Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  48
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs - Robbie McComb

That’s a lovely jumper presentation. Well done Robbie’s mum and well done to the club for inviting Robbie’s mum to present the jumper. Such a beautiful moment for the family.

Post Thanks / Like

Did alright yesterday for a first game. He clearly isn’t a natural AFL player and will need to work on it. Got to it enough for mine for a few more chances to see if he can actually do something when he has it.

3. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was Lin Jong esque the way he turned the ball over, but he did get involved and will improve from there
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Have to give him another go and preferably a bit of rotation in mid, hopefully with more defensive traits when we need it. Go Rory.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Bevo doesn't tag that much but could McComb be that player. He has a bit of size about him and give him something to focus on.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I know Bevo doesn't tag that much but could McComb be that player. He has a bit of size about him and give him something to focus on.
    Good suggestion HD60. Doesn't have to be every moment of a game, or every game. eg We lost to Carlton mainly due to the 2nd quarter dominance of Cripps
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I noticed that as well on saturday, his a big unit in size, does he have the speed to match it with the best players? This would free Dunks to play beast mode. McCombe does seem to get to the right spots, he could be our DeBoer type player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I noticed that as well on saturday, his a big unit in size, does he have the speed to match it with the best players? This would free Dunks to play beast mode. McCombe does seem to get to the right spots, he could be our DeBoer type player.
    He's not he's pretty small.

Post Thanks / Like

Beast mode you say? How often do we see that?

We already have too many mids in the team so if McComb tags then one of Dunkley or Libba doesn't play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Beast mode you say? How often do we see that?

We already have too many mids in the team so if McComb tags then one of Dunkley or Libba doesn't play.
    We saw it for 6 weeks at the back end of 2019 - So not too often week in week out.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's not he's pretty small.
    I have just seen him on TV, so in real life it may be different. But what I see he looks very strong and solid build. His listed as 181 cm / 82 kg on the fc website. Maybe 1 or 2 preseasons he could add another 5 kg to his frame and be a stronger. Hopefully he won't lose any speed with the extra weight and strength.

I dream of all of our players turning on beast mode and scaring the daylights out of opposition. But I think they are too nice the way they play. They need to terrorize the opposition and make them afraid to get tackled, like our 2016 team and the Brisbane side of early 2000. With the AFL rules now, attempting to turn the game into a non-contact support, they will probably get booked for charging or some new way to interrupt the rule charge of unintentional becomes intentional contact.
    Last edited by macca; 27-04-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just seen him on TV, so in real life it may be different. But what I see he looks very strong and solid build. His listed as 181 cm / 82 kg on the fc website. Maybe 1 or 2 preseasons he could add another 5 kg to his frame and be a stronger. Hopefully he won't lose any speed with the extra weight and strength.

I dream of all of our players turning on beast mode and scaring the daylights out of opposition. But I think they are too nice the way they play. They need to terrorize the opposition and make them afraid to get tackled, like our 2016 team and the Brisbane side of early 2000. With the AFL rules now, attempting to turn the game into a non-contact support, they will probably get booked for charging or some new way to interrupt the rule charge of unintentional becomes intentional contact.
    So when he's 28 or 29?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So when he's 28 or 29?
    I was thinking like Sam Menegola from Geelong type development.

Came to Geelong in 2016 when he was 26, played 8 games in his first season . Was with Fremantle and the hawks for a few years but could not break into the team .

He might be a different type of player with different attributes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Menegola

Can only dream to pickup a player like that to have such great impact on a team.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking like Sam Menegola from Geelong type development.

Came to Geelong in 2016 when he was 26, played 8 games in his first season . Was with Fremantle and the hawks for a few years but could not break into the team .

He might be a different type of player with different attributes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Menegola

Can only dream to pickup a player like that to have such great impact on a team.
    I'll give you Menegola, Ted Richards, and perhaps even Podsiadly who kicked on late in their 20s. It's a damn short list though.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

17. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic second game for Robbie. He started to get use to the pace of AFL and his disposal got better and better.

21 Disposals and 2 goals was a nice return.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post