Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think we could also add Vandermeer to that list as well.
    Our player development focus this season will be an important factor on how we perform.

    New boys Webb and Spangher have a bit to work with along with Maddocks, Edge and Varcoe.
    Absolutely, Vander belongs on that list

    The piece stated the somewhat obvious - we've never had more key position forward potential on the list but its potential - and guarantees are few and far between at AFL level

    Im trying to think of what trios even rival it - maybe Chris Grant, Adrian Campbell and Ilja Grgic ?

    But difficult positions for kids to play and its hard to imagine Darcy will be physically ready in 2022

  2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Absolutely, Vander belongs on that list

    The piece stated the somewhat obvious - we've never had more key position forward potential on the list but its potential - and guarantees are few and far between at AFL level

    Im trying to think of what trios even rival it - maybe Chris Grant, Adrian Campbell and Ilja Grgic ?

    But difficult positions for kids to play and its hard to imagine Darcy will be physically ready in 2022
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Darcy get a couple of games later in the year... as a defender
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillside. (carn the sharks)
    Posts
    3,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think we could also add Vandermeer to that list as well.
    Our player development focus this season will be an important factor on how we perform.

    New boys Webb and Spangher have a bit to work with along with Maddocks, Edge and Varcoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Absolutely, Vander belongs on that list

    The piece stated the somewhat obvious - we've never had more key position forward potential on the list but its potential - and guarantees are few and far between at AFL level

    Im trying to think of what trios even rival it - maybe Chris Grant, Adrian Campbell and Ilja Grgic ?

    But difficult positions for kids to play and its hard to imagine Darcy will be physically ready in 2022
    I'd also throw Bailey Smith onto that list as well after his finals campaign last year. Then that list has some real legitimacy as the best young forward line in comp for sure.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

  6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Well I don't think any other list has a pick 1 and pick 2 key position player on their list, plus arguably the most exciting young key position player in the comp. And Cody has shown his abilities as a small forward are on the pathway to elite.

    So yeh, I think a discussion that it has the most potential is fair - but as a side competing for a flag we want more than potential.

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Inner west
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Add Smith and English to that suggested forward mix and you have many of our recent first round draft picks all playing/contributing up forward!
    Western Bulldogs 2022 - where talent sets the floor, (but) character sets the ceiling (Bill Belichick)

  9. Likes josie liked this post
  10. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Well I don't think any other list has a pick 1 and pick 2 key position player on their list.
    We have two pick 2 KPPs - Schache and Darcy.
    IIRC the last team to have a pick 1 & 2 in the forwardline was St Kilda with Riewoldt and Kosi, a team that were a bad bounce away from winning a flag.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  11. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    6,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We have two pick 2 KPPs - Schache and Darcy.
    IIRC the last team to have a pick 1 & 2 in the forwardline was St Kilda with Riewoldt and Kosi, a team that were a bad bounce away from winning a flag.
    You can probably throw the Hawks with Buddy and Roughead 2 and 5 as a close enough comparison also.

    Getting the two quality tall forwards coming through together is a massive asset.
    Retired from match day thread - Sep 2021

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Palm Cove, Cairns FNQ
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have they gone too Early

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They are talking potential
    As we all know, potential doesn't equal flags, but hey having the best midfield and forward line is not too bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •