Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonights picks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tonights picks

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think we have 2 spots available
    Turns out it was three eh?

It is bloody difficult to keep a track of this stuff, and thats for those of us, who would acknowledge we spend far too much time thinking we are keeping track of it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Turns out it was three eh?

It is bloody difficult to keep a track of this stuff, and thats for those of us, who would acknowledge we spend far too much time thinking we are keeping track of it
    No it was 2, plus an additional category B rookie in Raak, turns out I was correct all along. You know there is a thread that keeps track of this stuff...

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    No it was 2, plus an additional category B rookie in Raak, turns out I was correct all along. You know there is a thread that keeps track of this stuff...
    Rubbish
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Rubbish
    Be careful Axeman is in his element and getting a bit angsty.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Be careful Axeman is in his element and getting a bit angsty.
    Yarraville nets it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Yarraville nets it is.
    I'll just delete the thread and then it should be on like Donkey Kong!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'll just delete the thread and then it should be on like Donkey Kong!
    You might as well delete it, judging from a lot of posts nobody reads it.

Post Thanks / Like

If I knew which thread it was I would delete it but I've never read it. What's it about?

11. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reads what?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If I knew which thread it was I would delete it but I've never read it. What's it about?
    Zing!

Post Thanks / Like

Zing!
    That's it. I'm done! That's me finished.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We would have to be happy with our draft effort especially given how late in proceedings, Darcy aside, our selections were.

We got a great mix of players as well

Sam Darcy will need time but a 205cm versatile tall is exactly what we needed.
    After unsuccessfully bidding for Josh Fahey we landed the exciting and explosive winger in Arthur Jones.
    Then we landed a top age defender in Luke Cleary who is well regarded for his kicking efficiency and intercept and rebounding skills.
    24yo Charlie Parker looks to be an exciting prospect as a 193cm versatile mid with plenty of depth with his kicking and a tenacious approach.
    26yo Robbie McComb made the VFL team of the year and our VFL B&F award. A strong midfielder who dominated a couple of games this year. Consecutive 32 possession games probably locked him in with our draft considerations.
    On top of that we bring in Cody Raak as a Cat B rookie.

So we landed the best tall and father son to boot, an indigenous player with an exceptional set of wheels, a composed 190cm defender and two more mature midfielder types that should respond well to being full time footballers and a free hit from our own backyard.
    Given our draft hand we should all be pleased with the way our recruiting team have navigated through this.

Sam Power also completed some excellent deals with other clubs to assemble the points we needed for Darcy but still have a pick in the 40's to land Jones.

Our new coaches and the development team must be energized with the prospect of arriving at the club and having so many players with plenty of upside. This is exactly the type of draft result that will excite our members as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We would have to be happy with our draft effort especially given how late in proceedings, Darcy aside, our selections were.

We got a great mix of players as well

Sam Darcy will need time but a 205cm versatile tall is exactly what we needed.
    After unsuccessfully bidding for Josh Fahey we landed the exciting and explosive winger in Arthur Jones.
    Then we landed a top age defender in Luke Cleary who is well regarded for his kicking efficiency and rebounding skills.
    24yo Charlie Parker looks to be an exciting prospect as a 193cm versatile mid with plenty of depth with his kicking and a tenacious approach.
    26yo Robbie McComb made the VFL team of the year and our VFL B&F award. A strong midfielder who dominated a couple of games this year. Consecutive 32 possession games probably locked him in with our draft considerations.
    On top of that we bring in Cody Raak as a Cat B rookie.

So we landed the best tall and father son to boot, an indigenous player with an exceptional set of wheels, a composed 190cm defender and two more mature midfielder types that should respond well to being full time footballers and a free hit from our own backyard.
    Given our draft hand we should all be pleased with the way our recruiting team have navigated through this.

Sam Power also completed some excellent deals with other clubs to assemble the points we needed for Darcy but still have a pick in the 40's to land Jones.

Our new coaches and the development team must be energized with the prospect of arriving at the club and having so many players with plenty of upside. This is exactly the type of draft result that will excite our members as well.
    The depth of Parker’s kicking and his size for a “utility” certainly stood out in the highlights. I’d be interested to see where he fits.
    I’m not sure given our mid depth where McComb fits but man if you were a early 20’s VFL player hoping for a crack at a list, you’d sign at Footscray. We draft a player onto our list from our VFL team every year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    The depth of Parker’s kicking and his size for a “utility” certainly stood out in the highlights. I’d be interested to see where he fits.
    I’m not sure given our mid depth where McComb fits but man if you were a early 20’s VFL player hoping for a crack at a list, you’d sign at Footscray. We draft a player onto our list from our VFL team every year.
    I think one potential concern with a player that size is if they lack pace (kind of like Cordy tbh). Doesn't appear to be a problem for this kid though which should be a huge asset to finding a role for him hopefully

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    We lost Lipinski and Jong who were more than just depth players and while that provides a bit more opportunity for West adding McComb seems like a decent fit for us.
    There also has to be a fair bit of improvement in McComb and Parker as they are now full time footballers.
    After seeing what Scott was able to achieve this year our approach of bringing in the Footscray boys is a good one for us.

Our search for the right players was right across the country and our own backyard and we didn't limit it with age considerations
    We appear to have achieved an excellent balance and I'd say all of the players we have selected are regarded as very good kicks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This thread title always gets me signing Tonight’s the Night by Neil Young…
    More of an In Bruges guy?