Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leadership Group 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Previously players would vote in the leadership group. Is this still the case?

This group and even last years 2 man group seem coach driven, rather than player driven.
    Good question, I'm not sure if there has been any change to that process.
    It sort of makes sense to elevate the players the balance of the list thinks will do the best job.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Actually Dunks is an interesting omission.
    If Dunks signs beyond this year I think he is a natural to return to the leadership group.
    Hunter is the one of the real leaders at the club and could be returned as one of the leaders soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You can watch him in the link above.

I think it is great Jacko is in the leadership group. He really leads by example and as Bevo says in the announcement, Jacko always wants to win.
    I don't think anyone questions his desire or focus and on the footy field he is always ready to go but he is also a very quiet and low key guy. I know one of the player sponsors was looking to move away from Jacko because on the sponsors night he didn't really engage the group. Personally I don't mind the quiet achievers.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can watch him in the link above.

I think it is great Jacko is in the leadership group. He really leads by example and as Bevo says in the announcement, Jacko always wants to win.
    Yep, I saw the edited version - I still think he's had personal issues off field.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. He wanted to leave us the previous year so too bad. Let him prove he is a club man.
    I guess so but when we kept him we touted him as a future leader am I right in remembering?

Thought he may be in the group before Naughton for example but might be player power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I guess so but when we kept him we touted him as a future leader am I right in remembering?

Thought he may be in the group before Naughton for example but might be player power.
    I wonder if the close bond with Treloar might be a bit off putting for some in the group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder if the close bond with Treloar might be a bit off putting for some in the group.
    It was a whirlwind romance xD

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Naughton in the leadership group.
    This to me is the best part of the leadership group. A young gun whom we will be building our forward line for many years to come. Being part of a leadership group provides buy in and key part of the team moving forward. Great decision.

This club is in great hands. Viva the bulldog revolution

10. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, azabob, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    This to me is the best part of the leadership group. A young gun whom we will be building our forward line for many years to come. Being part of a leadership group provides buy in and key part of the team moving forward. Great decision.

This club is in great hands. Viva the bulldog revolution
    I think it's a reflection of the great work that is done by our talent identification and recruiting teams prior to drafting players.
    While it's not an exact science and there will be the occasional hiccup we seem to have been bringing in not only talented players but talented players with the right attitude and work ethic.
    The ones with the more natural leadership skills in our group tend to thrive in a good and positive environment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hunter is the one of the real leaders at the club and could be returned as one of the leaders soon enough.
    I think when you haven't been in the leadership group it is something to aspire too. But once you have done it, well...it's a lot of extra work for - what exactly?

Hunter is a leader whether he has to attend leadership meetings or not.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Press conference Bont and Jacko - here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think when you haven't been in the leadership group it is something to aspire too. But once you have done it, well...it's a lot of extra work for - what exactly?

Hunter is a leader whether he has to attend leadership meetings or not.
    There are times when you need to step up and I think in some ways the challenge for Hunter is to show what he can actually bring to this playing group. While I understand your point I think he has some unfinished business in terms of leadership and being a vice captain.

Post Thanks / Like

I made an effort to watch Jack Macrae very closely on Saturday and to say I was disgusted with his body language is a massive understatement.

Every mistake he makes he drags his feet along the ground and looks like he is having a sook.

Bevo made reference in his talk on Jacko's appointment on his ability to lead by example and his will to win, but looking on from afar his behavior on the field isn't that of a leader and feel it was a mistake to put him in this leadership position.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I made an effort to watch Jack Macrae very closely on Saturday and to say I was disgusted with his body language is a massive understatement.

Every mistake he makes he drags his feet along the ground and looks like he is having a sook.

Bevo made reference in his talk on Jacko's appointment on his ability to lead by example and his will to win, but looking on from afar his behavior on the field isn't that of a leader and feel it was a mistake to put him in this leadership position.

Thoughts?
    I think he is carrying an injury of sorts, as he is out of touch. His body language (I am guessing) is reflecting disappointment in himself for not performing at the level he knows he can. Agree though, when you are in the leadership group, you have to stay positive, otherwise you bring down everyone with you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes josie, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Thoughts?
    I think he's a very quiet guy by nature and I've never thought his body language would scream follow me on match day. Not bad but just not great. I suspect he got the role more around the way he trains and supports others at the club.

Form wise he has dropped in recent weeks and that might be an indicator of why he doesn't look up and about.

I still have some faith in him being a good support for Bontempelli.