Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  69
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dual premiership Crow refuses COVID-19 vaccination (AFLW)

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I have zero empathy for anyone tinfoiling about a safe, effective, clinically tested vaccine that is currently the key to getting our lives back.
    Is it, though? How long until a lying pollie mandates into law multiple booster jabs in the future (and re-classifying everybody double-vaxxed as unvaccinated, which has already happened in Israel) despite this never being part of the plan until 5 mins ago, or announces a 'mystery variant' next winter that the current vaccines aren't as effective against and we are all locked down again? We're only up to Delta - there are still plenty of letters left in the Greek alphabet.

From my perspective, this isn't even about the vaccines, the vax mandates or even about COVID. It is about govt overreach in our everyday lives. And if anybody thinks this overreach will end with COVID, I'm sorry to say I don't think it will. I hate this overreach with every fibre of my being.
    Last edited by Sedat; 19-10-2021 at 09:43 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sedat,

How many times can I like your last two posts?

BTW, I have read of ambos and nurses who have seen the results of unreported vaccine injury and therefore do not want it.

I wish I had time to get really get into this thread, but my all time is taken up with helping my mother in Perth.

Lots of funny posts here. But no surprise, just reflects general community beliefs and ignorance.

And I mean really, ask a GP about vaccines? You would be better off asking a bricklayer. General population is no better, came across an idiot last week trying to tell that Astra Zeneca is just the like all the previous vaccines...

Trust doctors? I have had so much fun in cancer world over about 8 years helping an old guy. He could have sued so many for negligence at the start and I have to watch the good ones now for stuff ups. He'd be dead by now without my attitude and actions.

Trust the govt and people like Greg Hunt? Anyone got a memory? Remember the govt don't wear a mask lies told 18 months ago?

Trust Big Pharma? **** me, how many of you have actually worked for Big Pharma? I have, regularly instructed to lie and mislead.

The media? Absolute shockers running their agendas.

You see, I have done a very long pre-season before Covid.

Worked for Big Pharma for many years, worked on pandemics in 2005, developed a passion and massive interest in influenza after 2005, was one one of first in Australia to identify the start of Swine Flu (got it half and half wrong, good story), saw the lies and crap about that pandemic and the cover up with stats etc and the corrupt WHO, watched the media with their agenda shockers and lies with flu NB season 2017 and aways on the lookout for unexplained viral pneumonia around the world.

So I was primed for pandemic season 2020, and early that year I began to read about unexplained viral pneumonia in Wuhan....
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two last things before I return to researching nursing homes.

Understand one thing, there is a big difference between old style "Anti-vaxxers" who wouldn't give their kid a polio vax, and people in the last couple of years who don't want a Covid vax/hesitant/question the govt/mainstream line. Yes, I know there is some overlap.

I belong to the latter group.

Secondly, any of you paying attention in the last 18 months? Remember the line that Covid vaccines are safe, effective and fully approved by the TGA?

Last bit was a really big lie. The vaccines you were being given were not approved, that's why you had to sign a consent form. Had to that for a flu shot? No. Pfizer was only properly approved in the USA in August from memory.

To quote Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt on Insiders on 21 February 2021 about Covid vaccines:

The world is engaged in the largest clinical trial, the largest global vaccination trial ever, and we will have enormous amounts of data.

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/...accine-rollout

I am happy for now to sit out this world wide experiment. These style of vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, and AZ and J&J have never been used before. They are radially different to previous vaccines. The medium and long term effects are unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

The vaccine is an unknown. But what are we all meant to do? Sit in our houses forever waiting for the virus to die out? Or just open up and watch millions perish and our hospital system collapse? Or is it all overblown? Or a giant hoax?

Genuinely asking because those who don’t want to have the vaccine (which I can understand why) what is your solution?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Why would anybody? All govts on all side of politics and all around the world have not stopped lying in relation to this issue from day 1 (actually they don't stop lying as part of their everyday function). And their lies have been ably abetted and enabled by big business, mainstream media and social media (none of these 3 groups have suffered any financial loss during the pandemic, quite the opposite in fact) in relation to controlling the narrative and messaging. Politicians are politicians precisely because they are talentles, lying grifters who literally only have one skill, that is to spend (almost always wastefully) other people's hard-earned money.

Another person's health and vax status was none of my business for the first 48 years of my life, it has remained none of my business in the last 18 months, and will continue to remain none of my business in the future. Politicians, being the shameless grifters that they are, have been successful in pitting society into warring tribes to cover for their own collective incompetence in managing all elements of this issue. It has been politicians, and nobody else, who have made the decisions to lockdown and rob people of their dignity and ability to earn a living and spend time with loved ones. Despite their best efforts to deflect, I will not play their game - they own it 100%

Specifically in relation to the AFLW player, aside from the fact that it is none of my business, I'm not about to offer advice to a registered nurse who has worked in ICU on which medicine she should or shouldn't ingest, when I work in marketing and sales. She is free to make her own mind up. Also I can't really see anything particularly controversial with Tom McDonald's comments. At such high vax take-up rates, the mandatory edicts are simply not necessary other than in the very short term, but it certainly allows politicians to ensure we are fighting amongst ourselves instead of pointing the finger of blame at their direction for their (almost always) errant and disastrous policy decisions.

As an aside, the whole left v right political discussion is weird to me. They are clearly all fundamentally awful people who do not care about anything other than holding onto power and enjoying enormous salaries without having any accountability measurements and targets that those of us in the private sector have on a daily basis (other than once every 3-4 year at the ballot box). Each to their own I guess - if blindly flowing one group of liars over another is your thing, go for it.
    To be fair this applies to almost everyone. I don’t like politicians but I also don’t like heads of corporations. Greed has existed in our society for a long long time.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Genuinely asking because those who don’t want to have the vaccine (which I can understand why) what is your solution?
    I know a couple of vaccine hesitant people, the answer seems to be let everyone else be the guinea pigs. It's inherently selfish
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The vaccine is an unknown. But what are we all meant to do? Sit in our houses forever waiting for the virus to die out? Or just open up and watch millions perish and our hospital system collapse? Or is it all overblown? Or a giant hoax?
    Maybe a slight mix of these.

I have not kept up with recent figures in the West. There was a time when the death rate was similar to flu and the great majority of infected people had no symptoms.

Some have the view that we should have protected and vaxxed the really vulnerable (which we still haven't done even now) but otherwise let it rip. Need to check current fatality figures. You do have better immunity from infection (assuming you survive) than from these vaxes.

As for solutions or perhaps just a really good thing to do, check out studies about Vitamin D and respiratory illnesses. There are even some around about Covid, including one I saw from Indonesia. In that they saw that if you have low Vit D you are > 90% to get Covid and also die from that.

Vitamin D is interesting to explore. I have pimped up my cancer guy with a few supplements but especially Vitamin D. He has bizarrely high Vit D for his age and health conditions. He should have died years ago but he hasn't. Some of his doctors now greet him with "I didn't think I would see you again".

Are they interested in this? No, it is not Big Pharma.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I know a couple of vaccine hesitant people, the answer seems to be let everyone else be the guinea pigs. It's inherently selfish
    Not my position. Nor people I know with similar views to mine.

BTW, do you know how Pfizer and AZ work?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...tered/13090502

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same.

I’m an accountant by trade (& not a very good one at that). I know nothing about diseases and epidemiology. I can’t overthrow WHO, or the government (I can have my one vote sure), I have neither the time nor expertise to sift through the literally endless information flying in all directions about what we should and shouldn’t be doing.

What does a lay person do at a micro level in all this?? This sort of stuff has honestly kept me awake since it all began, and I’m exhausted from running on anxiety and adrenaline (like every else no doubt).
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Not my position. Nor people I know with similar views to mine.

BTW, do you know how Pfizer and AZ work?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...tered/13090502
    They are totally different to any vax we have seen before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Legitimate question ... when you google long term effects of Covid vaccine, there is zero articles. There is plenty of information on the short term effects (flu-like symptoms etc) but nothing long term. Now, I know there hasn't been enough time for there to be long term data, but aren't all the vaccine choices based on other vaccination bases just with different protein spikes?

I'm double dosed, this is not about me ... but I don't know who to ask about my kids getting the shots. When I spoke with my doc, he said its completely safe, don't stress. I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I have no idea where to find info. I would love some WOOF suggestions on who to speak with or articles to read debunking any long-term effects
    Long term effects from vaccines aren't really a thing. A vaccine is a dead virus that can't make you sick that teaches your body what to look for if you actually get infected. Vaccine side effects are your body overreacting, like an allergy, think hay fever

AstraZeneca was recommended for 60+ only as younger people have stronger immune systems and are more likely to overreact. The Queensland Uni vaccine bit the dust only because vaccinated people falsely tested positive for aids, but it didn't make anyone sick

Immune responses are short term, the articles below explain that no vaccine in human history has produced side effects beyond the first two months. It is of course a good throwaway line for anyone not wanting to be vaccinated as no-one can fast forward time to prove them wrong

https://www.muhealth.org/our-stories...m-side-effects
    https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/c...m-side-effects
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

17. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I was thinking the same.

I’m an accountant by trade (& not a very good one at that). I know nothing about diseases and epidemiology. I can’t overthrow WHO, or the government (I can have my one vote sure), I have neither the time nor expertise to sift through the literally endless information flying in all directions about what we should and shouldn’t be doing.

What does a lay person do at a micro level in all this?? This sort of stuff has honestly kept me awake since it all began, and I’m exhausted from running on anxiety and adrenaline (like every else no doubt).
    Not trusting doctors, Big Pharma and govts is a good start.

This guy is usually a good source of info. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9...xg3QIBupFtBDxg

Has good vids about Vitamin D. Get your level checked. You want to be >100.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Long term effects from vaccines aren't really a thing. A vaccine is a dead virus that can't make you sick that teaches your body what to look for if you actually get infected. Vaccine side effects are your body overreacting, like an allergy, think hay fever
    Are you taking the piss or do you know nothing about all of this?

What have traditional dead virus vaccines eg the flu vax got to do with mRNA and DNA Covid vaccines like Pfizer and AZ?

Have you had one of these? Did you think they gave you a good old dead virus vaccine?

If so, that's really funny, but sadly very common.

Post Thanks / Like

The CDC (US) have some great short explainers :

Viral vector vaccines (AZ, J&J) : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ralvector.html

mRNA (Pfizer, Moderna): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ines/mrna.html

There's also some good short videos in the more information sections.

The AZ is actually using the AdenoVirus (cold) from Chimpanzee poo genetically altered to deliver the necessary protection. It's all quite fascinating really.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a brief history of MRNA vaccines - from JHU:

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/th...-mrna-vaccines
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.