Thanks Thanks:  315
Likes Likes:  1,111
Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd be okay with us being linked again with King. He would have learned a lot in his time at the Suns.
    On how not to make the 8? Surely we are crying out for a new voice?

2. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I would prefer new voices
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Harsh…

…How to have heaps of highly talented players on a list and not win games.

Couldn’t agree more on the new voice. Why are we always linked to ex players or coaches? This off season I’ve seen King, Gia, Boyd, Murphy, Cameron etc. Are we that incapable or unwilling to find new people?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes josie, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Harsh…

…How to have heaps of highly talented players on a list and not win games.

Couldn’t agree more on the new voice. Why are we always linked to ex players or coaches? This off season I’ve seen King, Gia, Boyd, Murphy, Cameron etc. Are we that incapable or unwilling to find new people?
    Lade, Spangher, Webb?

Post Thanks / Like

That club is doomed I tell ya. Reckon King still has good connections at the club. We did well when he was around we could do far worse imo.

Obviously works well with Bevo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest concern at the club is Grant, if anyone has heard his interview on SEN post season it was far from convincing. I'd be stunned if we haven't got a senior assistant lined up since the review began mid year, knowing some of the coaching staff were moving on and also the fact the Bevos wage was freeing up cap space. If we have not and left it last minute then It's the definition of incompetence.

I'm not going to panic yet lets see what happens over the next month and as we have said many times the first handful of games next year will answer many questions.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting perspective if the assumption is only people from successful clubs can help a team.

The Collingwood assistants haven't necessarily come from successful coaching appointments and it's about working with and supporting the head coach and I think King has some of those qualities. You might be right and perhaps it's just too early to consider him returning but I'm not sure why you discrediting him for his 2 years at the Suns.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting perspective if the assumption is only people from successful clubs can help a team.

The Collingwood assistants haven't necessarily come from successful coaching appointments and it's about working with and supporting the head coach and I think King has some of those qualities. Perhaps it's just too early to consider him returning but I'm not sure why you discrediting him for his 2 years at the Suns.
    Two ex senior coaches at Pies. Could Bevo absorb that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Two ex senior coaches at Pies. Could Bevo absorb that?
    They've had to curb their ambitions and have jumped in behind their now premiership coach.
    I wonder if Grant thinks that's the sort of experience we need but we will start to get linked to some names soon enough.

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard a comment from McRae today "I'm not arrogant, but I'm a winner. I'm in the business of winning. Every day I'm looking at ways I can get better, so that I win".

I think Bevo and Bont are winners. I'm not sure how many others we have with that attitude. I think that's a priority for this off season, on and off field.

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest concern at the club is Grant, if anyone has heard his interview on SEN post season it was far from convincing. I'd be stunned if we haven't got a senior assistant lined up since the review began mid year, knowing some of the coaching staff were moving on and also the fact the Bevos wage was freeing up cap space. If we have not and left it last minute then It's the definition of incompetence.

I'm not going to panic yet lets see what happens over the next month and as we have said many times the first handful of games next year will answer many questions.
    Agreed unfortunately. Granty doesn't compare well with his counterpart at Collingwood, Graham Wright. A high quality head of footy can make a big difference in a short space of time, as Wright has done.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Is working for Bevo is a selling point or a drawback? I would’ve thought the former, but there’s no apparent queue to get here. I didn’t think we’d be in October with three assistants down, a fitness boss down and still no Maple replacement. When other clubs are signing them up by the day, I’m starting to wonder why assistants aren’t wanting to work here under a premiership coach.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is working for Bevo is a selling point or a drawback? I would’ve thought the former, but there’s no apparent queue to get here. I didn’t think we’d be in October with three assistants down, a fitness boss down and still no Maple replacement. When other clubs are signing them up by the day, I’m starting to wonder why assistants aren’t wanting to work here under a premiership coach.
    It should be seen by assistant coaches as a real positive. Bevo's a premiership coach, we are about to have an excellent training facility and we have a playing list that has under-performed but with some very exciting talent. I'd imagine most assistant coaches would would think it's a good destination
    Ambitious assistant coaches might be put off by having the experienced Brendan Lade in front of them but if you look at the Pies set-up being part of a united coaching team has worked well for Bolton and Leppa.

Lets see what starts to jump off by the end of the week.

19. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be seen by assistant coaches as a real positive. Bevo's a premiership coach, we are about to have an excellent training facility and we have a playing list that has under-performed but with some very exciting talent. I'd imagine most assistant coaches would would think it's a good destination
    Ambitious assistant coaches might be put off by having the experienced Brendan Lade in front of them but if you look at the Pies set-up being part of a united coaching team has worked well for Bolton and Leppa.

Lets see what starts to jump off by the end of the week.
    Plus could be a bit of dead man walking too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Plus could be a bit of dead man walking too.
    Agreed, that point would not be lost on a few of the more ambitious types.

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post