Thanks Thanks:  138
Likes Likes:  223
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I would have though 6-6-6 cuts out some of the need for secret squirrel type stuff.

In fairness, we did jump the competition with 'handball club' in 2016 and Bevo has coached 50% of Bulldogs finals wins since 1925 so if anyone deserves a bit of trust, it's Bevo
    FWIW, I think the handball club was named in 2016 but we were doing it in 2015.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    What could Josh have done differently?

I mean, as harsh at it is,
    Bont
    Libba
    Jacko
    Stef

They’re the mids who (IIRC) were in the guts when we got our pants pulled down in the 3rd. It’s a team game and you win as a team and lose as one, but is there a lot for Schache to learn from our mids getting smashed over 7-8 mins and our season being taken away?

I’m sure the sports psychologist is all over it and unless there’s a really practical reason why the players need to relive it, it should be left up to them to decide. I’m scarred. It wasn’t my life’s work or dream that fell by the wayside that night. I sure as hell won’t ever watch it.
    My comment is directed to the coaching staff.

A practical reason to review it would be to figure out the F**K happened and what we should've done as team differently.

We are still promoting to play with freedom and our strengths. There surely has to be a balance between freedom and defence?

We are clearly at different ends of the spectrum if the grand final should be reviewed or not.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted wrong thread
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 21-02-2022 at 06:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The practise match will tell us a bit about how we're planning for the season.

I do wonder where Zaine Cordy fits in with all this. Reports that he's training with the forwards suggests a potential emphasis on intercept marking, both with Zaine playing a defensive forward role to combat this and Tim O'Brien brought in specifically to provide intercept marking capacity in the back half.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The practise match will tell us a bit about how we're planning for the season.

I do wonder where Zaine Cordy fits in with all this. Reports that he's training with the forwards suggests a potential emphasis on intercept marking, both with Zaine playing a defensive forward role to combat this and Tim O'Brien brought in specifically to provide intercept marking capacity in the back half.
    I don't mind it, mainly because I don't think Cordy should be in the top 24/5 players picked each week. He has always been a terrible 1-v-1 defender and despite his efforts, he just doesn't have the strength or the mobility to be effective in the role.

Problem is, the last time he played a negating forward role, Grundy took 10 marks. (Despite this, Cordy was OK).
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I don't mind it, mainly because I don't think Cordy should be in the top 24/5 players picked each week. He has always been a terrible 1-v-1 defender and despite his efforts, he just doesn't have the strength or the mobility to be effective in the role.

Problem is, the last time he played a negating forward role, Grundy took 10 marks. (Despite this, Cordy was OK).
    Given he had 11 games to his name at that point I don't think we can hang him on that.
    TBH I think Zaine gets a bit of the 'Daniel Cross' treatment - most of the focus is on what he doesn't do well and very little focus on what he does do well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Given he had 11 games to his name at that point I don't think we can hang him on that.
    TBH I think Zaine gets a bit of the 'Daniel Cross' treatment - most of the focus is on what he doesn't do well and very little focus on what he does do well.
    Bolded is a fair point. Although I would argue he isn't exactly any stronger or quicker than he was then.

What does he do well? I know I've been riding him for a few years now but besides his competitiveness, I just don't see it. I don't mind him as a back up player but at the elite level it's about maximising the strengths of your players/list and I just don't think he's got enough tools. For all his flaws, somebody like Gards is at least very quick with a long reach to spoil the ball.

I would like to see Cordy trained/shifted forward though. It's his best chance of featuring more often IMO.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Bolded is a fair point. Although I would argue he isn't exactly any stronger or quicker than he was then.

What does he do well? I know I've been riding him for a few years now but besides his competitiveness, I just don't see it. I don't mind him as a back up player but at the elite level it's about maximising the strengths of your players/list and I just don't think he's got enough tools. For all his flaws, somebody like Gards is at least very quick with a long reach to spoil the ball.

I would like to see Cordy trained/shifted forward though. It's his best chance of featuring more often IMO.
    Great tackler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What does Bevo have up his sleeve? Not a decent ruck set up, that’s for certain.
    I had a dream that Martin will be out injured for first game.

Post Thanks / Like

50/50 ownership split with Shane Delia?
    Not that I'm aware of. Brett Montgomery and his wife were part owners but sold their share after his departure. The club now owns the business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Open training at the Kennel

Western Bulldogs members and fans will have a chance to watch an AFL open training session at VU Whitten Oval on Saturday, February 26.

Preparations are in full swing for the AFL squad, with less than a month until the start of the 2022 AFL season.

The open training session will run from 9am-11am, where fans will also hear from coach Luke Beveridge.

There will be activities for the whole family, including face painting, handball targets, a photo booth and giveaways.

The Bulldog Shop and Barkers Café will be open, and memberships will be available for purchase.

Those in attendance will be required to use the QR code and show a proof of vaccination certificate upon entry, and wear masks when indoors, and outdoors where social distancing isn’t possible.
    Anyone going?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Anyone going?
    Ill be there
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any insights for us in the other states? I see Bevo held a Q and A at the ground was it just the usual spiel or anything note worthy.
    Any news is good news. Thanks
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...