Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  66
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Luke Cleary

Cleary needs to put on some size and strength otherwise he will just get some games when players are injured. A big preseason ahead of him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Was mentioned a few times last night at the BnF despite not getting top 3 in the Footscray BnF (can't find the top ten anywhere but can't remember if he was in it or not). Quite humorously as the only player Libba could remember when trying to come up with a names of up and coming players.
    Lol. What did Libba say?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Lol. What did Libba say?
    I don't think they put up his speach unfortunately but IIRC along the lines of 'there are some good younger blokes in the VFL coming through like Cleary and *long pause* there are others I just can't remember'

Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't do enough damage with ball in hand for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

He has some limitations with his natural athleticism no doubt, but his strengths in decision making and composure are compelling. The MC's obviously leaned more on his limitations to this point in time. I'd like to see him given some opportunity to see where the ledger lies.

I wouldn't be expecting him to develop into a star by any means, but he's a valued member of the VFL side and it would be great to have another trusted contributor in the AFL side.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

7. Likes josie, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even sure it's size, it's tank. He's going to take a while to build it but his ability to 'buy time' with ball in hand transfers well to AFL level.
    I do wonder however how he fits in if (big IF) we get Coffield and Coffield magically gets his body right
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    He has some limitations with his natural athleticism no doubt, but his strengths in decision making and composure are compelling. The MC's obviously leaned more on his limitations to this point in time. I'd like to see him given some opportunity to see where the ledger lies.

I wouldn't be expecting him to develop into a star by any means, but he's a valued member of the VFL side and it would be great to have another trusted contributor in the AFL side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'm not even sure it's size, it's tank. He's going to take a while to build it but his ability to 'buy time' with ball in hand transfers well to AFL level.
    I do wonder however how he fits in if (big IF) we get Coffield and Coffield magically gets his body right
    There were some suggesting that he should explore options due to not being played/ others favoured to fill gaps over the course of the season. But seeing him play at senior level in his one game and taking into account the above points, it's probable we have someone who could play at the highest level at least semi-regularly after working on strength, fitness/ stamina and execution/ decision making - but wasn't quite ready this year.

While there may be a few in front of him now things can change quickly. We'll be losing Crozier (who many said wasn't going to - or shouldn't - play this year, or last) and Duryea within 12 months, Coffield may not get on the park consistently if we land him. Luke just needs to keep working on his game/ the above, become a reliable depth player who takes his chances/ accounts for himself well, and within two years he could be a fixture of the team and on a better than normal late selection trajectory.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    There were some suggesting that he should explore options due to not being played/ others favoured to fill gaps over the course of the season. But seeing him play at senior level in his one game and taking into account the above points, it's probable we have someone who could play at the highest level at least semi-regularly after working on strength, fitness/ stamina and execution/ decision making - but wasn't quite ready this year.

While there may be a few in front of him now things can change quickly. We'll be losing Crozier (who many said wasn't going to - or shouldn't - play this year, or last) and Duryea within 12 months, Coffield may not get on the park consistently if we land him. Luke just needs to keep working on his game/ the above, become a reliable depth player who takes his chances/ accounts for himself well, and within two years he could be a fixture of the team and on a better than normal late selection trajectory.
    Worth mentioning, because I'd forgotten, that he was an overager (19) at pick 61. For some reason I had the impression he'd gone earlier than that (probably his impressive debut game and VFL form)