Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2021 Financial Result

We won't see the report to view the details for a few more weeks yet, but this is confirmation that the club recorded a profit this year:

Sue continues to play a pivotal role in guiding the Western Bulldogs through the ongoing challenges as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring the Club remained profitable this year.
    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...el-scholarship

I'm assuming this is not simply due to the sale of the gaming venues or state government grants for the redevelopment.

Congratulations to Sue on the award too.

2. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Financial Result

Great work! The club is being run very well particularly with the finances.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    We won't see the report to view the details for a few more weeks yet, but this is confirmation that the club recorded a profit this year:

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...el-scholarship

I'm assuming this is not simply due to the sale of the gaming venues or state government grants for the redevelopment.

Congratulations to Sue on the award too.
    Be a fair bit of member loyalty money again.

Not sure what I think about it - we take the hit but the club profits.

I guess that's good for all in the long run.

Well done to all the members no matter your contribution.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Be a fair bit of member loyalty money again.

Not sure what I think about it - we take the hit but the club profits.

I guess that's good for all in the long run.

Well done to all the members no matter your contribution.
    I would have thought all clubs are reliant on member loyalty etc?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I would have thought all clubs are reliant on member loyalty etc?
    No doubt. I'm ok with it, it's just a lot of things didn't happen that usually cost the club money eg best and fairest, sponsors dinners, gifts from players that are part of my package and that's in no way really even acknowledged much.

Maybe a generic to all email.

I really don't know what my point is, I guess I think we have some work to do around communications.

Profit is great of course.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt. I'm ok with it, it's just a lot of things didn't happen that usually cost the club money eg best and fairest, sponsors dinners, gifts from players that are part of my package and that's in no way really even acknowledged much.

I really don't know what my point is, I guess I think we have some work to do around communications.

Did they cut down the coterie membership cost for the 2021 season? I'll check when I get home but I thought there was a decent reduction from the previous season.

I get your point though and it's one of the reasons why I'm still to decide what membership I'll take for next season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did they cut down the coterie membership cost for the 2021 season? I'll check when I get home but I thought there was a decent reduction from the previous season.

I get your point though and it's one of the reasons why I'm still to decide what membership I'll take for next season.
    I think there may have been a slight reduction. But they removed the season launch which we had to pay to go to.

But I get it with covid it was impossible to plan anything and I was grateful just to able to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Valid points. Communication has always been poor whether it is on the injury front, VFL form, training form and keeping members on the hook with extras during COVID.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Valid points. Communication has always been poor whether it is on the injury front, VFL form, training form and keeping members on the hook with extras during COVID.
    What do I want? Tangible member 'extras' that enhance our experience.

I don't mean to be a jerk but the Melbourne based supporters have experienced (over the past two seasons) what us inter-staters experience EVERY year. We don't get to see the team so we 'miss out' on crucial 'stuff' relating to footy.

How about giving us a portal to watch the behind the goals vision (preferably a switchable split screen view of the game) with our OWN commentary team. I literally have NO IDEA how much this would cost but the difference it would make to my connection to the team...having to depend solely on the broadcast every week really does suck and if the club could find a way to make the connection greater between the fans NOT at the ground (for whatever reason) and the team that would be an amazing initiative.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    How about giving us a portal to watch the behind the goals vision (preferably a switchable split screen view of the game) with our OWN commentary team. I literally have NO IDEA how much this would cost but the difference it would make to my connection to the team...having to depend solely on the broadcast every week really does suck and if the club could find a way to make the connection greater between the fans NOT at the ground (for whatever reason) and the team that would be an amazing initiative.
    I imagine the AFL and their broadcast partners that pay millions for the rights would really get behind this idea.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I imagine the AFL and their broadcast partners that pay millions for the rights would really get behind this idea.

In theory all they'd really care about is the number of viewers that see adds/subscribe. If more people watched and they didn't have to pay for a commentary team they could make more money.

That said there's no way in reality that a conservative organisation like channel 7 (live and in 720p!) will buy into the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    In theory all they'd really care about is the number of viewers that see adds/subscribe. If more people watched and they didn't have to pay for a commentary team they could make more money.

That said there's no way in reality that a conservative organisation like channel 7 (live and in 720p!) will buy into the idea.
    So - don't offer it as a live feed. Offer it as a replay option during the week.

Like, honestly, it's about to be 2022...why do I have to listen to BT every week...maybe just produce a commentary podcast feed that you can play alongside the game? It would be clunky...but clunky is EASY!

All I am suggesting is that the club is profitable which is awesome. So let's invest in some things that will make being a part of that 'better'...my membership experience hasn't changed in > 20 years to be truthful. I guess I lived in Melbourne for a few years so could go to games and have had some kids so there's some more $ there...but what innovation has there been? Back when the club was battling I didn't want or expect anything. Now I look at the success we have had on and off field and I wonder when we will see something innovative.

A video from Bevo after the game telling me we won/lost? Yeah...well, I already know those things. Do I have answers as to what they could do? Not really...but sending 5x hats, 5x cards and 5x fridge magnets to my house every year then emailing me the team (available on the website) + Bevo's brief every week and calling once a year for some money relating to the major raffle...is that it? Sorry - and every year a survey which I dutifully fill out - never a response and never a change.

As I've said before, the club is one of very few things in this world I love unconditionally so I'm sure they figure that they don't have to do anything to keep me (or thousands like me)...so anything 'new' would just be a sunk cost...but gee it would be great to see them try SOMETHING new.

There are a lot of similar themes to this on the membership thread...I'm by no means a disgruntled supporter - hell, I'm actually really happy with things right now - but I'm still curious as to how the club plans to make the supporter experience 'better'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

17. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, GVGjr, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Loyalty rewards need to be better too. I'm a Victory member just went gold (10 years) I get a scarf, hat, pin that reflects that. I mean it's tokenistic but I really am a sucker for that kind of thing.

If we are making profits from members, let's invest it back in to making their experience unique. Especially the loyal ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Well Im willing to donate my time to be part of the commentary team, would be ace!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Well Im willing to donate my time to be part of the commentary team, would be ace!
    +1 to that. I'm sure you'll be completely unbiased.