Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  46
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 121
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Uh oh.
    Haha, why?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you believe Jake Stringer still should be with the club?
    Different story. Jake influenced other players and caused issues.

    Paine - well we are talking about his personal sex life. He has upset no players and they actually love him. Listening to Lyon today, he had high praise for Tim
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Nominally I agree with you that the charade this has become is more about his personal business, but your comment here is false equivalence.
    get my point?
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    6,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    get my point?
    Yeah but you're wrong.

    What you eat for breakfast and sending "unsolicited dick pics" don't compare, so you're actually weakening your argument.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yeah but you're wrong.

    What you eat for breakfast and sending "unsolicited dick pics" don't compare, so you're actually weakening your argument.
    Both private matters
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Both private matters
    There is always going to be potential for consequences to poor social behaviour. It's over simplification to state it's a private matter.
    Once you decide to send unsolicited dick pics you better be prepared to accept the fact that the receiver may decide to pursue things that might result in it being public news, especially when you are hold a prominent public platform.
    You decide to mess with the bull, then you'd better be prepared for the horns.

    Do I care to personally be informed of the salacious details, nope... But given how poorly CA investigated and cleared him, I'm kinda glad I did... Yet another boy's club they're running there.

  7. Likes GVGjr, DOG GOD, chef liked this post
  8. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    30,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    There is always going to be potential for consequences to poor social behaviour. It's over simplification to state it's a private matter.
    Once you decide to send unsolicited dick pics you better be prepared to accept the fact that the receiver may decide to pursue things that might result in it being public news, especially when you are hold a prominent public platform.
    You decide to mess with the bull, then you'd better be prepared for the horns.

    Do I care to personally be informed of the salacious details, nope... But given how poorly CA investigated and cleared him, I'm kinda glad I did... Yet another boy's club they're running there.
    Perfectly said. CA had the chance to control this and instead buried it. Had they got on the front foot and acknowledged there had been an indiscretion by Paine and that it had been dealt with appropriately I'm not sure this would have been such a big news story now.
    I have a huge amount of respect for the way Paine has performed in the Australian side as captain and his tough approach to the game because he did instill a lot of spirit into this team.
    But good luck to him trying to chat the likes of Risbah Pant in the future by saying things like 'I know he's your captain (Kholi) but you can't seriously like him as a bloke?'
    I gather he will be selected but he's got a hell of a series ahead of him because I suspect the Poms will be questioning his character frequently.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  9. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    4,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Pant would be wishing they were coming out this year.
    Paine loves a sledge (giving it). Let’s see if he likes (getting it).
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  10. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kyabram
    Posts
    12,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Different story. Jake influenced other players and caused issues.

    Paine - well we are talking about his personal sex life. He has upset no players and they actually love him. Listening to Lyon today, he had high praise for Tim
    Haha didn't Nathan Lyon marry his mistress?
    The curse is dead.

  11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, jeemak liked this post
  12. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    30,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Different story. Jake influenced other players and caused issues.

    Paine - well we are talking about his personal sex life. He has upset no players and they actually love him. Listening to Lyon today, he had high praise for Tim
    He bullied a player and made racial slurs to another didn't he? But we never stood him down preferring to wait until the end of the season to deal with it. We let it drag on and I think our performances suffered because of it.

    I can see why the players like Paine as he is a good guy and leader but for a sport that has a strong and high profile Women's competition CA hiding his indiscretion is effectively an endorsement that his conduct was acceptable. He wouldn't have need to resign as captain if it was.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  13. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    6,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Both private matters
    BAD, just once, give it a spell.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  14. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    BAD, just once, give it a spell.
    You know what EW, this sort of thing happens all the time with sports people and we don't hear about it and no I won't give it a spell, if it is ok with you
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  15. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    CA have admitted that they would have and should have handled it differently.
    I just feel like they needed to get on to the front foot with this one.

    CA and the selectors appear to be sticking by him so it will be an interesting to see how the Ashes plays out. Paine will be targeted by England so we will be hearing about it right through the series.
    Based on today's climate yes maybe they would have, but they didn't. So dredging it up and saying well we should have but didn't is utter crap.

    As for England they have f*ck all to crow about.

  16. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Was it consensual? I don't recall seeing in her messages where she requested a pic of his junk? I agree her messages were very flirtatious and may've led Tim to think escalating the conversation was being green lighted.. but it's a big jump from flirting to what then transpired..
    Personally, I think now he's not captain, his time has passed. I think there are better keeper options..but I suspect he'll be selected given he seems to have a lot of dressing room support.. not sure what that says about our team culture to be honest.
    I have no idea if it was consensual. Tasmania Cricket's statement indicated it was. They and CA conducted the review and came to a conclusion with all of the facts. Its easy to presume that the matter was covered up, but what if there is truth in Paine's version of events? Why should he be crucified on the alter of public opinion for what is a private matter.

    I have a real problem with revisionism where we as a society look at past acts through current thinking and pass judgement. Yes these events are not that old, but they do coincide with the rise of #MeToo whcih changes the lens through which we look.

  17. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ashes Series 2021/22

    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I have no idea if it was consensual. Tasmania Cricket's statement indicated it was. They and CA conducted the review and came to a conclusion with all of the facts. Its easy to presume that the matter was covered up, but what if there is truth in Paine's version of events? Why should he be crucified on the alter of public opinion for what is a private matter.

    I have a real problem with revisionism where we as a society look at past acts through current thinking and pass judgement. Yes these events are not that old, but they do coincide with the rise of #MeToo whcih changes the lens through which we look.
    I am not sure you can equate what is happening to Paine as some sort of societal revisionism.. It happened 3 years ago! It's not quite the same as say looking at Abraham Lincoln through a modern lens and deciding that he doesn't quite match up to today's society's values!

    Look, I think everyone who has an opinion on this has had an opportunity to voice it. I've made my point that I don't think if you are the captain on a high profile sporting team, you can complain about losing your position, if you choose to send unsolicited pictures of your junk to someone. I don't quite understand how that can, in any circumstances, be seen as a consensual exchange? There was no suggestion the woman in question asked Tim to send her such pics.
    However I also appreciate many have differing views on this. Fair enough. I'm going to let this go now.

    Thanks everyone for sharing your views. I've enjoyed reading them. It says something positive about this group that we can discuss contentious issues in a respectful manner.

  18. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, hujsh liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •