Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  62
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where does our improvement come from in 2022?

So have we worked out where the improvement is coming from?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Naughton will improve… hopefully no long term injuries to key midfielders which impeded us last year.

It’s a long season so I’m sure other players will stand up as we get going, but it does look like we’re going with the the ‘trusted’ players to start the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Imo our improvement will hopefully come from Ugle-Hagan and Sweet stepping up, it will not come persisting with Hannan and Cordy in the top 22. Gardner, who inexplicably sat out the 2021 GF, and O'Brien are better defenders than Cordy and, take your pick of Wallis, West, Bedendo, Scott or Garcia over Hannan.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Imo our improvement will hopefully come from Ugle-Hagan and Sweet stepping up, it will not come persisting with Hannan and Cordy in the top 22. Gardner, who inexplicably sat out the 2021 GF, and O'Brien are better defenders than Cordy and, take your pick of Wallis, West, Bedendo, Scott or Garcia over Hannan.
    Hannan is the best 'blocker' on our list and played pretty well in our first praccy game.
    Is he going to be our no 1 whipping boy in2022?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    English?
    If he gets back to anything like the 'pre-Naughton knee' form that will help us.
    I see real worrying signs with Stef.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    English?
    If he gets back to anything like the 'pre-Naughton knee' form that will help us.
    I see real worrying signs with Stef.
    I was impressed with Timmy’s game against Brisbane. I’m not convinced he’ll ever be physical enough to overcome the best rucks in the league but Round 1 will tell us a lot.

Stef is 100% cooked. Surely the coaches know it which makes you wonder about how far off Sweet actually is in their thinking.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan is the best 'blocker' on our list and played pretty well in our first praccy game.
    You're damn right he is. FWIW I like what he brings when he doesn't have the ball as you've alluded to and he tends to get on the end of a few so I'm ok with his unique role in the side.

9. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a poll in that!

Hannan, Cordy, Crozier... there were a few whipsters on display on Friday night!

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if our forwardline can take another step thats where the big improvement can come from.

Going into last year Bruce was the only real proven effective forward.

Post 2021 Weightman has gone from unconvincing prospect to someone who has shown an ability to impact games. Hannan finally seemed to figure out his role by late season and will hopefully continue doing this (thought he was good against Essendon in this role). Naughton's goalkicking appears to have improved and should be aiming for a 60 goal season. English has shown he can be an effective member up forward. JJ after a whole year of being ineffective seems to have got his shit together.

If that group can consolidate and improve on 2021 then we will be much better positioned considering the sheer weight of inside 50s we generate.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer schache in the backline. He doesnt have what it takes to play forward and looks completely outmanned in one on one contests and lost when the ball is in dispute. O'Brien thows a spanner in as he is the second tall back. As a forward schache will play some good games against lesser teams and people will get excited but agains tthe good teams - and when it matters most in finals i just dont think he has what it takes.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

I think he can get away with his lack of intensity and aggression most in the backline, which is to say he has proven he is not capable of overcoming those weaknesses in the ruck or forwardline and defence is all that's left.

Tbf to him he had a decent finals series forward but that is clearly the anomaly in his career.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

the lack of intensity I can handle but for a god damn no. 2 draft pick he has zero footy intelligence and just looks completely lost out there 60% of the time