Thanks Thanks:  70
Likes Likes:  146
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I don't think Hunter will be going on the LTI. I feel like Sam Darcy is our best chance at a mid-season draft pick, outside of an unexpected season-ending injury. Feet are so hard to get right and I wouldn't be surprised to see him suffer a setback that leads to the medical team making the call to rest for the year.

Obviously I hope he gets fit and plays some games instead!

Worst case scenario is a season-ending injury the week after the mid-season draft.
    Do you think Garcia possibly will be an LTI JD?. The vagueness of his public diagnosis makes you wonder how bad it really might be.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d rather Darcy get 3-4 VFL games than a dart throw at pick 16 in the MSD. Especially given the state of our seconds listed players.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Do you think Garcia possibly will be an LTI JD?. The vagueness of his public diagnosis makes you wonder how bad it really might be.
    What is vague about the diagnosis, seems fairly concise to me? They just are hesitant to put a definitive timeline on it at this stage given he has already had an ACL on the same knee.

Scans confirmed the 21-year-old has damaged some cartilage in his right knee after landing awkwardly in a contest during the second term.

Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell, says the youngster will begin rehab this week before the Club decides on a return to play date.

“Riley landed awkwardly from a contest in the second quarter and jarred his knee,” Bell said.

“When assessed during the game he had some catching pain in his knee that impacted his function, so he was removed from the game.

“Scans have confirmed that he has damaged some cartilage in his knee.

“This is the knee that Riley has had issues with in the past, including having an ACL reconstruction in 2019.

“We will progress Riley as symptoms allow over the next 3-4 weeks, and will work towards a definitive return to play timeline following this.”

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What is vague about the diagnosis, seems fairly concise to me? They just are hesitant to put a definitive timeline on it at this stage given he has already had an ACL on the same knee.
    I thought it was vague - doesn't mention any time lines or what part of the knee is damaged (type of cartilage).

I guess that may be normal but maybe my pessimistic side is worried it could be quite a significant injury.

Edit : Here's an example from the AFLW that is clearer for mine :

Western Bulldogs midfielder Aurora Smith will miss the remainder of season 2022, with scans confirming a torn ACL and medial meniscus injury.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 21-04-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think Tom O'Brien counts as a proper key defender.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tim O'Brien

Post Thanks / Like

Tim English will miss multiple weeks after sustaining a hamstring injury at training on Wednesday.

Scans have confirmed the ruckman has suffered a low-grade injury to the hamstring.

“On Wednesday at training, Tim English had the onset of some hamstring tightness,” Western Bulldogs Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.

“MRI and clinical tests have confirmed that he has a low-grade hamstring injury.”

“The Club is working through his return to play plan but expect Tim to miss the next 2-3 games.”

9. Thanks Before I Die, GVGjr, macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two hamstring injuries to two key players both at training.

Wonder if it a coincidence or something else?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

What else could it be?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

It isn't a good case scenario given we always seem to prefer not to have a lot of depth in those ruck and key positions.

The ground surface looks good though but you might be on to something.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What else could it be?
    Too much goal kicking practice. Damages the legs.

14. Likes SquirrelGrip, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Injury update – Tim English

Tim English will miss multiple weeks after sustaining a hamstring injury at training on Wednesday.

Scans have confirmed the ruckman has suffered a low-grade injury to the hamstring.

“On Wednesday at training, Tim English had the onset of some hamstring tightness,” Western Bulldogs Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.

“MRI and clinical tests have confirmed that he has a low-grade hamstring injury.”

“The Club is working through his return to play plan but expect Tim to miss the next 2-3 games.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What else could it be?
    Voodoo.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Sense of irony that our poor list management and neglection of obvious weaknesses (ruck and KPD) has quickly come to bite us with English and Keath out.

Who would have thought, eh?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Sense of irony that our poor list management and neglection of obvious weaknesses (ruck and KPD) has quickly come to bite us with English and Keath out.

Who would have thought, eh?
    Yep. The actual first choice options are very good players but leaving nothing behind them was certainly a choice, especially given both guys missed time last year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yep. The actual first choice options are very good players but leaving nothing behind them was certainly a choice, especially given both guys missed time last year.
    Is this a myth?

Keath out. Other players capable of playing the position include; Gardner, O'Brien, Cordy, Shache and Khamis. I didn't include Naughton in that list. Yes, we lost our best key position defender and he's hard to replace but no club has A graders on standby incase of an injury. Who would you have targeted in the off-season to address this issue?

Likewise, English is out with a hamstring and Martin stepped in with Sweet in reserve. I agree that we're thin in the ruck position. What players do you think would have helped us address this issue during the off-season?

Please don't misinterpret my post as a criticism, rather, I'm genuinely keen to know how could we have addressed this issue in the off-season.

20. Likes bornadog, SquirrelGrip, Before I Die liked this post