Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Wolfhounds.

I think we should rebrand as Western Wolfhounds as bulldogs are overbred, unhealthy, unathletic and too representative of the british and Churchill.
    Whereas the Irish and Russian wolfhounds are supreme athletes ancient breeds, very healthy.
    Release a team of wolfhounds every game to run from goal to goal.
    The game may fail to reach such magnificence.
    We would still be the Dogs and majestic ones.
    Worth two goals in a premiership.

2. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Wolfhounds.

Enjoying being back at the pub?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I think we should rebrand as Western Wolfhounds as bulldogs are overbred, unhealthy, unathletic and too representative of the british and Churchill.
    Whereas the Irish and Russian wolfhounds are supreme athletes ancient breeds, very healthy.
    Release a team of wolfhounds every game to run from goal to goal.
    I have a multitude of insane whippets living at my house - most days I swear I don't even know how many of the little suckers there are or even how many there are supposed to be. My wife is obsessed with the things. Sticking with the theme of alliteration, if we instead went with WHIPPETS instead of Wolfhounds (my uncle has a wolf hound - nice dog but they have straggly long haired, mangey looking things - whippets are (to be fair) SLEEK!) then we would 100% get another 'full-time' supporter. Not another member mind you as I have been paying a membership for her for years...but another '100%' supporter (she is currently Freo/Dogs 60/40 but definitely cheers for the Dockers when we play them).

Anyway - just a thought following a thought.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I have a multitude of insane whippets living at my house - most days I swear I don't even know how many of the little suckers there are or even how many there are supposed to be. My wife is obsessed with the things. Sticking with the theme of alliteration, if we instead went with WHIPPETS instead of Wolfhounds (my uncle has a wolf hound - nice dog but they have straggly long haired, mangey looking things - whippets are (to be fair) SLEEK!) then we would 100% get another 'full-time' supporter. Not another member mind you as I have been paying a membership for her for years...but another '100%' supporter (she is currently Freo/Dogs 60/40 but definitely cheers for the Dockers when we play them).

Anyway - just a thought following a thought.
    Brilliant MJP you get it.
    Bulldogs too british and unatletic.
    Whippets, wolfhounds are supreme athletes.
    Brilliant to see in full flight.
    Stuff winston churchill.

7. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too sure where to post this but sad to see 127 Hyde Street Footscray home demolished recently. Always decked in bulldogs regalia, including dolls, flags, streamers, RWB columns etc. if you look at photo on Google Maps you can see glimpse of it.

Presume it will be replaced by a boring apartment block.

Whenever we made finals I always enjoyed driving past it. This year as it was being demolished a month and a bit ago someone tied RWB balloons on mesh keep out/construction fence. Wonder if the resident(s) moved or passed away. Anyway I’m sorry to see a little bit of doggies heartland gone forever.

9. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, mjp, Smads57, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Not too sure where to post this but sad to see 127 Hyde Street Footscray home demolished recently. Always decked in bulldogs regalia, including dolls, flags, streamers, RWB columns etc. if you look at photo on Google Maps you can see glimpse of it.

Presume it will be replaced by a boring apartment block.

Whenever we made finals I always enjoyed driving past it. This year as it was being demolished a month and a bit ago someone tied RWB balloons on mesh keep out/construction fence. Wonder if the resident(s) moved or passed away. Anyway I’m sorry to see a little bit of doggies heartland gone forever.
    I might buy an apartment. Nearer my god to thee.
    Leaving Frankston.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

In follow up to my earlier post..might be 131 Hyde St. Two photos of a true RWB home in my 2 immediate posts above.

14. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post