Thanks Thanks:  315
Likes Likes:  1,111
Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Posters are putting up sound bites without context and other posters are falling for it hook, line and sinker.
    I watched the segment very early this morning and didn't see anything wrong with it.

I don't buy the story that the board sacked Rohan to show that they're in charge. If that were the case Bevo's mate Spangher would have been given the flick not a 300 game legend at the club.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Posters are putting up sound bites without context and other posters are falling for it hook, line and sinker.
    I watched it last night and I didn't see anything sinister in it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of true or false Caro's podcast has been around for a number of years.
    ok, first guest for the year. I don't listen to her at all. Sick of the BS of these footy shows.

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    "My understanding is that Luke Beveridge was happy to keep Rohan Smith."

Caroline Wilson believes the Bulldogs' call to not offer a club legend another deal went against its senior coach's wishes, in a 'significant shift' at the kennel.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/stat...266690048?s=20
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You're questioning Caro's integrity and her standards rather than challenging the content of what she has said.
    I don't think what she has said was negative towards Bevo or the club. Do you?
    Yes I am questioning her integrity, because she is off the mark here regarding Rohan.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes I am questioning her integrity, because she is off the mark here regarding Rohan.
    Do you know that for a fact?

I suspect she's actually not far off the mark at all, the devil is in the detail of what she said.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know that for a fact?

I suspect she's actually not far off the mark at all, the devil is in the detail of what she said.
    From what I have been told, but maybe yes Bevo wanted to still employ him, but the way she puts it to sound like a riff between him and the club is just plain sensationalism. I don't like that sort of journalism. That is where her integrity is questionable.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have been told, but maybe yes Bevo wanted to still employ him, but the way she puts it to sound like a riff between him and the club is just plain sensationalism. I don't like that sort of journalism. That is where her integrity is questionable.
    Hey BAD - I'm probably like you and think the worst where she is concerned but I don't think this was anti-Bevo or anti-club. I think what she is trying to say is that whilst Bevo has been the dominant footy person at the club since the departure of Lowe and there are some challenges to that status right now.

I mean, I guess you could say that is anti-Bevo but I'm not sure...it's just pointing out that there is a bit of a shift in the power balance at the footy club.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

8. Likes Bullies, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Hey BAD - I'm probably like you and think the worst where she is concerned but I don't think this was anti-Bevo or anti-club. I think what she is trying to say is that whilst Bevo has been the dominant footy person at the club since the departure of Lowe and there are some challenges to that status right now.

I mean, I guess you could say that is anti-Bevo but I'm not sure...it's just pointing out that there is a bit of a shift in the power balance at the footy club.
    I think that started after the Morris incident.

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I just get sick of stupid and unnecessary commentary from these people.

Post Thanks / Like

She contacted the club and they declined to comment so I think she has done her due diligence.

Post Thanks / Like

She contacted the club and they declined to comment so I think she has done her due diligence.
    Caro is a cancer and always has been. Don't believe a word she says.

14. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    "A lot coaches have left" Caro.

"The trend up until know is that we know some of those have been fallings out" - Caro

"Coaches have not just been happy working with Luke Beveridge" - Caro

"I just think that there is a move and it comes from the Board led by Ameet Baines and his team that they need to change the narrative around the football club, that this is now a club run by the coach" - Caro

mmm for so many falling outs, gee whiz there were coaches who were happy to work with Bevo for many, many, may years.
    By hook or by crook Caro will get Bevo sacked if it's the last thing she does. She can smell a bone a mile away.

She's only just getting started.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She contacted the club they didn’t respond so she makes up her own story .
    Bring back the biff

18. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They showed that eight coaches in nine seasons have left the club and they're using that as a lever to propagate Bevo being difficult to work with. Albeit admitting some left for opportunity.

We all think we've kept coaches too long! It's really amazing stuff.

Bevo - very emotional about losing a club legend.

I've heard......not confirmed.

Close losses means the coach is bad.

I really hope the panic merchant mentality that's infecting the supporter base driven by this bullshit in the media doesn't stick. Well I'm not that hopeful.

The only thing that gives me some sense of calm about our administration is they're weathered corporatists that have to present and be accountable to shit numbers and results from time to time, and should know that calm instead of chaos is the way to deal with it.

If the club responds in the emphatic reactionary way the media is goading it towards I'll be really disappointed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes 1eyedog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The information asymmetry is so stark between what we as supporters are able to experience, and the difference between us and the media is almost the same.

People at the club literally live and breath the information day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute and it's because of that versus what we have I just can't buy into this bullshit.

I understand that as observers we can only interpret what is put in front of us, but that should calm us rather than make us rabid. And that's not to say we should just sit by and suck it up, but at the same time buying into this shit doesn't do anyone any favours.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

That show is all negative . I’ve never seen Caro bring a positive story .
    It’s all about making up rumours because (sadly ) most people love a disaster story.
    The segment Caros arrow pretty much sums it all up . I’m going to pot someone or a club every week.
    Mental health is furthest from these degenerate minds as you could ever get.
    Bring back the biff

23. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post