Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Financial Result

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Well Im willing to donate my time to be part of the commentary team, would be ace!
    I'm all for it, I'm just not sure Kerry Stokes' (would eat into the BRS defense fund) or Rupert Murdoch's (just evil) cold, dead hearts would agree.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Business, politics, entertainment are all about new and at risk customers. Loyal ones are safe seats, not a churn risk, taken for granted and gouged.

I was openly told by my home loan provider the interest rate on their homepage is for new customers only, and loyal customers are not eligible. Loyalty is seen as laziness and requiring no competitive effort to retain

Ask yourself, if the club produced some content for members only, would they not benefit more from sharing it more broadly?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Business, politics, entertainment are all about new and at risk customers. Loyal ones are safe seats, not a churn risk, taken for granted and gouged.

I was openly told by my home loan provider the interest rate on their homepage is for new customers only, and loyal customers are not eligible. Loyalty is seen as laziness and requiring no competitive effort to retain

Ask yourself, if the club produced some content for members only, would they not benefit more from sharing it more broadly?
    But in the example of the home loan it's not given out for free, it's used as an incentive to entice new customers. So if it were the club it would be adding membership benefits to entice new members (and to complete the example would be unavailable to existing members)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    But in the example of the home loan it's not given out for free, it's used as an incentive to entice new customers. So if it were the club it would be adding membership benefits to entice new members (and to complete the example would be unavailable to existing members)
    Yep, that's what I'm saying, other industries are offering non-customers/members more than loyal ones

Maybe in some industries if you spoil your existing customer base you will get more business from them and word of mouth referrals, say in a country cafe, but for a footy club you're not going to become a Western Bulldogs member because they give cool hats to members only, it's because of exposure to footy content, hence the public videos, articles, Facebook posts, interviews etc.

Money comes from the volume of supporters giving sponsors an audience, not squeezing Coterie members for an extra $200. Think 3 game memberships on sale for $50 in round 17 to bolster the count for the sponsor pitch, after everyone else paid full whack before round 1
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff