Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  442
Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Essendon
    F#@$#@@K !

They're poaching half the league. How many Toll jobs can they give out !

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Bonnie-why have you abandoned us?

Losing Huntington too. Double Shite.

Let’s hope we find some top notch tall forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason Melbourne don't seem to lose anyone.

5. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    For some reason Melbourne don't seem to lose anyone.
    We don't know what's about to happen in the next few weeks but this is exactly my biggest beef as they have a list that is far more talented than ours and they have actually improved their list by trading in quality players in recent years.

It's hard not to believe that when it comes to non player salary inducements, we have been complete amateurs regularly bringing a pop gun to the fight when our opponents have been armed with bazookas.

7. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are losing a NSW player to Sydney or GWS who was not good enough to play in their GF team. They are being ransacked and I really feel for their supporters!

https://www.womens.afl/news/93259/tr...for-a-new-home

9. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No Bonnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can only hope the other clubs get pillaged as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So that just leaves us with Morris-Dalton and Lynch as the main targets and no other key forward stocks.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    So that just leaves us with Morris-Dalton and Lynch as the main targets and no other key forward stocks.
    There had to be a cap in place on taking senior players. One from each club only, we’ve basically lost Bruce and Naughton !

It would have equalised the damage, and other teams like the Crows and Demons probably would’ve lost a star. Phillips may go to Port granted and there’s plenty of time to play out for others to be targeted; but there needed to be some regulation when the league is in its infancy.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm out.

See you in 5 years when all of this is sorted.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes Grantysghost, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is the real issue of 'first mover' clubs losing players than fans had grown an attachment to.
    Now the talent available has been spread incredibly thin. This doesn't bode well for next season's competition.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There is the real issue of 'first mover' clubs losing players than fans had grown an attachment to.
    Now the talent available has been spread incredibly thin. This doesn't bode well for next season's competition.
    they were always planning on spreading the talent, but there should have been some sort of limitation on how many one club can lose.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    No, It doesn’t. The amazing part is everybody here saw this coming, but AFL House plowed on anyway, because they are more interested in this being Gil’s legacy or some such shit, than creating an actual viable sustainable competition over the long term.

19. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I'm out.

See you in 5 years when all of this is sorted.
    Kind of feel like doing the same but I’ll be renewing my AFLW membership as our club tends to use adversity as a bit of a leg up and we sometimes respond well. Also think I’d like to loudly cheer our loyal champs like Lamb and Blackburn, and watch continued improvement of Grant, Brown, Fitzgerald, Geostathis (apologies for spelling)…..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Kind of feel like doing the same but I’ll be renewing my AFLW membership as our club tends to use adversity as a bit of a leg up and we sometimes respond well. Also think I’d like to loudly cheer our loyal champs like Lamb and Blackburn, and watch continued improvement of Grant, Brown, Fitzgerald, Geostathis (apologies for spelling)…..
    The Freo girls are 5 minutes from my door. Half a dozen of them train at my gym. They never lose any players...

I love the dogs irrationally but this competition has lost the plot. I’ll go along to the freo games and when the afl has sorted things out I’ll be back wearing rwb.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

22. Likes Grantysghost, josie, Max469, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The Freo girls are 5 minutes from my door. Half a dozen of them train at my gym. They never lose any players...

I love the dogs irrationally but this competition has lost the plot. I’ll go along to the freo games and when the afl has sorted things out I’ll be back wearing rwb.
    Interstate movement isn't going to be as much of a thing if you're earning 5 figures
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff