Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  442
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1037

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022/2023

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Geez Tom Morris at it again with the headline “Danni dumped”, she never had the job, she applied. You can’t be dumped from a job you never had !
    I’m sure even Danni would be upset about that headline but what does Tom care ?
    He is the absolute gutter of journalism.
    He puts the person who didn’t get the job above the person who did.
    Careful. Landmines all over the place, here. Our Club is in the Court of Appeal over issues that are more likely than not to have arisen should Laidley have been appointed. Governance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    Careful. Landmines all over the place, here. Our Club is in the Court of Appeal over issues that are more likely than not to have arisen should Laidley have been appointed. Governance.
    Surely you're not serious DM, that's a seriously archaic mentality.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how to unpack this one.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how my post has anything to do with a case of 40 years ago.
    It’s about a Tom Morris headline that degrades Laidley insinuating she was dumped and also degrades respect for the winning applicant.
    Bring back the biff

5. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Tamara. Hopefully she’s what the club needs. Lord knows it’s a massive job ahead of her, coming from a long way back.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it was the right selection but I do wonder what sort of boost in profile and membership we might have got if we had selected Laidley.
    Any boost in profile would have been a sugar hit only especially if our poor on field performance did not improve.

The club absolutely had to nail this appointment and hopefully we have.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes ledge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Surely you're not serious DM, that's a seriously archaic mentality.
    A judgment of a touch under $6 mil is practically existential. If the Court of Appeal doesn't either dismiss the judgment or substantially reduce the damages, it could be back to tin rattling. All the more reason for the Club to tread carefully in appointments.
    Last edited by D Mitchell; 18-02-2024 at 06:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

People, we have a AFLW 2024 thread

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...990-Afl-w-2024
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't know how to unpack this one.
    Yes, a bit too obscurely presented. "Landmines" is the competing rights of Laidley's life choices and the Club's need for caution, indeed its obligations to its members, in its appointments in the light of Supreme Court's finding that it was foreseeable that a child spectator at the Western Oval would be sexually abused by a club volunteer. Extrapolating, is it foreseeable that a person with a history of violence against women and stalking might abuse a young woman footballer, not a spectator to spectator, but as paid employee to employee ? Let's hope that the Court of Appeal applies more common sense. Apols. for turning an explanation into a rant !

Post Thanks / Like

With the greatest of respect, how on earth could anybody with a recent (and very long) history of violence against women and rampant drug use even be in the frame for such a critical appointment being directly in charge of our female players?

I have zero interest in the private lives of any adult, but the welfare of our players should be of upmost priority over anything else. The notion that generating press and PR for the club is as important a consideration as player welfare is a ludicrous one (thankfully, nobody on this thread or at the club has asserted this, only the usual media deadshits).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Thanks D Mitchell thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a bit too obscurely presented. "Landmines" is the competing rights of Laidley's life choices and the Club's need for caution, indeed its obligations to its members, in its appointments in the light of Supreme Court's finding that it was foreseeable that a child spectator at the Western Oval would be sexually abused by a club volunteer. Extrapolating, is it foreseeable that a person with a history of violence against women and stalking might abuse a young woman footballer, not a spectator to spectator, but as paid employee to employee ? Let's hope that the Court of Appeal applies more common sense. Apols. for turning an explanation into a rant !
    I still don’t see how my post about Tom Morris claiming Laidley was dumped when Laidley clearly wasn’t dumped as Laidley never had the job in the first place.
    Media has always posted the headline as who got the coaching job not who didn’t. Why didn’t he headline Groves didn’t get the job , he was our last premiership coach.
    It’s Toms backhand whack to have a go at the club again.
    My post was about how Morris spun it as a negative against the dogs and not headline Tamara appointed coach.
    Headline should have read Tamara gets dogs job and go into her way up then mention who she was up against in the final decision.
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I still don’t see how my post about Tom Morris claiming Laidley was dumped when Laidley clearly wasn’t dumped as Laidley never had the job in the first place.
    Media has always posted the headline as who got the coaching job not who didn’t. Why didn’t he headline Groves didn’t get the job , he was our last premiership coach.
    It’s Toms backhand whack to have a go at the club again.
    My post was about how Morris spun it as a negative against the dogs and not headline Tamara appointed coach.
    Headline should have read Tamara gets dogs job and go into her way up then mention who she was up against in the final decision.
    I'm more interested in the subject of the Article than the author. In that sense, you were the Johnno of the Moorcroft mark, the Johnson of the Hobbs' screamer, the Jenkins of the "Jesaulenko, you beauty" (even more reason to give Ukraine our unused Bushmasters, eh ?). Insofar as all those half forwards who used me as a step ladder all those years ago should apologise, my apologies.

At one stage, there were more accredited footy journalists than political journalists, perhaps that's still the case. Don't be too hard on them, youngsters trying to find their way in the world, it's a different world from that (we ?) I faced. I enjoy your posts. Absolutely no offence meant.
    Last edited by D Mitchell; 19-02-2024 at 02:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the words snubbed, brutally dumped etc all over the place it's such click bait and amazingly we don't even pretend the "news" is truth based anymore.

Somehow there's a cohort of people that choose to believe it though.

18. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I've seen the words snubbed, brutally dumped etc all over the place it's such click bait and amazingly we don't even pretend the "news" is truth based anymore.

Somehow there's a cohort of people that choose to believe it though.
    Does anyone really take seriously footy journalists with their adjectives in the superlative form ? Footy journalism is entertainment, perhaps less sophisticated than Panto but still fun. Cost of living, Culture wars, Referenda, Elections, Ukraine, Middle East, mere distractions from life-or-death footy issues.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone really take seriously footy journalists with their adjectives in the superlative form ? Footy journalism is entertainment, perhaps less sophisticated than Panto but still fun. Cost of living, Culture wars, Referenda, Elections, Ukraine, Middle East, mere distractions from life-or-death footy issues.
    Hopefully not too many! I fear the opposite though.