Thanks Thanks:  70
Likes Likes:  146
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2022

Injury Update | Round 20

Caleb Daniel, Adam Treloar and Taylor Duryea will all face tests ahead of a bumper clash against the Cats on Saturday night at GMHBA Stadium.

Daniel and Duryea have both been recovering from different knee issues and will return to full training this week.

“Caleb and Taylor have recovered really well following their knee injuries,” Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.

“Both are in the final stages of their rehab and have both worked extremely hard to get back to full capacity.

“Both will come back into full training this week and if they tick our final boxes, both will put their hand up for selection.”

Treloar was subbed off during the final quarter of the victory over Melbourne on Saturday, with his availability to be determined later in the week.

“Adam came from the ground in the fourth quarter with low-level calf tightness,” Bell said.

“We didn’t want to take any risks with Adam, so we substituted him out of the game.”

“We will work through a process with Adam this week to determine his availability.”

Injury list

Caleb Daniel (knee): test
    Taylor Duryea (knee): test
    Anthony Scott (concussion): test
    Adam Treloar (calf): test
    Hayden Crozier (ankle): 1-2 weeks
    Charlie Parker (hamstring): 2-3 weeks
    Mitch Wallis (foot): season

2. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a pretty good injury list and outlook. Bell is normally conservative with his predictions. Off the back of that I would expect most of those facing a test to play this weekend in the AFL or VFL.

4. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    That is a pretty good injury list and outlook. Bell is normally conservative with his predictions. Off the back of that I would expect most of those facing a test to play this weekend in the AFL or VFL.
    Almost a full deck - I take back everything bad I said about our injury management.

6. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah with Crozier, Wallis and Parker the only ones out, we probably have our best 22 if not 26 to choose from at round 20. I’m getting 2016 vibes!
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

8. Likes bornadog, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Almost a full deck - I take back everything bad I said about our injury management.
    It takes until round 20 to have a full squad to pick from... I'm over the moon with excitement.

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It takes until round 20 to have a full squad to pick from... I'm over the moon with excitement.
    Timing your run with fitness is important but our injuries have stuffed us this and last year. Why can't we prevent injuries like Melbourne seems to?

Post Thanks / Like

Injury Update | Round 21

Anthony Scott and Hayden Crozier will face tests ahead of a possible return to football this weekend.

The pair have missed multiple weeks due to injury, with Scott turning a corner over continued concussion symptoms.

Anthony suffered some ongoing low-level concussion symptoms since his head knock in Sydney,” Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.

“Although he has been able to keep himself fit, we have avoided heavy contact work.”

“He is now symptom free and feeling back to his best.”

“He will work with the doctors this week as he progresses back into contact, and we will make a decision on his availability following our main session on Thursday.”

Crozier suffered an ankle injury in the VFL a month ago and has progressed steadily through rehab.

“We couldn’t be happier with how he has progressed over the last two weeks since coming out of the CAM boot,” Bell said.

“He will start to integrate back into training this week and we will determine if he returns to playing this weekend or next.”

Adam Treloar continues to battle a calf complaint and will need to get through main training this Thursday before the Club rules on his availability.

“Adam suffered some calf tightness in the game against Melbourne,” Bell said

“He still wasn’t 100% during his fitness test last Thursday, so was unavailable for selection.”

“We will again assess Adam as this week progresses and make a call on his availability towards the back end of the week.”

Injury list

Adam Treloar (calf): test
    Hayden Crozier (ankle): test
    Charlie Parker (hamstring): 1-3 weeks

13. Thanks bornadog, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo has mentioned that both Bontempelli and Treloar training today to be considered to play Freo. Treloar with a calf and Bont is crook. Both trained though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bevo has mentioned that both Bontempelli and Treloar training today to be considered to play Freo. Treloar with a calf and Bont is crook. Both trained though.
    Sorry Bont but we need you this week, I'll wheel you out on your deathbed myself if I have to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Sorry Bont but we need you this week, I'll wheel you out on your deathbed myself if I have to.
    I miss heard it, it's a cork not crook. Seems he will be fine.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We can't use injuries as an excuse https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1193554/

Injury list

Anthony Scott (concussion) – test
    Ryan Gardner (calf) – test
    Jason Johannisen (ankle) – test
    Buku Khamis (concussion) – 1 week
    Charlie Parker (hamstring) – 1-2 weeks
    Mitch Wallis (foot) – season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    We can't use injuries as an excuse https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1193554/

Injury list

Anthony Scott (concussion) – test
    Ryan Gardner (calf) – test
    Jason Johannisen (ankle) – test
    Buku Khamis (concussion) – 1 week
    Charlie Parker (hamstring) – 1-2 weeks
    Mitch Wallis (foot) – season
    Except for the ongoing effects of those returning after the bye.

Post Thanks / Like

The most significant injury atm is Bont's adductor. These injuries are prone to further injury, take over 12 weeks to overcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The most significant injury atm is Bont's adductor. These injuries are prone to further injury, take over 12 weeks to overcome.
    That and DeGoey's hip flexor.

21. Likes josie, boydogs, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

INJURY UPDATE l Round 23

Several players across the rehabilitation group will be monitored this week before assessing their return to availability.

Buku Khamis suffered a head knock in the VFL a week ago and is recovering well during the concussion protocol period.

The defender completed a session over the weekend and will be assessed during main training to determine his availability.

Jason Johannisen continues to recover from an ankle injury suffered at training a fortnight ago.

A decision on Johannisen’s return to play plan will be made later this week.

Pleasingly, the Club has come away with no serious injury concerns from the weekend’s victory against GWS.

Injury List

Hayden Crozier (ankle): test
    Jason Johannisen (ankle): test
    Buku Khamis (concussion): test
    Charlie Parker (hamstring): 1-2 weeks
    Dom Bedendo (knee): 1-2 weeks