I know there is a mix of AFLW knowledge on here, but it would be great to get some more engagement with our female program/the AFLW on WOOF.

We are still a very young side, with our 'senior' players Ellie Blackburn (26), Kirsty Lamb (27), Brooke Lochland (30) supporting young stars such as Izzy Huntington, Eleanor Brown, Bonnie Toogood and Jess Fitzgerald.

We have brought in experience and size with Rocky Cranston (32), who will likely play as a bullocking presence up forward and can hopefully do short bursts through the midfield to support Lamb and Blackburn, and Elle Bennetts (32) who will hopefully fill a spot on the wing.

B: Ferres Lynch
HB: Hartwig Gamble Brown
C: Bennetts Lamb Lochland
HF: Cranston Huntington ???
F: McLeod Toogood
R: Moody Blackburn Fitzgerald

I think Bailey Hunt and Alice Edmonds would be in our best squad, although Hunt needs to continue improving her defensive accountability.

I don't really know who slots in to the other spots on the bench, or if some of the younger players will push into that starting side - lots of young players like Ling, Snell, Gutknecht, Grant, Strahan, Georgostathis, Lagoia that I'm either not convinced by or don't know enough about.

I love Hannah Scott's penetration by foot but worry that the game has progressed past her now at the age of 31. I don't see her being more than a cameo.

What am I looking forward to?
Sitting on the hill watching Izzy Huntington outmark 3, 4, 5 opponents. She is an absolute star of the competition at either hand - a genuine female Chris Grant.

Who will be the surprise packet?
I think Bonnie Toogood, Eleanor Brown and Jess Fitzgerald can all have AA-quality seasons, but not sure that would be a surprise for any of them.
Sarah Hartwig was really impressive in her debut season as a half-back flanker with good composure and great skills.
I've only seen Amanda Ling's draft video but think there is a clear opening in our midfield for somebody who can win their own football.

Where will we finish?
I think we could sneak in to finals, but likely finish just outside in 7th-10th. I think we could hope to win the 4 highlighted matches, and if we can sneak another couple then we are likely and deserving finalists. I see Melbourne, Freo, Adelaide, Collingwood and Brisbane as likely finalists. North, Carlton and us are in the next bunch.

Melbourne (H), Geelong (A), Carlton (H), Greater Western Sydney (A), Richmond (H), Adelaide (A), Gold Coast (H), Collingwood (A), Fremantle (H)