to Charlie, Charlie onto Jones, Arthur to Jamarra and Marra puts it through. Aren't we good, Aren't we good....

  6. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, Threedogs liked this post
  7. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    No interest in Lonie. Preston maybe as a late pick/rookie, there seems a bit of interest in him from other clubs. Not sold on McComb but he has improved enormously. We've nominated Raak so we must have some interest in him.
    I'm glad we've nominated Raak. I like the idea of having a Tim O'Brien/Khamis type who can play tall or medium and Raak shapes as another who can develop into that type of player, and as a Cat B it's a free hit.

    I expect one of our late picks will be a small forward type based on our interviews and baseless media speculation.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  8. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Raak looked ok when I saw him play in a game or so this year but he did not look tall. Competitive though. Let’s have Moz as a mentor.
    Last edited by josie; 23-11-2021 at 09:25 PM.

  9. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    I like this in The Age. That's an upgrade on what has been mooted so far in the media.

    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...23-p59bb7.html

    Geelong is keen on pick 23 and is among the three or four clubs in discussion with the Dogs over trading up for that selection.

    Under a deal being discussed the Dogs would trade 23 to the Cats for picks 32, 34 and a future third round pick under an arrangement that would turn pick 23 into 200 more valuable points and a third round pick next year.
    We pass it to Charlie, Charlie onto Jones, Arthur to Jamarra and Marra puts it through. Aren't we good, Aren't we good....

  10. Thanks Grantysghost, GVGjr, Sedat, josie, azabob thanked for this post
  11. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    30,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    That would be a great outcome Doc. The extra points would be huge for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
  13. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Pre Season & Rookie drafts today from 3pm.

    we still have 2 list spots available.

    Players available we have been linked with include; Hugh Stagg, Mitchell Cox, Corey Preston & Cody Raak.
    We pass it to Charlie, Charlie onto Jones, Arthur to Jamarra and Marra puts it through. Aren't we good, Aren't we good....

  14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
  15. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Pre Season & Rookie drafts today from 3pm.

    we still have 2 list spots available.

    Players available we have been linked with include; Hugh Stagg, Mitchell Cox, Corey Preston & Cody Raak.
    There are a couple of mature aged KPDs still on the board too I think- Charlie Dean and the WA kid Pegoraro (forgive spelling)

    I suspect we go for an overager/mature type as a rookie. With the Clearly pick we might lean towards Stagg/Cox as that utility, high forward type and take Raak as a Cat B.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  16. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There are a couple of mature aged KPDs still on the board too I think- Charlie Dean and the WA kid Pegoraro (forgive spelling)

    I suspect we go for an overager/mature type as a rookie. With the Clearly pick we might lean towards Stagg/Cox as that utility, high forward type and take Raak as a Cat B.
    I think by picking Clearly it is unlikely Raak gets an opportunity even as a Cat B.

    Surely we have to pick a ruck and a KPD?
    #BeMoreBulldog

  17. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think by picking Clearly it is unlikely Raak gets an opportunity even as a Cat B.

    Surely we have to pick a ruck and a KPD?
    Are there any standout prospects at those positions remaining?

  18. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Really hoping we get at least one of if not both a key defender prospect or a ruck. I know Darcy might end up being either but they are two spots that can take 2-4 years time to develop, can often find very good players for in the rookie draft and obviously are positions we have neglected in the past to our detriment.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

  19. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2021 Draft Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Really hoping we get at least one of if not both a key defender prospect or a ruck. I know Darcy might end up being either but they are two spots that can take 2-4 years time to develop, can often find very good players for in the rookie draft and obviously are positions we have neglected in the past to our detriment.
    I'd be comfortable with Brayden Crossley as a rookie ruck. TBH he might even jump ahead of Sweet in the pecking order simply because he has better forward craft.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •