Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Version of Bailey Dale

I'm a little surprised at the Marra talk, he hasn't played much footy in 2 years and with Bruce out will find it hard to be consistent I reckon.

He is going to need more than one good preseason for mine, no doubt he will improve and has ridiculous talent but I will be surprised if he can impact as much as Cody did in his second year( unbelievable second year).

2. Thanks Bumper Bulldogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I'm a little surprised at the Marra talk, he hasn't played much footy in 2 years and with Bruce out will find it hard to be consistent I reckon.

He is going to need more than one good preseason for mine, no doubt he will improve and has ridiculous talent but I will be surprised if he can impact as much as Cody did in his second year( unbelievable second year).
    It's fair. But, he did impact a couple of games a little to a bit when he played and that was after one preseason off an extremely short run up.

I don't buy into social media hype however, it has pleased me to see images of him really getting into it and even the things coming out of his mouth suggest to me last season was a smack in the face for him and he's embarrassed.

It doesn't mean I think he'll be the best third forward in the competition. Just that if he is fit and is given a chance he may cause a lot of head aches playing a third role the likes of the King brothers or anyone else could only dream of playing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

After a rough start to his career and a injury ravaged 2021 Ryan Gardner has shown he can play a key role in our back 7.

If he can get a full pre season and remain injury free he will be critical as our lockdown defender.

The flow on effect for Keith, Williams and O'Brien will be huge also as they can look to be more attacking rather than worrying about locking down the oppositions number one forward.

Hopefully VDM and Garcia stay injury free to add some bite and niggle to our forward 50. Both players seem to have a burst of speed and don't mind letting the opposition know they are around both physically and verbally.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes bornadog, kruder, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aza, Gardner plays an important role for us and probably has another level in his development he can achieve however, I think he will always tend to be serviceable more than a huge improver for us.
    I like his mobility and his ability to read the ball in the air but I'm not convinced we can get a lot more from him other than getting him healthy.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Schache
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

9. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Josh Schache
    Forward or back?

I really hope he’s come back and demanded to be played at CHB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Forward or back?

I really hope he’s come back and demanded to be played at CHB.
    From all accounts (Thanks DT) he's been training with the defenders.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post

I don't think anyone is expecting him to be at the level of a seasoned KPF.
    It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he's at the very least a best 22 player by the end of the year. Freakishly talented and has come back in much better shape than he started last year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post