Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  442
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Are you suggesting I should once again complain about how we got no compensation for losing either Tony McGuinness and Kym Koster to Adelaide?
    I'm here for it. Let it all out. Again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a team of Bulldogs lost to expansion/trade (anyone got a spare half-back flanker for me?). Compensated for the loss of most of these with a packet of twisties.

B: Birch; Gamble
    CHB: Meg McDonald; Aasta O'Connor; ...
    C: Lochland; Lambert; Bruton
    HF: McCarthy; Huntington; Bannister
    F: Toogood; Brennan
    R: Rennie; Conti; Kearney

3. Thanks bornadog, josie, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huntingon officially gone. Traded for picks 29 and 37.

We have also signed Millie Brown. Giving Geelong picks 24 and 56 for Brown and 21.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Huntingon officially gone. Traded for picks 29 and 37.

We have also signed Millie Brown. Giving Geelong picks 24 and 56 for Brown and 21.
    How is a former number 1 with years of development under her belt now cheaper? I get she’s been injured but that’s a steal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How is a former number 1 with years of development under her belt now cheaper? I get she’s been injured but that’s a steal.
    We were never going to get value for her, that's not the way the system is set up at the moment - and especially with the top 15 picks or similar locked to expansion sides and not allowed to be traded!

7. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    We were never going to get value for her, that's not the way the system is set up at the moment - and especially with the top 15 picks or similar locked to expansion sides and not allowed to be traded!
    True, but in the circumstances it is still very disappointing to have not acquired the Giants' highest pick (No.20) in this trade given her immense talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Siren Sports (an all female media organisation aiming to improve coverage of women's sport, containing some very talented journalists/writers) have got a 3 part series on the Bulldogs AFLW program starting with this article.

Link

10. Thanks azabob, josie, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also we have welcomed two new players to our team over the past few days - Daisy Bateman is a young forward from the Roos. She has kicked 22 goals in 34 games and will hopefully he a big part of our new look forward line.

Millie (Bobby) Brown is a young defender from the Cats. I wonder if we will look to put her in the role of Issy Grant or similar, releasing one of our existing defenders to go forward.

Disappointing that it seems we won't be trading in any coverage for the talls that we have lost through trade and retirement, but I guess there are a limited number of quality talls getting around.

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates JD.

Post Thanks / Like

Also we have welcomed two new players to our team over the past few days - Daisy Bateman is a young forward from the Roos. She has kicked 22 goals in 34 games and will hopefully he a big part of our new look forward line.

Millie (Bobby) Brown is a young defender from the Cats. I wonder if we will look to put her in the role of Issy Grant or similar, releasing one of our existing defenders to go forward.

Disappointing that it seems we won't be trading in any coverage for the talls that we have lost through trade and retirement, but I guess there are a limited number of quality talls getting around.
    Isn't Brown a tall we can use up forward ?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Siren Sports (an all female media organisation aiming to improve coverage of women's sport, containing some very talented journalists/writers) have got a 3 part series on the Bulldogs AFLW program starting with this article.

Link
    Thanks JD. Looks a quality site.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Isn't Brown a tall we can use up forward ?
    I'm interested in aflw but definitely no expert - I couldn't find her height but the articles and highlights I saw painted her as a defender. You are right that our list manager sees versatility:

“Millie is a highly talented footballer who we are really excited to add to our list,” Bulldogs’ Head of List Management and Recruiting, Mick Sandry, said.

“She has played most of her recent football as a defender – having been named an U18 All Australian - but also has the ability to go forward, so we think her versality will be a huge asset.

“She is a great reader of the play, attacks the ball in the air and is really composed under pressure.”

17. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bateman looks like a handy pick up.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

AFLW is a farce atm.
    Expansion teams given free licence to raid us, foundation club.
    And Dan Andrews has stuffed up East west link and made the west political now, me a Labor supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    And Dan Andrews has stuffed up East west link and made the west political now, me a Labor supporter.
    "It's over. It's all over."