Thanks Thanks:  70
Likes Likes:  146
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If my math is right he’s out for the Lions game too.
    I believe you can be cleared to play on the 12th day following the concussion, which is next Thursday when we play the Lions. So it will depend on his symptoms but technically he should be eligible to play.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Can't take a trick with injuries to key players.

I guess Sweet is in then.
    Yep it is extremely frustrating. We certainly have been hit with injuries again. Be great to have a season when we get few injuries to key personnel.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It was a dirty tackle. From a dirty player. From a filthy dirty club. So angry.

All the best for a speedy recovery TIm. Hopefully it is only a week. He was in such good form.

Post Thanks / Like

Pruess was given a week before reports came out that English has a delayed concussion. It said it was medium impact so it warranted 1 week.

Now in light of the new evidence of Tim's delayed concussion, the incident should be re assessed and upgraded to high impact and a greater suspension given.

I know the point is moot anyway because he is injured but it's and interesting situation imo. GWS would've provided evidence from a neurosurgeon if it was the other way around.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes SquirrelGrip, bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If my math is right he’s out for the Lions game too.
    Definitely out for the Lions match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Definitely out for the Lions match.
    No he's not. As I said earlier in the thread you can play on the 12th day. This has been repeated in various media articles.

Whether he will play is another story (although Bevo said yesterday he expects him to play), but he is 100% available if passed by the medicos.

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Dr Pearce’s view, English should miss up to a month because of his history of head knocks.

“I am not judging or criticising the Bulldogs’ medical staff but, given his history, I am sure that he will be monitored closely and more conservatively, given his recovery was longer last year. He missed quite a few games. That is important to state ...,” Dr Pearce said.

“I appreciate the pressures of professional sport, but a couple of extra weeks rest could potentially extend his career by four or five years. We see so many young guys retiring … coming back relatively early from brain trauma and retiring too soon, prematurely in their careers.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...21-p5ave7.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In Dr Pearce’s view, English should miss up to a month because of his history of head knocks.

“I am not judging or criticising the Bulldogs’ medical staff but, given his history, I am sure that he will be monitored closely and more conservatively, given his recovery was longer last year. He missed quite a few games. That is important to state ...,” Dr Pearce said.

“I appreciate the pressures of professional sport, but a couple of extra weeks rest could potentially extend his career by four or five years. We see so many young guys retiring … coming back relatively early from brain trauma and retiring too soon, prematurely in their careers.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...21-p5ave7.html
    Thanks Dr Pearce, I think you will find English missed four weeks last year with a head knock. I am fully expecting him to miss four to five games due to this latest knock.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

This from the clubs twitter feed

Josh Bruce has suffered a minor setback in his return to AFL, experiencing some hamstring tightness at training this week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This from the clubs twitter feed

Josh Bruce has suffered a minor setback in his return to AFL, experiencing some hamstring tightness at training this week.
    Western Bulldogs Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell, said the Club would take a cautious approach with Bruce.

“Josh suffered some low-level hamstring tightness in the main session yesterday,” Bell said.

“Having been in rehab for a long period of time, we don’t want to take any risks and he won’t play this weekend.”

“We will assess Josh for the following week.”
    That's a shame, will put Josh's return to AFL back by at least a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That's a shame, will put Josh's return to AFL back by at least a week.
    It's a touch one, most likely needs another 2 weeks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I actually got the impression after Beveridge press conference yesterday that Bruce was a 50/50 chance to play AFL this week.

Hopefully the set back is only minor.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be counting on Bruce too much this year reading that. I remember when Murph came back his return year was mostly spent dealing with soft tissue injuries as part of the ACL hangover.

Please take what I say as 100% fact given my medical background of not having one

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I wouldn't be counting on Bruce too much this year reading that. I remember when Murph came back his return year was mostly spent dealing with soft tissue injuries as part of the ACL hangover.

Please take what I say as 100% fact given my medical background of not having one
    Don't they use some hammy to make the new knee ligament?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Don't they use some hammy to make the new knee ligament?
    Given my medical background I'll say maybe