Given our strong performances through the season and a deep playing list invariably there will be plenty of competition for playing spots in the senior line-up.
Invariably there will be or could be two players locked into a battle for one position.

After reading the guessing games played thread I thought it might be interesting to see which players might be competing for one position even though in reality they can both be played in the senior side.

Laitham Vandermeer vs Lachlan McNeil

Vandermeer played 10 senior games during the season after a bit of wretched luck with an injury that curtailed a lot of the season. I'd regard him as an almost best 22 standard player but he still has a bit to prove. He's got a tonne of pace and really goes hard at the ball. He is also capable of hitting the scoreboard and applying defensive pressure on the opposition defenders.

McNeil had a solid debut season and like VDM he has plenty of pace and some goal kicking abilities.
I don't think he is in the best 22 but with a fast start to the season and he could force his way in

While clearly they can both be played in the senior team they could very well be pitted against each other for a spot.

I'd be interested in your thoughts if these two players might be pitted against each other for a spot in the forward line?