Thanks Thanks:  80
Likes Likes:  141
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 412

Thread: Aflw 2022

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West of somewhere.
    Posts
    4,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think by the end of the game the tickets were well and truly spent.
    Put in a big effort for no reward. Owned that 3rd quarter and got bugger all for it.
    It's going to be tough against freo and I can see up being 0-3.
    Fair. Helps if you have a plan that isn't 'put more and more and more and more and more numbers around the ball and crowd up the 50m area that you need OPEN in order to score, well, what do you expect.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    52,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    I have said this before, but I question the coaching. We have no fluent ball movement, our skills are way down and we just can't score goals. I know there are excuses, but GWS are not exactly the best team going around. Very frustrating game to watch
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have said this before, but I question the coaching. We have no fluent ball movement, our skills are way down and we just can't score goals. I know there are excuses, but GWS are not exactly the best team going around. Very frustrating game to watch
    Are we fit enough?
    #BeMoreBulldog

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    7,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are we fit enough?
    Very good question I thought exactly the same watching the game.
    The Giants girls all looked absolutely ripped.
    Retired from match day thread - Sep 2021 (Sometimes)

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    In the presser Burke said Ellie Blackburn had 2 mins in the centre after half time as she was cooked.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    52,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    After Tomorrow nights game, the Whitten Stand will be demolished, so last chance to see the old stand.

    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  7. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
  8. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are we fit enough?
    I thought we looked fit enough against Melb and kept coming at them, but when the team gets COVID your fitness goes out the window.

    My partner who is a keen runner and had COVID over the NY period has only just started to be able to run 3-5km at a time (she was comfortably doing runs of 10-15km) and she is struggling with her breathing going 1/2 rat power... she would keel over having to run with the intensity footy players do even though her fitness levels would be comparable to the average player.

  9. Thanks The Underdog, azabob thanked for this post
  10. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    52,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Western Bulldogs v Fremantle


    Tuesday 1 February, 7.10pm AEDT - VU Whitten Oval


    B: Naomi Ferres, Katie Lynch
    HB: Isabella Grant, Eleanor Brown, Sarah Hartwig
    C: Isabelle Pritchard, Ellie Blackburn, Jess Fitzgerald
    HF: Gemma Lagioia, Britney Gutknecht, Jemima Woods
    F: Alice Edmonds, Bonnie Toogood
    R: Celine Moody, Elle Bennetts, Kirsty Lamb

    Int: Ashleigh Guest, Elisabeth Georgostathis, Bailey Hunt, Richelle Cranston, Elizabeth Snell

    Emer: Annabel Strahan, Amanda Ling

    Two changes

    This will be a tough one against the ladder leaders
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  11. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In renovator's dreams
    Posts
    5,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I thought we looked fit enough against Melb and kept coming at them, but when the team gets COVID your fitness goes out the window.

    My partner who is a keen runner and had COVID over the NY period has only just started to be able to run 3-5km at a time (she was comfortably doing runs of 10-15km) and she is struggling with her breathing going 1/2 rat power... she would keel over having to run with the intensity footy players do even though her fitness levels would be comparable to the average player.
    You wouldn’t think it speaks well to us being able to run out a 2nd game in 5 days.

  12. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are we fit enough?
    I'm more worried about the skills and decision making in general than the fitness, but this burst of 3 games in 10 or so days will be difficult.

    Only two changes for the next game, will be very tough on those players who are backing up.

    Also as a counter to Mantis, my first run ~10 days after covid diagnosis was a PB 3km time trial. I haven't been able to explain it, but it does show there will still be a lot of variability in the way the team copes.

  13. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
  14. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    1,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Saturday night's game against Richmond has been shifted to Sunday 1.10pm
    This will be the last opportunity to see/photograph the old Whitten stand before it is torn down.

  15. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    1,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Western Bulldogs v Fremantle


    Tuesday 1 February, 7.10pm AEDT - VU Whitten Oval


    B: Naomi Ferres, Katie Lynch
    HB: Isabella Grant, Eleanor Brown, Sarah Hartwig
    C: Isabelle Pritchard, Ellie Blackburn, Jess Fitzgerald
    HF: Gemma Lagioia, Britney Gutknecht, Jemima Woods
    F: Alice Edmonds, Bonnie Toogood
    R: Celine Moody, Elle Bennetts, Kirsty Lamb

    Int: Ashleigh Guest, Elisabeth Georgostathis, Bailey Hunt, Richelle Cranston, Elizabeth Snell

    Emer: Annabel Strahan, Amanda Ling

    Two changes

    This will be a tough one against the ladder leaders
    A lot of inexperience in that team.

    A beautiful night for footy though.

  16. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    1,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Great effort girls to limit freo to 3 scoring shots.
    Keep going.

  17. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    1,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Many a top team has come unstuck at a windy western oval.... just sayin'

  18. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aflw 2022

    Gutsy effort - you can see if we can keep most of these players and clean up the skills a bit we are building something in future seasons. Love the tall blond - Bennetts? And our ruck player pretty good too. Usual culprits Toogood, Lamb, Blackburn doing well. Fitzgerald getting her hands on it a bit which we need too. Freo do not many opportunities and from what Iíve seen of this year are one of the better if not the best team. Very skilled.

    Heart in mouth stuff when Cranston and was it Toogood went for same mark. Thank goodness both ok. For those of you whoíve played whatís the etiquette there, if 2 players and either could mark ball, so you do not KO your own? Leave it to the forward or to player in front?

    Letís keep it up this half - go girls!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •