Thanks Thanks:  315
Likes Likes:  1,111
Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Any mention at the Best and Fariest when we are likely to make announcements?

Did Bevo hint in his speech that Edge could be an option as an afl assistant and also we are looking internally to replace Matt Innes?

Bevo seemed to confirm Martin is leaving and we want him to stay.
    Very little mention of the coaching position at the BnF other than Bevo?s reference to Stef Martin leaving, and some reference by Bevo that he (as in Bevo) isn?t finished yet. Not sure what he meant by that. But Bevo would try to retain Stef.

Only unconfirmed word I?ve heard is that Kornberg to become our VFL coach and Edge to be elevated, but please take this with a grain of salt at this time.

On a separate matter, what Bevo didn?t say was probably as telling as what he did say. He thanked the Board and Kylie, and gave a special thanks to “Lukey Darcy”. Bevo then went on to thank all those around or below him for their support / work with extra thanks for Rohan. Neither Chris Grant nor Bains made it to Bevo?s list. I hope this means nothing but really hope that Bevo, Grant and Bains can sort out whatever sh1t that might be going down as it has the risk of railroading our 2024 campaign. That Bevo is singing out the praise of Darcy, whilst ignoring / bypassing Grant and Bains is downright messy for the Club.

2. Thanks azabob, GVGjr, bulldogtragic, Sedat, lemmon, josie, jeemak, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes kruder, hujsh, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doc26. Interesting what you subtly picked up. Bevo is a political animal and highly likely knew exactly what he was, or was not saying.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doc26. Interesting what you subtly picked up. Bevo is a political animal and highly likely knew exactly what he was, or was not saying.
    How do the powers that be handle it?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo also hoped that Des O?Sullivan (strength and conditioning coach) would put his hand up for the vacancy left by Innes.

6. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    How do the powers that be handle it?
    Three enter and one leaves…

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Three enter and one leaves…
    Amazing that one hasn't left already.

I must say Bevo looks like a person that has lost their spark, I hope he can turn it around let's have some fun again Bevo! Start by moving the bloody ball forward again, the players will relish the change in the restrictive game plan.

10. Likes josie, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Bevo also hoped that Des O?Sullivan (strength and conditioning coach) would put his hand up for the vacancy left by Innes.
    I haven't heard Bevo's speech, but I find it odd and potentially a bit antagonistic that he's publicly putting people forward for roles when all the chat has been that we want Grant and Bains to take the lead and remove some of the responsibility from Bev.

12. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I haven't heard Bevo's speech, but I find it odd and potentially a bit antagonistic that he's publicly putting people forward for roles when all the chat has been that we want Grant and Bains to take the lead and remove some of the responsibility from Bev.
    They were ad lib one liners but definitely were there.

14. Thanks lemmon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They were ad lib one liners but definitely were there.
    If I stood up and undermined my bosses in front of 1,000 influential supporters I’d be worried for my job, or not giving a **** about the consequences of doing it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah jobs for mates it seems for Bevo. He's loyal to a fault. Might not be the best coach or player for a position but he'll back them if he likes them. That just doesn't fly in this league.

17. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah jobs for mates it seems for Bevo. He's loyal to a fault. Might not be the best coach or player for a position but he'll back them if he likes them. That just doesn't fly in this league.
    Yeah probably not a good look. On the flip side he wasn’t saying that he had it but that he hoped he would apply for the job. If he is not on the selection panel then probably a non-issue but see your point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Very little mention of the coaching position at the BnF other than Bevo?s reference to Stef Martin leaving, and some reference by Bevo that he (as in Bevo) isn?t finished yet. Not sure what he meant by that. But Bevo would try to retain Stef.

Only unconfirmed word I?ve heard is that Kornberg to become our VFL coach and Edge to be elevated, but please take this with a grain of salt at this time.

On a separate matter, what Bevo didn?t say was probably as telling as what he did say. He thanked the Board and Kylie, and gave a special thanks to “Lukey Darcy”. Bevo then went on to thank all those around or below him for their support / work with extra thanks for Rohan. Neither Chris Grant nor Bains made it to Bevo?s list. I hope this means nothing but really hope that Bevo, Grant and Bains can sort out whatever sh1t that might be going down as it has the risk of railroading our 2024 campaign. That Bevo is singing out the praise of Darcy, whilst ignoring / bypassing Grant and Bains is downright messy for the Club.
    haha so it wasn't just me who noticed that at the time. I was wondering if Baines counted as 'the board' but he wouldn't

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Agreed, that was odd, especially in the context of a football program wanting to embrace change. Hope that we bring in some fresh eyes for this role.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah probably not a good look. On the flip side he wasn’t saying that he had it but that he hoped he would apply for the job. If he is not on the selection panel then probably a non-issue but see your point.
    Just weird to do it in a speech and not in private. Embarrassing for the people he was talking about also.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he looked a bit dishevelled up on stage for such a formal event. Agree with all the other comments as well. I was also hoping we would of announced an assistant coach yesterday but nothing on that front. Interesting days ahead.

23. Likes josie liked this post