Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Arthur Jones

Has re-signed until end 2025.

2. Thanks bornadog, hujsh, josie thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has it in him to be a very good player for us.

Keeps his feet, good lateral movement, good forward instincts and if my eye was working objectively, seems assured with the ball. He just needs to develop his body, find the footy enough and start to hit the scoreboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Has it in him to be a very good player for us.

Keeps his feet, good lateral movement, good forward instincts and if my eye was working objectively, seems assured with the ball. He just needs to develop his body, find the footy enough and start to hit the scoreboard.
    So reminds me of Lewis Jetta the way he moves. Lopey gait, so balanced you can just see when he gets some more confidence at the level he is going to be very hard to tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Arthur Jones going through first goal :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrpJ2...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Arthur Jones going through first goal :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrpJ2...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    I thought he had a pretty good game. If you watch the replay, he was certainly involved in many passages of play.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Grantysghost, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing he does better than I'd expect is the fend off. Wouldn't think he had the strength but between that and his evasive maneuvers he's got some tools to work with wherever he ends up playing (forward, mid or back)

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying watching him go about it. Certainly worth persevering with

11. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    I'm enjoying watching him go about it. Certainly worth persevering with
    There was a spot in the 3rd quarter where all the players were lining up on the goal like and it was little Arty pestering Reeves. He promptly got pushed away but loved his intent. I wish Bruce was playing up forward, there is no way he lets Arty get pushed around

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's really not doing anywhere near enough to stay in the team but he has a big smile, I'm sure fans love him so he may be selling memberships and he has a good vibe around him. That's plenty better than Hannan, McNeil and McComb at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from an AFL player who was manned up on Arty recently that he is an absolute pest. They said he did not shut up all game, and any opponent who got close to him he would tug on their jumper or shorts, tickle their arm, blow on their face - just a happy hyperactive pest.

Keep it up Arty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He's really not doing anywhere near enough to stay in the team but he has a big smile, I'm sure fans love him so he may be selling memberships and he has a good vibe around him. That's plenty better than Hannan, McNeil and McComb at the moment.
    What else does he need to do? If he kicks one goal a game I think that is decent output.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What else does he need to do? If he kicks one goal a game I think that is decent output.
    Did a lot more than Weightman on Saturday. The small forward role in our forward line would be a tough one to play. I think he's doing an admirable job and hope he keeps improving as he gets more experience. We desperately need his pace up forward.

Might be a coincidence but we're 4-1 with him in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

From the Tackle. Mark Robinson.

Arty Jones

Good bloodlines? Well, he’s Krakouer related and calls Jimmy and Phil “Pops’’, so the bloodlines run deep. So does the talent. He’s 19 and played seven games and his trajectory already is significant. And he is exactly what the Bulldogs have been searching for: a smart, high speed and high-pressure small forward. Ahead of the 2019 national draft, The Bulldogs had Kozzie Pickett on the drafting board, but the Demons took him three picks before the Dogs had their first pick. The Dogs settled on Cody Weightman, another small forward, but he was more a Jamie Elliott-type, a marking threat. Jones is a swooper. His final 12 minutes against the Blues on Saturday night won the game. With momentum against them, the Dogs kicked 4.2 and Jones was involved in four of those scores, which included a goal, a gather then curler on his right foot from the right-hand pocket. It was 12 minutes of Arty Jones mayhem. He had five touches and 41 SuperCoach points. In comparison, Carlton’s highest ranked player in that period was Adam Saad with 11. Soon enough, TV commentators will call him the X-factor and a cult figure, as happens with most Indigenous players with blinding speed, but he’s much more than a stereotype. He’s a 71kg kid in his seventh game who ripped the momentum from the opposition and turned the result. That’s rare. Not even Kozzie, Charlie Cameron or Tom Papley were able to do that so early in their careers.

19. Thanks azabob, Mofra, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, MrMahatma, Murphy'sLore, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Exactly

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, young Arthur. Keep doing what you do. Look after the pennies, the pounds look after themselves.