• Average

8 36.36%
  • Below Average

13 59.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2021: Jordan Sweet 41

Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Jordan Sweet 41

Poor Jordan has had any stats updated on the AFL site and doesn't get a mention in the Western Bulldogs list so he's the player you have when you don't have a player.
    Any way I think Jordan was a little hard done by when Martin went out of the side and he should have been given that time to help develop in the Seniors with so many disruptions to the VFL. For what Stat I can see he was averaging nearly 20 hit outs a game and around 6 hit outs to advantage.
    Which is slightly more than Tim, it's around the ground that Jordan needs to improve on and I'll be nice and say average but he needs to prove himself and to push Martin out of the side.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Intriguing player for us in 2022. I've had reports from 2 people at the club, one of them Dale Morris, that Sweet has had an impressive off season and that he should be one of the improvers for us this year. His fitness has improved.

We lack a lot of depth at the ruck position with Stef Martin struggling last year to get on the ground consistently and it appears Bevo would prefer English to play more as a forward so the timing couldn't be better for Sweet to put his best foot forward.
    I've heard he is also working on his forward craft with the aim of clunking a mark or two up forward and to learn how to block defenders out of marking contests being his primary focus.

He's below average at the moment in my assessment but he could easily make a big impression on all of us by the end of the season.
    A player with plenty of upside in a side with not a lot of depth at his natural position is a good incentive for Sweet.
    After a few seasons he will really get his chances in 2022 and he just needs to make the most of them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have rated him as below average at this stage. He may have some potential, but at this stage he hasn't shown it.

He needs to not only improve his ruck work, but also his around the ground play. He has a great opportunity to cement himself into the number one ruck roll if he can get the basics right.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet has potential but he needs to work a lot on his fitness. I put him down as below average.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is too early to tell given the limited exposure at AFL level. He’s looked both competent and off the pace in the games he’s played and from what I’ve seen at VFL level, he’s looked dominant and also gone missing at times. Needs to split time with Stef in the first ruck role this year, ideally pushing him out of the team by round 23.

9. Likes josie, EasternWest, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't rate anything other than below average, but hopefully by the end of the year he has at least lifted himself to average.

I like his competitive nature, kicking skills and marking ability. Continuing to build strength and fitness will make a big impact on his ability to be our #1 ruck - which is what he should be aiming for.

11. Likes GVGjr, josie, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone else recall him kicking at least 2 possibly a few more snaps from close to goal line in the vfl? I can and what impressed me was his quick thinking and mobility in a cramped situation for such a big chap. When I saw those passages I thought he does have something to work with.

Apart from being competitive in the ruck I think he needs to impact around the ground more. I think he has the willpower and the aggression required, let’s just hope he has the stamina to improve. If he does what a bonus that will be for us. I voted below average but reckon he will prove to be average and with a bit of luck above average.

13. Likes GVGjr, Bullies, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly needs as many AFL minutes as possible and from what I hear his going to get them, sounds like the club is gonna be working with mostly a Sweet/English ruck combo this year and bring Martin in for the real tough battles (Gawn, Grundy etc) - Kinda how GWS did with Mummy last season.

Kid has shown glimpses at both levels, I rate his tap work better than English, and his shown his got some skill at VFL. I really want him to make it because god knows we need a good ruck.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

15. Likes Testekill, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His actual ruck craft is solid, far superior to English IMO.

Unfortunately his fitness has been well below standard.

Big year for him but I could see him becoming a slightly better than average ruck - he's big, aggressive, skills are fine and has nice craft.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    His actual ruck craft is solid, far superior to English IMO.

Unfortunately his fitness has been well below standard.

Big year for him but I could see him becoming a slightly better than average ruck - he's big, aggressive, skills are fine and has nice craft.
    His fitness level has supposedly improved a fair bit so there is a spot for him if he is good enough.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ruck is a very difficult position - there are some superstars who bring unique skillsets to the position, and then some very experienced, battle hardened veterans who are not easy to play against for 20 year olds.

Sweet showed a lot in his games last year and hopefully he can build upon that and take a big step forward

19. Likes GVGjr, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    His fitness level has supposedly improved a fair bit so there is a spot for him if he is good enough.
    Is he flying?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Is he flying?
    Borderline flying
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Borderline flying
    Is he training the house down?
    "It's over. It's all over."