You often hear that if aren't improving in the AFL then you are actually going backwards so with that in mind where does our improvement come from in 2022 so that we remain a top 4 team?

For this one I start looking at the back line options:

Backs
During the trade period we added Tim OBrien who probably helps our back line and provides us with a bit more height than our normal approach of playing two talls out of Keath, Gardner and Cordy and asking the likes of Wood, Williams or Crozier to play that 3rd tall defenders role. I think that could be a genuine benefit for us leaving us less exposed when opposition teams load up on taller forwards against us. O'Brien is athletic enough to play on the more mid sized opposition players as well. We also have Schache who could be used to cover any injuries to our taller backs. Khamis, Crozier and Butler round out the coverage for the mid sized defenders.

We lost Wood and Young from the back line options gaining OBrien.

The big question mark is:
We got a lot of drive from Duryea, Williams and Dale and as normal Daniel added a lot of poise to our back line.
With Richards probably also best suited to a role across half back could Daniel or Williams be a chance to move more into midfield duties in 2022?

I'd really appreciate the chance to hear where we might improve our back line results in 2022?