Thanks Thanks:  315
Likes Likes:  1,111
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990
Results 1,336 to 1,345 of 1345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches

What’s Bartel doing? He was one of the most reliable kicks I can remember, along with Aker and (gulp) N Brown. Omitting Tory D as I think someone said he himself was not sure he could impart how he kicks so well to others some years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

There was an article this week about who is working in the private school footy system and one that jumped out was Paul Hudson coaching at Yarra Valley Grammar. The fact he is still working in football suggests he’d be worth approaching as goal kicking coach - one of the best kicks at goal we’ve had.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

3. Likes GVGjr, josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does a goal kicking coach have to have been in the AFL as a player? Teaching technique is something different than being able to do it yourself.

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    There was an article this week about who is working in the private school footy system and one that jumped out was Paul Hudson coaching at Yarra Valley Grammar. The fact he is still working in football suggests he’d be worth approaching as goal kicking coach - one of the best kicks at goal we’ve had.
    Beaut suggestion.

7. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I remember being in the Lions cheer squad in early 2001 at Colonial Stadium when Hudson kicked 8 will never forget that day. I'm pretty sure it was the Lions last loss of the season that year and they went on to win 3 straight premierships.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I remember being in the Lions cheer squad in early 2001 at Colonial Stadium when Hudson kicked 8 will never forget that day. I'm pretty sure it was the Lions last loss of the season that year and they went on to win 3 straight premierships.
    Did the roof at Colonial spring a leak that day? I remember that the rain was so heavy that the sound of it hitting the roof made it almost impossible to hear the person sitting next to you.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    What’s Bartel doing? He was one of the most reliable kicks I can remember, along with Aker and (gulp) N Brown. Omitting Tory D as I think someone said he himself was not sure he could impart how he kicks so well to others some years ago.
    I’m disappointed you have not followed my campaign to pry Bartel away from the giants as footy director and bring him to our club as Grants replacement.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m disappointed you have not followed my campaign to pry Bartel away from the giants as footy director and bring him to our club as Grants replacement.
    Thanks for update. I didn’t even know he was a footy director. Goal kicking coach out of the question. After his media stint I had no idea what he was doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thanks for update. I didn’t even know he was a footy director. Goal kicking coach out of the question. After his media stint I had no idea what he was doing.
    He has been footy director for a number of years while doing media.
    FWIW i believe he is now on 3aw and Footy Classifieds (well the season just gone).
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He has been footy director for a number of years while doing media.
    FWIW i believe he is now on 3aw and Footy Classifieds (well the season just gone).
    Wouldn’t be putting footy classified on the resume.
    Bring back the biff