Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  442
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022/2023

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Burke has to go.

In comments earlier in the season when it was apparent we weren't going to be anything but ordinary he in my view deflected responsibility a little bit too comfortably.

Didn't rate him as a player as highly as others did, don't as a commentator, and not sure he's the right personality to coach.
    Tell us what you really think about him.

Plus he said we wouldn't have a dynasty after the flag as he had sour grapes. He was right, but fk him.

I think he's probably a bit out of touch with the young peeps.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the AFLW gave too much compensation to new clubs and we have been decimated by it far more than any other club.
    We also need to look at the whole structure as a lot of the time it looked like players were lacking in team work and we also need compensating picks now to get some sort of climb up the ladder.
    To me it’s been amateur by the League and amateur by the clubs set up.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes josie, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Burke has to go.

In comments earlier in the season when it was apparent we weren't going to be anything but ordinary he in my view deflected responsibility a little bit too comfortably.

Didn't rate him as a player as highly as others did, don't as a commentator, and not sure he's the right personality to coach.
    I've never forgiven him for some negative comments he made about us a few years back before he came on as a coach.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god that’s over.

Shocking year. A real shame the way the club has just crumbled and accepted being shoved down the pecking order.

Girls need to accept their fair share of responsibility and get their behaviours off field right, which coupled with injuries have crippled us, but regardless, coach has to go.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

7. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame because last season it really looked like we were on our way back up and just needed more development in our younger players, to have fallen so badly and to barely fire a shot in most games is extremely disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Thank god that’s over.

Shocking year. A real shame the way the club has just crumbled and accepted being shoved down the pecking order.

Girls need to accept their fair share of responsibility and get their behaviours off field right, which coupled with injuries have crippled us, but regardless, coach has to go.
    On the one hand, I love how close-knit the girls seem to be, and how they celebrate each other's achievements with such unbridled joy. The flip side of that is...well, it bristles a bit when it comes across as being easily pleased. A bit too self-satisfied with having achieved not much at all. A recent example was the OTT celebration of Issy Grant's first goal in AFLW, versus Sydney from memory, when the team was being absolutely embarrassed by an opposition that was toying with us.

With the AFLW expansion truly massacring our depth since we won the flag, I think it is high time that the league coughed up some assistance. Over to you, AFLW.
    Crumbs!

10. Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shocking season by our team. Didn't play well in nearly every game. One or two respectful losses but most performances were sub-par.

I believe Burke reports to Chris Grant and if Chris doesn't have it in him to call time on his career at the Dogs perhaps he needs bring in Daniel Sims to deliver a clear and decisive message.

"Nathan go home"

12. Likes Testekill, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Shocking season by our team. Didn't play well in nearly every game. One or two respectful losses but most performances were sub-par.

I believe Burke reports to Chris Grant and if Chris doesn't have it in him to call time on his career at the Dogs perhaps he needs bring in Daniel Sims to deliver a clear and decisive message.

"Nathan go home"
    Well I guess the question needs to be asked “Does the club take it serious enough ?”
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well I guess the question needs to be asked “Does the club take it serious enough ?”
    They need to so they have to get active. You can't have another season like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They need to so they have to get active. You can't have another season like that.
    Or we end up the Essendon of AFLW .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess the question needs to be asked ?Does the club take it serious enough ??
    They bloody well should be. Our AFLW fans are loyal, turn out yesterday was pretty good, even though a fair few were Roos fans. However if we repeat seasons like this the loyalty will be tested and our good players will be lured away.

Have/will the same fitness staff be available to our girls? With the new facilities and presumably a bigger focus on fitness we hopefully will be competitive next season.

As an aside apparently Rocky Cranston (last game yesterday) is suffering kidney problems (symptoms are fatigue) and for her to have played some games this year shows her mental toughness. Hoping the team uses that as inspiration next season.

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to see a reason to retain Burke, beyond avoiding a payout. Very disappointing season and I found it really hard to watch so I often didn't watch.

It's worrying to hear talk that our program is not taken seriously within the club, and that divisions in our playing group are still present despite all the change we have had over recent seasons.

I will personally be surprised if Ellie is still a bulldog next season. Hope I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Hard to see a reason to retain Burke, beyond avoiding a payout. Very disappointing season and I found it really hard to watch so I often didn't watch.

It's worrying to hear talk that our program is not taken seriously within the club, and that divisions in our playing group are still present despite all the change we have had over recent seasons.

I will personally be surprised if Ellie is still a bulldog next season. Hope I'm wrong.
    Team work non existent is what kills us, it’s like each player is doing it themself. If you get the team play you get results . To be honest I have seen no game plan and the only team work is luck or the odd outside run .
    The players are so easily pulled into where the ball is and thus when it comes out the opposition are out and running in space .
    I don’t think it’s the players it’s the way they are being coached.
    Seriously we have some great players they just aren’t in the right positions or used to their strengths .
    The only player I see who has some sort of an idea of their position is Izzy Grant.
    Ellie is trying to do everything in the middle with no help.
    Forward line non existent .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Team work non existent is what kills us, it’s like each player is doing it themself. If you get the team play you get results . To be honest I have seen no game plan and the only team work is luck or the odd outside run .
    The players are so easily pulled into where the ball is and thus when it comes out the opposition are out and running in space .
    I don’t think it’s the players it’s the way they are being coached.
    Seriously we have some great players they just aren’t in the right positions or used to their strengths .
    The only player I see who has some sort of an idea of their position is Izzy Grant.
    Ellie is trying to do everything in the middle with no help.
    Forward line non existent .
    Largely agree, especially forward line.

Lamb and Ellie - our stalwarts. I thought Gabby Newton was starting to look good in defence too. Katie Lynch still ok in defence. We really missed Eleanor Brown. Izzy is one of few that has improved this year. Alice Edmonds ok in ruck, pretty competitive and a good mark at times. Really need some outside dash and skill though - a few more like Riley Wilcox could make a world of difference. And we’ve not really replaced Bonnie Togood, desperate for a decent forward (I think Gabby is ok there but she’s been needed in backline this year and we need some quick, mobile forwards who can keep ball inside F50).