Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 signings

Post Thanks / Like

4 signings

The Bulldogs have announced 4 new contracts

Bulldogs’ premiership utility Toby McLean has agreed to terms on a contract extension that will see him remain at Whitten Oval until the end of the 2023 season.

Having recently recovered from a second ACL reconstruction, McLean has showed plenty of promise in recent VFL fixtures, displaying resilience and leadership throughout a challenging campaign.

The 26-year-old has played 95 games across his eight seasons at the Kennel, managing 62 goals and an elusive premiership victory in 2016.

McLean will be joined by a trio of emerging Bulldogs in re-committing to the Club, seeing Riley Garcia, Cody Raak and Robbie McComb all putting pen to paper on new deals.

Garcia has impressed since being selected at pick 62 in the 2019 National Draft, rewarded with a two-year extension.

Read more here
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks bornadog, azabob thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 4 signings

One year deals for McLean, Raak and McComb, 2 years for Garcia.

Axe, if you can work your magic it would be appreciated.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man those better be rookie deals for McComb and Raak.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Bulldogs have announced 4 new contracts

Bulldogs’ premiership utility Toby McLean has agreed to terms on a contract extension that will see him remain at Whitten Oval until the end of the 2023 season.

Having recently recovered from a second ACL reconstruction, McLean has showed plenty of promise in recent VFL fixtures, displaying resilience and leadership throughout a challenging campaign.

The 26-year-old has played 95 games across his eight seasons at the Kennel, managing 62 goals and an elusive premiership victory in 2016.

McLean will be joined by a trio of emerging Bulldogs in re-committing to the Club, seeing Riley Garcia, Cody Raak and Robbie McComb all putting pen to paper on new deals.

Garcia has impressed since being selected at pick 62 in the 2019 National Draft, rewarded with a two-year extension.

Read more here
    Well I'm getting the popcorn.

Happy with Garcia and McLean, not fussed about the other two. I mean, Cody Raak's old man is a flog, but sins of the father etc.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So where’s West ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m also wondering if the McLean re-signing has any implication on Dunkley. He would’ve been right on the roster bubble.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’m also wondering if the McLean re-signing has any implication on Dunkley. He would’ve been right on the roster bubble.
    Seems we have way bigger names still unsigned which is a worry
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Well I'm getting the popcorn.

Happy with Garcia and McLean, not fussed about the other two. I mean, Cody Raak's old man is a flog, but sins of the father etc.
    What's the deal with Raak's old man being a flog? Has he done something specific to earn that title, or is it a general vibe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Seems we have way bigger names still unsigned which is a worry
    On the flip side, the club has so far managed the re-signing of several stars this year quite well. If it was a worry at the start of the season, I'd say it's less of a worry now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    What's the deal with Raak's old man being a flog? Has he done something specific to earn that title, or is it a general vibe?
    I too am curious about this comment
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I too am curious about this comment
    You can check his Twitter if you like. He's a big fan of Ron de Santis among a number of other cooked units.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Thanks hujsh, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garcia is the important signing out of the four, with Tobias the next in line in terms of being happy to see him on the list.
    Big years coming up for both, McLean has a chance to get fully fit and put his career back on track, he is a very capable player and seems well loved by the players and staff. Garcia has shown plenty early on, he is going to offer us a real point of difference with his pace, offensive flair and hard running.

McComb is full scale meat and potatoes, just outside the level but I appreciate his efforts, mostly.

18. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah McComb was obviously going to get another year. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play 5 games next year though.

Happy to see the rest retained (Raak is a free hit so no harm in keeping him on)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah McComb was obviously going to get another year. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play 5 games next year though.

Happy to see the rest retained (Raak is a free hit so no harm in keeping him on)
    Mcturnover, I mean McComb is backup only
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes josie, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's a bit of a legend in the Central Highlands League. Coached / Played for Hepburn for ages and got them to a premiership.

Clive.

He was a bit loose in Melton as a younger guy for sure. His brother Mark is president of Caroline Springs where Brodie Holland is coach and Brian Lake plays. That was Cody's junior club.