Thanks Thanks:  70
Likes Likes:  146
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2022

Good to go: Bont overcomes injury in time for elimination bout

Marcus Bontempelli will line up in the elimination final against Fremantle despite being bothered by "a niggle or two" in recent weeks

WESTERN Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli has fully recovered from the adductor injury that hampered him in recent weeks, declaring himself fit for the elimination final against Fremantle.

Bontempelli had been troubled by what Luke Beveridge called "a niggle or two" and met with the coach and medical boss Chris Bell earlier this month to plot a course towards September.

The 26-year-old was cleared to play the last two rounds of the home and away season and gave important contributions in wins over Greater Western Sydney and Hawthorn as the Bulldogs snuck into the top eight.

The pre-finals bye has since worked in Bontempelli's favour, with the break priming him for a big role in next weekend's clash with Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

"It wasn't as bad as what was put out ... it was more of an overload result from a corkie the previous week," Bontempelli told reporters on Friday when asked about the adductor injury.

"He (Beveridge) was correct in the fact that we had a bit of a sit down and a chat about it.

"I know where my body's at so it was a good discussion around it but I'm feeling pretty good and I'm definitely over the adductor stuff now, which is good.

"I've found, like every year, you're dealing with different things and probably everyone is across the League at this point.

"The pre-finals bye does present that opportunity to freshen your mind and your body up and get set to go for another finals series."

While Bontempelli will play against Fremantle, teammate Jason Johannisen faces a race against time to be passed fit.

The 2016 Norm Smith medallist has played seven games since overcoming a calf injury that ruled him out of the first half of the season but has missed the last three rounds with an ankle complaint.

"He's tracking well and I think he has one or two speed-based parameters to tick off, but the good thing is we've got the time for that," Bontempelli said.

"I think he'll definitely be in the window to hopefully play.

"When you consider his speed and efficiency and effectiveness with the ball, it gives our front half a bit more potency with the mix that's up there.

"He's an experienced player, so it just adds that layer of maturity and he's a pretty dynamic player."

The Bulldogs trained at Port Melbourne's ETU Stadium on Friday and will use temporary bases throughout their finals campaign while the Whitten Oval playing surface is being revamped as part of a major redevelopment.

2. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely they could've timed the surface redevelopment better. We are in the finals and training at alternative grounds isn't ideal you would think
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Surely they could've timed the surface redevelopment better. We are in the finals and training at alternative grounds isn't ideal you would think
    Perhaps the change in surrounds will not hurt. Sometimes the routine can become stale so different ovals not too far from home base might break up the mundane. Thinking positively Bevo seems to relish and often be successful with revving up the boys with the backs against the wall, hurdles to jump messaging. Let’s hope it becomes part of the fabric of RWB folklore.

Also I think Gvgjr or BAD said it’s a case of disruption now or early next season.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund
    @Sammy__Edmund

A real blow for the Western Bulldogs with Tom Liberatore now in major doubt for the elimination final with a hamstring injury. Fyfe ruled out yesterday and now Libba in strife with his own hamstring issue. Cruel game at times. Liberatore had played every game this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Sam Edmund
    @Sammy__Edmund

A real blow for the Western Bulldogs with Tom Liberatore now in major doubt for the elimination final with a hamstring injury. Fyfe ruled out yesterday and now Libba in strife with his own hamstring issue. Cruel game at times. Liberatore had played every game this year.
    oh fnck
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo has confirmed. Libba out. Will not make the trip to Perth. In doubt beyond that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo has confirmed. Libba out. Will not make the trip to Perth. In doubt beyond that too.
    Awful news.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

no, no, no.

Feel for the players missing out due to injury. Libba an important cog in our midfield.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Just about our most important player despite being ancient. This is a real blow.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone going to ask the question on how or why our most important player pinged a hammy at training? Not the first soft tissue injury from training this year, we've had quite a few

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Is anyone going to ask the question on how or why our most important player pinged a hammy at training? Not the first soft tissue injury from training this year, we've had quite a few
    I've injured my hamstring doing line work one year. Never injured it again. It could very easily just be a bit of bad luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've injured my hamstring doing line work one year. Never injured it again. It could very easily just be a bit of bad luck
    Absolutely it could be bad luck. I live in a Bulldog bubble and have pretty much no knowledge of what happens at other clubs, all I know is that we've had 3 - 4 soft tissues from training, maybe more.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Absolutely it could be bad luck. I live in a Bulldog bubble and have pretty much no knowledge of what happens at other clubs, all I know is that we've had 3 - 4 soft tissues from training, maybe more.
    Yep, I asked the question earlier this year after Keath and English did a soft tissue. Was advised it was an isolated incident.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

It sucks - Libba is so important. Let’s hope this gives West, Garcia or both increased chance if selection and some time as mids- reckon they’ll both do ok. Dunkley has been really good last few games, and Treloar in last game too, so more time for the two besties to shine in midfield too.