Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Contracts up:

    Jason Johannisen: 2022
    Jack Macrae: 2022
    Toby McLean: 2022
    Josh Dunkley: 2022
    Caleb Daniel: 2022
    Tim English: 2022
    Rhylee West: 2022
    Bailey Dale: 2022
    Alex Keath: 2022
    Josh Schache: 2022
    Bailey Smith: 2022
    Easton Wood: 2022
    Mitch Hannan: 2022
    Dominic Bedendo: 2022
    Louis Butler: 2022
    Riley Garcia: 2022
    Zaine Cordy: 2022
    Taylor Duryea: 2022
    Buku Khamis: 2022 (Rookie)
    Mitch Wallis: 2022

    Who are your priorities and who do we wait and see? Sam has some work to do in 2022
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Contracts up:

    Jason Johannisen: 2022
    Jack Macrae: 2022
    Toby McLean: 2022
    Josh Dunkley: 2022
    Caleb Daniel: 2022
    Tim English: 2022
    Rhylee West: 2022
    Bailey Dale: 2022
    Alex Keath: 2022
    Josh Schache: 2022
    Bailey Smith: 2022
    Easton Wood: 2022
    Mitch Hannan: 2022
    Dominic Bedendo: 2022
    Louis Butler: 2022
    Riley Garcia: 2022
    Zaine Cordy: 2022
    Taylor Duryea: 2022
    Buku Khamis: 2022 (Rookie)
    Mitch Wallis: 2022

    Who are your priorities and who do we wait and see? Sam has some work to do in 2022
    Sam is going to have a VERY busy year.

    Priority signings

    1. Caleb Daniel
    2. Jack Macrae
    3. Bailey Smith
    4. Alex Keath
    5. Josh Dunkley
    6. Bailey Dale
    7. Tim English
    8. Taylor Duryea


    Wait and see
    1. Riley Garcia
    2. Toby McLean
    3. Josh Schache
    4. JJ
    5. Rhylee West
    6. Mitch Hannan
    7. Zaine Cordy
    8. Dom Bedendo
    9. Louis Butler
    10. Buku Khamis
    11. Easton Wood
    12. Mitch Wallis

  3. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog, Bulldog4life liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    That’s 50% of the list?!

    Hectic! I guess you’d expect 1/3 or so each year given most people aren’t getting more than 3 year deals, but that’s a lot of juggling!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Sam is going to have a VERY busy year.

    Priority signings

    1. Caleb Daniel
    2. Jack Macrae
    3. Bailey Smith
    4. Alex Keath
    5. Josh Dunkley
    6. Bailey Dale
    7. Tim English
    8. Taylor Duryea


    Wait and see
    1. Riley Garcia
    2. Toby McLean
    3. Josh Schache
    4. JJ
    5. Rhylee West
    6. Mitch Hannan
    7. Zaine Cordy
    8. Dom Bedendo
    9. Louis Butler
    10. Buku Khamis
    11. Easton Wood
    12. Mitch Wallis
    I'd drop Doc down to the wait and see list, purely based on his age. He'll be 31 at the start of the year - I would expect him to go around again, but I don't think we need to sign a contract too early just in case his body starts to fail him.

    I expect Caleb, Jack, Keath and Bailey Dale to be done during this pre-season. I can see Baz's contract renewal becoming a circus.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Where'd this information come from?

    I reckon we lose one of the bolded names from YHF's list:

    1. Caleb Daniel
    2. Jack Macrae
    3. Bailey Smith
    4. Alex Keath
    5. Josh Dunkley
    6. Bailey Dale
    7. Tim English
    8. Taylor Duryea

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Jee, what makes you think Smith is a flight risk?
    #BeMoreBulldog

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Where'd this information come from?

    I reckon we lose one of the bolded names from YHF's list:

    1. Caleb Daniel
    2. Jack Macrae
    3. Bailey Smith
    4. Alex Keath
    5. Josh Dunkley
    6. Bailey Dale
    7. Tim English
    8. Taylor Duryea
    They say West Coke will make a big play on English.

    I would have thought they would focus on bringing Jackson back from the Dees instead. More akin to Nic Nat in his style of play.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    5,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Jee, what makes you think Smith is a flight risk?
    He's not going anywhere

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    5,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    They say West Coke will make a big play on English.

    I would have thought they would focus on bringing Jackson back from the Dees instead. More akin to Nic Nat in his style of play.
    Jackson v English is a no contest. He's already won a flag * I'd say he's a massive chance to head back to Perth.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Jee, what makes you think Smith is a flight risk?
    I love the kid, I really do, but there's to me a scenario in which the second best or thereabouts player of his draft is going to have massive dollars and a captaincy guarantee thrown at him next year that is too good to resist and we won't match it. In lieu of needing or wanting to try and hang on to Dunks and English who will be demanding a LOT of coin, particularly if each have massive years on top of middling seasons.

    It's almost as if one has to give, and what nags at me is that Hawthorn is sitting over in Smith's heartland and has McEvoy as a captain now, a new coach and a couple of midfielders who could be interim captain but can't take their club forward into the future like Smith can. He's also been linked to them since the day he was part of the latter age elite pathway.

    And if it isn't Smith who goes there, it will be Dunkley who does.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    11,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I love the kid, I really do, but there's to me a scenario in which the second best or thereabouts player of his draft is going to have massive dollars and a captaincy guarantee thrown at him next year that is too good to resist and we won't match it. In lieu of needing or wanting to try and hang on to Dunks and English who will be demanding a LOT of coin, particularly if each have massive years on top of middling seasons.

    It's almost as if one has to give, and what nags at me is that Hawthorn is sitting over in Smith's heartland and has McEvoy as a captain now, a new coach and a couple of midfielders who could be interim captain but can't take their club forward into the future like Smith can. He's also been linked to them since the day he was part of the latter age elite pathway.

    And if it isn't Smith who goes there, it will be Dunkley who does.
    We should help Dunkley on his way if that's the case.

  13. Likes jeemak, Jam Donuts liked this post
  14. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We should help Dunkley on his way if that's the case.
    Dare I/ you say it, Trade Dunkley?

    Just bear in mind if you/ we do, Nth Victoria's macaroon baking Jason Statham will come to Melbourne and bash you, or at least threaten to.

  15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, Daughter of the West liked this post
  16. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    11,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Dare I/ you say it, Trade Dunkley?

    Just bear in mind if you/ we do, Nth Victoria's macaroon baking Jason Statham will come to Melbourne and bash you, or at least threaten to.
    If anyone can still get two first rounders it's you.

    And I'll do anything for Baz.

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We should help Dunkley on his way if that's the case.
    Geez, not again.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Dare I/ you say it, Trade Dunkley?

    Just bear in mind if you/ we do, Nth Victoria's macaroon baking Jason Statham will come to Melbourne and bash you, or at least threaten to.
    Make sure he brings macaroons.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  18. Likes jeemak, chef liked this post
  19. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Some Big names coming up for Contract renewal at end of 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Geez, not again.



    Make sure he brings macaroons.
    It's anyone's guess what he'll bring other than some white line fever. And he can even rob his pantry and bring his own flour to mark out the line. It's that serious.

  20. Thanks chef thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •