Thanks Thanks:  138
Likes Likes:  223
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training 2022

With the money that would free up if Tim wants to leave plus a decent pick for him I’d think we could land a good younger than Stef ruckman. Now we’ve got some tall firepower up forward, especially when Bruce is back towards second half of next year, I’m not so concerned. Hope he puts in a pearler of a season, we win the big one and then if he still wants to go so be it. The better he plays this year the more his worth on trade table. I’d prefer him to blossom and stay but out of the talls we have i would rather him go then say naughty or Marra.

If Sweet becomes a good ruckman that would be sensational too and make us not as needy for a top notch ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Unusual circumstance with the WA government rules, but I don't see how it creates additional opportunity for the WA clubs.

If he wants to move West he is gone anyway.
    You don't think the fact that he is home for an extend period and the fact his girlfriend is there as well increases his chances of make of making the decision to head back home a bit more of a chance?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    With the money that would free up if Tim wants to leave plus a decent pick for him I’d think we could land a good younger than Stef ruckman. Now we’ve got some tall firepower up forward, especially when Bruce is back towards second half of next year, I’m not so concerned. Hope he puts in a pearler of a season, we win the big one and then if he still wants to go so be it. The better he plays this year the more his worth on trade table. I’d prefer him to blossom and stay but out of the talls we have i would rather him go then say naughty or Marra.

If Sweet becomes a good ruckman that would be sensational too and make us not as needy for a top notch ruck.
    I'm not sure we get such a great pick for him if he were to leave but I hope you're right.

I still think he can make it as a very good footballer and the sooner we get him signed the better from my perspective.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is anyone else just a little concerned that we have Tim English with one year to go on his contracts staying over in the West for an extended period? I get we have Naughton, Jones and also our new assistant coach in Webb there as well but are we handing the Eagles in particular an even better chance to chat to him about coming home in 2023?
    I think you're over thinking it. BUT.

Should it happen I'm not too fussed. I like Tim, he's a good player and a solid citizen but I don't think he will be the difference for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Unusual circumstance with the WA government rules, but I don't see how it creates additional opportunity for the WA clubs.

If he wants to move West he is gone anyway.
    Exactly this, I don't think we should stress too much about it right now.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You don't think the fact that he is home for an extend period and the fact his girlfriend is there as well increases his chances of make of making the decision to head back home a bit more of a chance?
    I think we need to concede that the situation with his partner makes him susceptible, but I don't see letting him stay in the west till after Christmas increases the risk.

On the contrary, I feel that allowing some flexibility at least shows some personal care for his circumstance.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Year 5 plus players back today

view Gallery here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks Grantysghost, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordy looks like he has put on size

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Year 5 plus players back today

view Gallery here
    Schache looks super fit.

11. Likes kruder, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen Baz? Can’t find him in any photo’s ..am I overthinking it?

Post Thanks / Like

The hard work starts.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    Anyone seen Baz? Can’t find him in any photo’s ..am I overthinking it?
    Over thinking whether he is able to be visual through normal media or whether he has transcended to only being visual through Insta posts?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Open Training Sessions

Upcoming open training sessions at Victoria University Whitten Oval are:

AFL - Wednesday 8th December 9.30am

Christmas At The Kennel / AFLW Intra Club Match - Saturday 11th December 11.30am
    NB: All times published are approximate and subject to change at late notice. All training sessions are at VU Whitten Oval unless otherwise stated.

Attending Open Training at VU Whitten Oval

Due to AFL COVID guidelines, players will unfortunately not be able to sign autographs or have any direct contact with fans.

For members and fans wishing to attend the open training session, they are asked to enter VU Whitten Oval via Barkers Café (opposite EJ Whitten Statue on Whitten Avenue) and sign-in to the venue using the QR code located immediately inside the door. Fans must wear a mask in Barkers Café to enter.

Fans can then proceed through Barkers Café and access the internal concourse via the glass doors.

Members and fans can watch the training session from the EJ Whitten Stand, or the terraces in front of the EJ Whitten Stand as directed by signage.

To enable social distancing from the perimeter fencing of the ground, members and fans will not be able to access the perimeter walkway around the exterior of the oval during the training session.

Attendees are reminded to follow the below COVID Safe Guidelines:

Each attendee is asked to do a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home and not attend if they are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.

Attendees must maintain at least 1.5m physical distance between those from other groups at all times; stay within the allocated spaces or seats for viewing the session; and observe cough etiquette and personal hygiene measures.

*Open Training at VU Whitten Oval are run in accordance with a COVID-Safe plan.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Open Training Sessions

Due to AFL COVID guidelines, players will unfortunately not be able to sign autographs or have any direct contact with fans.
    So a not-so-open training session then? Suppose beggars can't be choosers
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Players out on ground - no sign of Baz however
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

19. Thanks GVGjr, kruder thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba having a private kick to kick away from the main group. McLean training with main group.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.