Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Drafting 2016 to 2021

The HUN has rated our last 5 drafts

WESTERN BULLDOGS

2016: Tim English (19), Pat Lipinski (28), Lewis Young (49), Lewis Young (49), Fergus Greene (70), Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (rookie)
    2017: Aaron Naughton (9), Ed Richards (16), Callum Porter (74), Billy Gowers (rookie)
    2018: Bailey Smith (7), Rhylee West (26), Laitham Vandermeer (37), Ben Cavarra (45), Will Hayes (78), Lachie Young (rookie), Jordan Sweet (rookie), Ryan Gardner (mid-season)
    2019: Cody Weightman (15), Louis Butler (53), Riley Garcia (62)
    2020: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (1), Dominic Bedendo (55), Lachlan McNeil (11), Anthony Scott (SPP)

Like Melbourne, nailing their first-round selections has been key to the Bulldogs finding their way back to footy’s biggest stage. There’s been no late-round gem – although McNeil and Scott both played a role in 2021 – but it’s a big tick for the club’s first pick in each of the past five years; English, Naughton, Smith, Weightman and Academy gun Ugle-Hagan. There’s been no real bust immediately after that, either. Richards burst onto the scene, missing just three games in his first three seasons at the top level, and Lipinski has also shown his talent, despite a lack of opportunity.

Rating: A
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Drafting 2016 to 2021

Lipinski is the one I worry about.

Think he has enough talent to make it.

Other than that we've done pretty well retaining and developing the good players from that list.

Hopefully West comes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Drafting 2016 to 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Lipinski is the one I worry about.

Think he has enough talent to make it.

Other than that we've done pretty well retaining and developing the good players from that list.

Hopefully West comes on.
    Lipinski unquestionably has the skill. I think he'll end up having a decent career, but I also think we won't miss him that much.
    "It's over. It's all over."