Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Injury List

McComb (ribs) – Test
    Cordy (concussion) – 1 week
    Johannisen (calf) – 2 weeks
    Bruce (knee) – 4 months
    McLean (knee) – 4 months
    Darcy (foot) – indefinite
    It's a reasonable list. We already knew that Bruce and McLean wouldn't be available until much later in the season.

Mitcha is right, do we need to put an APB on Parker? Of all the new additions to the team this year I was really looking forward to seeing him play.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a reasonable list. We already knew that Bruce and McLean wouldn't be available until much later in the season.

Mitcha is right, do we need to put an APB on Parker? Of all the new additions to the team this year I was really looking forward to seeing him play.
    I wonder what is happening with Parker.

Based on the list, JJ back in a couple of weeks, and Bruce and Mclean ready for August - could be handy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what is happening with Parker.

Based on the list, JJ back in a couple of weeks, and Bruce and Mclean ready for August - could be handy
    We thought his name was Charlie, but I think it is Spiderman (Peter) and he must have more important things to do.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Scott was on RSN's the Breakfast Club this morning (click here to listen: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=979115). He spoke how he fractured his eye socket a month out from Round 1 and had surgery to put a metal plate in.

Am I the only one who missed this?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

5. Thanks Ghost Dog, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Made this call in late Feb and unfortunately I am looking to be correct.

He is looking worse and worse as each week goes by.
    Who is Keith
    No wonder he looks shot... it's not him!
    Looks like it's not just Comrade who can apply some genuine kiss of death commentary - luckily.

The last few weeks of preseason are desperately important for players to get up to speed, especially as they age. He will work into the season and be fine.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Anthony Scott was on RSN's the Breakfast Club this morning (click here to listen: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=979115). He spoke how he fractured his eye socket a month out from Round 1 and had surgery to put a metal plate in.

Am I the only one who missed this?
    It is mentioned in an article earlier in the thread but I guess since he's a low profile player and was expected to still be available for round 1 nobody took much notice.

8. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Looks like it's not just Comrade who can apply some genuine kiss of death commentary - luckily.

The last few weeks of preseason are desperately important for players to get up to speed, especially as they age. He will work into the season and be fine.
    You were saying?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You were saying?
    Zing
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Zing
    I couldn’t help myself.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn’t help myself.
    Nor should you.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you want the bad news or the bad news...

Injury Update – Round 5

Laith Vandermeer, Alex Keath and Dom Bedendo are all set for stints on the sidelines after sustaining injuries over the past week.

Vandermeer suffered hamstring tightness during the Bulldogs’ 38-point loss to Richmond on Saturday and will miss multiple weeks.

“Scans have confirmed a low-grade injury to the hamstring muscle,” Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.

“At this stage, I anticipate that Laitham will miss the next two weeks before integrating back into training.”

Alex Keath continues to rehab a hamstring injury that will see the key defender sidelined for at least a month.

“At training last week, Alex Keath suffered a moderate grade hamstring injury,” Bell said.

“We will gradually re-load Alex over the next 3 weeks before integrating him back into training.”

“I expect Alex to be looking to make a return to playing in about 4-6 weeks.”

Mitch Hannan was a late out against Richmond and will be a test this week to face North Melbourne.

“Hannan became unwell during the back end of last week and couldn’t pull on the jumper over the weekend,” Bell said.

“He is on the improve, but will be monitored by our doctors throughout this week to determine if he is in line to return to full training and availability.”

Anthony Scott sustained some blurred vision during the third quarter of Saturday’s game and was subsequently ruled out for the final term.

His vision has returned to normal and will be monitored by doctors this week to confirm his availability.

Jordon Sweet received a head knock during the VFL game on Saturday and this caused some concussion symptoms.

Sweet will enter our concussion protocol that will guide his return to play.

Dom Bendendo has had surgery on a fractured wrist after landing heavily in a tackle in the VFL.

From a rehab group perspective, both Josh Bruce and Toby McLean have come on leaps and bounds in their recovery from ACL injuries.

“Both are building continuity in training loads and starting to integrate into low level training drills,” Bell said.

“Our current plan has Josh on track for a return in mid-June and Toby shortly after in early July.

Jason Johanissen continues to rehab a calf injury but is still a number of weeks away from returning to training.

“Johannisen’s recovery from his calf injury is slower than we hoped for,” Bell said.

“He is back into some running, and we are working on his calf durability.”

“We tentatively have him returning to full training in the next 3 weeks.”

Sam Darcy is continuing to make stride in his recovery from a bone stress injury in his foot and could return to limited minutes in the coming months.

“Our current focus with Sam at the moment has been improving the resilience and strength of the bones in his feet,” Bell said.

“He has recommenced running over the last few weeks, and so far he has absorbed these loads well.”

“Once Sam has progressed to a level ready for playing, we will plan for reduced minutes in the VFL.”

INJURY LIST

Mitch Hannan (illness): Test
    Jordon Sweet (concussion): 1 week
    Laith Vandermeer (hamstring): 2-3 weeks
    Dominic Bedendo (hand) 2-3 weeks
    Jason Johannisen (calf): 3-4 weeks
    Alex Keath (hamstring): 4-6 weeks
    Sam Darcy (foot): 6-8 weeks
    Josh Bruce (ACL): 8-12 weeks
    Toby McLean (ACL): 10-12 weeks

17. Thanks I'm Not Bitter Anymore!, GVGjr, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's looking like a pretty bleak year. Ideally our tall defenders are Keath and Gardner with O'Brien intercepting but we're probably not going to have that until the bye. JJ was having a really positive preseason in a new position and he's a month away as well.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s going to be a long, cold winter

Post Thanks / Like

Calf injuries are always an issue.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Calf injuries are always an issue.
    Especially when there's a bleed on the calf, that always reoccurres.