Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  442
Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022

Great news thanks Bornadog I do enjoy the AFLW and watching it emerge I just couldn't take us getting thrown back to the wolves and have to rebuild again.
    The young ones need idols to follow and its a sad part that is creeping into the game with player movement.
    I don't personally follow a particular player/players and I'm more about the team but it started with Kearney and then Conti moving on and I was done to see more talent go out the door again.
    But I live to follow again. Lets hope Issy keeps the faith and sticks around to.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Great news thanks Bornadog I do enjoy the AFLW and watching it emerge I just couldn't take us getting thrown back to the wolves and have to rebuild again.
    The young ones need idols to follow and its a sad part that is creeping into the game with player movement.
    I don't personally follow a particular player/players and I'm more about the team but it started with Kearney and then Conti moving on and I was done to see more talent go out the door again.
    But I live to follow again. Lets hope Issy keeps the faith and sticks around to.
    Hopefully Toogood stays as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hopefully Toogood stays as well
    How could I forget Bonnie, if we had to lose one of the two just on history I would keep Toogood just on durability but both are great players.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I did read somewhere that Issy is moving to Sydney to continue her studies so if that’s the case you’d think it’s a no brainer that she isn’t in our colours next year and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news about Ellie. That would have been rough.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I did read somewhere that Issy is moving to Sydney to continue her studies so if that’s the case you’d think it’s a no brainer that she isn’t in our colours next year and beyond.
    Remote learning is a thing nowadays.

Seriously how long is the aflw season? Plus it's in the semester/xmas break for the most part.

Not sure I buy it.

Out of all the players touted to leave, this one for me hurts the most. Genuine A grade irreplaceable talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news on Blackers and Lamby. Must be tempting for Bonnie. She does do a bit of work with our foundation and seems very immersed in the club which hopefully works in our favour.

Once all clubs are represented with an aflw team, things should settle down. Will always follow our aflw team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Remote learning is a thing nowadays.

Seriously how long is the aflw season? Plus it's in the semester/xmas break for the most part.

Not sure I buy it.

Out of all the players touted to leave, this one for me hurts the most. Genuine A grade irreplaceable talent.
    Nah man. Until the wages get serious these young women need to make the best decisions for their actual careers. If Izzy has been accepted for uni or a job in NSW, then it's a no brainer in my eyes.

10. Likes soupman, Happy Days, EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Nah man. Until the wages get serious these young women need to make the best decisions for their actual careers. If Izzy has been accepted for uni or a job in NSW, then it's a no brainer in my eyes.
    I agree regarding their careers being the number one priority. My comments were speculating that her motivation could be in getting a fresh start rather than career driven.
    If she can only do her post grad studies in Sydney I’d be surprised, and she recently started a new role here so she clearly has options job wise.
    I recently spent some time with the Deputy Chancellor of Monash (wife was giving a keynote at grad) and we had a conversation around flexibility of Universities in the post covid world.
    I’m sure they can accomodate most student needs these days as they know they must be more adaptable to retain student numbers. They have a pretty distinguished biomedical science program with Masters options.
    On a side note Monash is the #1 uni in the world for pharmacology which is pretty impressive !
    Shes such a talent I hope we are fighting tooth and nail to retain her.

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington requests move.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...ests-aflw-move

Western Bulldogs forward Isabel Huntington has informed the Club of her wish to explore a move to the GWS Giants.

Huntington, who is recovering from an ACL injury, has played 20 games for the Bulldogs since joining the Club as the number one pick in the 2017 NAB AFLW Draft.

The 23-year-old enjoyed a breakout 2020 season, winning the Club Best and Fairest, the AFLW Rising Star Award and achieving All-Australian selection.

“It’s disappointing for us to lose someone like Izzy, who has been a strong performer on field and an established leader off it, and with such a bright future as a player ahead of her” said Bulldogs’ General Manager of Women’s Football, Debbie Lee.

“We fully understand Izzy’s need to move to Sydney for education and non-football related reasons, and we wish her well as she embarks the next stage on her football journey.

“Given Izzy’s standing in the game, her achievements to date and the Club’s investment in her development, we’ll work hard to ensure we are appropriately compensated through the AFLW’s player movement structure.”

The Club will enter discussions with Huntington’s management in the lead-up to the 2022 Sign and Trade Period.

“Requesting a move from the Doggies has been an incredibly difficult decision and one that has taken very careful consideration,” Huntington said.

“Ultimately, the decision to move is not football related, however. Having recently begun the long rehab process for my third ACL injury, in combination with the current part-time nature of the competition, it’s become increasingly clear to me that I can’t make life decisions solely based on football. With the opportunity to progress my studies and off-field work interstate, it is the right move for me at this time.

“I have absolutely adored my time at the Bulldogs across the past five years. I couldn’t be more thankful for what they have done for me and the connections I have built there. Pulling on the jumper 20 times with my teammates was an honour, and being involved in off-field endeavours such as working with the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation was equally memorable.

“I am saddened to leave behind such a wonderful club and group of people within it, but I’m very grateful for their genuine support for me as a person, not just a footballer. The care I have received from the staff and my teammates throughout my journey here has been unbelievable and I will be eternally grateful for their support.”

Post Thanks / Like

Boooooooo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Boooooooo
    Seconded. Not even an expansion team very very dissapointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Seconded. Not even an expansion team very very dissapointing.
    Would a trade get us better compensation seeing as the AFL is undecided about compensation losing a player to the 4 new clubs coming in?

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing outcome - number 1 pick and a rare talent in a key position player who can really mark it

What will Izzy study in Sydney? anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Disappointing outcome - number 1 pick and a rare talent in a key position player who can really mark it

What will Izzy study in Sydney? anyone know?
    Biomedical science is her field so be along those lines.