12 66.67%
  • Below Average

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Riley Garcia 38

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don't.

HC was much smaller in physical stature which meant his ability to stick a tackle was limited, and he would often get brushed aside. Garcia already shows a willingness & the capability to mix it physically, and he tackles with intent... think his tackle to bring down Oliver late in the Melb game in the wet last year which led to a Bont goal.

Obviously we are stacked with talent in the midfield area, but a workhorse like Garcia is a valuable commodity.
    Yep - Garcia is a bit of a wrecking ball. He hits hard, fast and low and is reasonably quick to get back to his feet.

Type of player that brings 'energy' and I see early-Dahlhaus traits in him.
    W00F!

2. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He is still below average but he can improve. I'm not sure what that one or two attributes he will bring to his game that will make him invaluable for us.
    His read of the game and decision making showed glimpses of being the attributes that could separate him. He looked to have some of the footy nous when crumbing/roving/getting to the drop of the ball.

But needs to keep building his body and get super fit so that he can get to as many contests as possible and then his read/decisions can shine

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of Libba snr so I definitely think he is going to be a regular. When I'm not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Above average for me.

Has pace; has strength. Given he was used as part of the midfield rotations for a while last season is a plus. Ithink he will play a number of games next year

Post Thanks / Like

Needs to tighten up his disposal and decision making under pressure to have a long term future, makes a few errors at critical times. He is a strong competitor though and from all reports dedicated to improving.

I think he’s a 8-12 games in 2022 player and has an opportunity to cement his spot in our forward half if he can add a bit more goal scoring and halving 2:1s to his game. At this stage behind LDM and Cody, and maybe Scott, probably on par with West and McNeil.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post