Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  62
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where does our improvement come from in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    We've actually won 21 finals, but yes it is still a big chunk.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/coaches/bullldogs.html
    Thanks

I see Bevo has had us in 11 finals and won 7.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thanks

I see Bevo has had us in 11 finals and won 7.
    About to become our second longest serving (in games) coach after EJ too. Is still 68 games behind Ted but has coached 1 more win.

3. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    About to become our second longest serving (in games) coach after EJ too. Is still 68 games behind Ted but has coached 1 more win.
    Bevo - 57.05% winning record.

Poor EJ, went through a very bleak period.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    57.05% winning record.
    Only the fourth best, bloody hopeless.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Late to this thread and havent read all posts.

I reckon this year we’ll see an improvement in Roarke Smith. There was something about hum tail end of last year and im quietly confident he can continue. Gardner will continue getting better - Ryan Hargrave v2.

Unforts im not so optimistic about Tim English.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Late to this thread and havent read all posts.

I reckon this year we’ll see an improvement in Roarke Smith. There was something about hum tail end of last year and im quietly confident he can continue. Gardner will continue getting better - Ryan Hargrave v2.

Unforts im not so optimistic about Tim English.
    I have the opposite view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have the opposite view.
    I thought he at least held his own v McInerney and Fort plus did some nice stuff around the ground.
    Couple of good strong marks and was a link man in some forward thrusts.
    Not bad signs for me.

Edit : Hitout stats weren't amazing (12) hopefully he can improve on that.

Post Thanks / Like

English was good last night, thought he was positioned well at throw ins and didn’t get outmuscled and allow the opposition ruck to just grab the ball out of the ruck.

Our forward line is a disaster, though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    English was good last night, thought he was positioned well at throw ins and didn’t get outmuscled and allow the opposition ruck to just grab the ball out of the ruck.

Our forward line is a disaster, though.
    That we played Bont forward shows why the Cordy experiment is going to be one we (perhaps unfortunately) have to persist with throughout 2022. At least until we’re confident that a JUH/Hannan combo can get it done alongside Naughts.

I’m also going to put a few $ on Naughts to win the Coleman because he is looking incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    That we played Bont forward shows why the Cordy experiment is going to be one we (perhaps unfortunately) have to persist with throughout 2022. At least until we’re confident that a JUH/Hannan combo can get it done alongside Naughts.

I’m also going to put a few $ on Naughts to win the Coleman because he is looking incredible.
    Even with his wonky kicking, if he stays fit Naughton should kick 60+ with the amount of supply he’ll be getting. There’ll be some monster games from him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we'll see Schache forward this year with Naughton, and the backline will revert to a mix of Keath, Cordy, O'Brien when fit, and Gardner.

When Stef is rucking we'll see Tim forward and Schache swing, which I'm fine with.

The forward line looks like it is in trouble, but it's also the forward line that got us to a Grand Final. It might take a few weeks to start humming along again, but I'm confident/ hopeful it will work itself out remembering we have a new coach in the mix.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I thought he at least held his own v McInerney and Fort plus did some nice stuff around the ground.
    Couple of good strong marks and was a link man in some forward thrusts.
    Not bad signs for me.

Edit : Hitout stats weren't amazing (12) hopefully he can improve on that.
    I thought more importantly he was good around the ground picking up 8 marks and 21 disposals

16. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think we'll see Schache forward this year with Naughton, and the backline will revert to a mix of Keath, Cordy, O'Brien when fit, and Gardner.

When Stef is rucking we'll see Tim forward and Schache swing, which I'm fine with.

The forward line looks like it is in trouble, but it's also the forward line that got us to a Grand Final. It might take a few weeks to start humming along again, but I'm confident/ hopeful it will work itself out remembering we have a new coach in the mix.
    Agree - the pieces are there. We just need consistency from a few, and a few others to take steps. Our smalls and midfielders will be our point of difference. Cody, VDM, JJ can be a strong combo, maybe McComb too. Then add Bont, Smith, Treloar etc kicking goals. We have the firepower for sure - it’s just that JUH/Hannan/Cordy player alongside our resting ruck we need hitting.

Personally I’d like Schache to stay back. We need one more really good key defender and he’s got the potential to complement Keath, with Gardner / O’Brien able to play more third tall roles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Agree - the pieces are there. We just need consistency from a few, and a few others to take steps. Our smalls and midfielders will be our point of difference. Cody, VDM, JJ can be a strong combo, maybe McComb too. Then add Bont, Smith, Treloar etc kicking goals. We have the firepower for sure - it’s just that JUH/Hannan/Cordy player alongside our resting ruck we need hitting.

Personally I’d like Schache to stay back. We need one more really good key defender and he’s got the potential to complement Keath, with Gardner / O’Brien able to play more third tall roles.
    I guess I'm thinking that we need to lend Naughton a hand and Schache has proven he can kick goals, albeit often with some serious lapses in competitiveness.

The point you make regarding another genuine tall being needed to help Keath, though I guess I'm hoping Gardner can continue his rate of improvement to take on that second KPD role leaving O'Brien and Cordy to play the third/ support roles.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We definitely need another key forward. Schache or O'Brien for mine.