Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  163
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice Matches - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Membership department got back to me today and said my membership hasn't been renewed I thought Bulldog for life means they keep taking payments until I say stop which has happened for the last few years.
    Now they are contacting me on Monday to discuss my options. Not happy Jan.
    That really is not good enough
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Membership department got back to me today and said my membership hasn't been renewed I thought Bulldog for life means they keep taking payments until I say stop which has happened for the last few years.
    Now they are contacting me on Monday to discuss my options. Not happy Jan.
    Lame.

I think they start taking money about October?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practise Matches - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Let's face it, we're probably not going back to the level of actual fan engagement we used to get.
    Why not? Now there is actually social media services it should be CAKE to get this done...

Every day we should have a story from training.
    Every week we should have an interview with a player.
    Every week we should have an interview with a coach.
    Every week we should be getting an extended video from training that goes for 5-mins with some commentary from Bevo or one of the senior assistants about what is going on.

I don't actually think any of this would be hard and 90% of it could be shot on an iPhone.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes chef, dog town, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Lame.

I think they start taking money about October?
    I checked back and my last payment was on the 2nd Sept.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Why not? Now there is actually social media services it should be CAKE to get this done...

Every day we should have a story from training.
    Every week we should have an interview with a player.
    Every week we should have an interview with a coach.
    Every week we should be getting an extended video from training that goes for 5-mins with some commentary from Bevo or one of the senior assistants about what is going on.

I don't actually think any of this would be hard and 90% of it could be shot on an iPhone.
    I've got a friend who worked in an AFL digital content/social media team (not bulldogs) for ~8 years, his response:
    "The premise is fair, but the dogs probably have 2-3 people max who work on that sort of thing, were all probably in a hub for months on end last year and have had to stretch themselves across W and M all summer. They'd be absolute toast right now and the M hasn't even started yet.
    No one really wants to hear Anthony Scott's thoughts on how the boys are pretty well set for the nab cup and they're just happy to be playing again after a long summer. You might have a few 100 die hard who hang out for it, but the vast majority aren't even visiting the site or engaging on social.
    You have to put stuff up, but it has to be quality / have a point of difference instead of rolling out the same training shots over and over.
    It could actually be a tactical move from the club to pull back, let their people rest and then get set for the big games starting soon.
    The live stream one is interesting. Think it's a mandatory now - everyone needs to be doing it (and the afl should fund it for those who don't have the resources). Unless Bevo was all edgy about broadcasting and publicising it? All the coaches from the Clarkson school are so paranoid about that stuff it seems
    I think your social is brilliant tbh, Nathan Lay who runs it is a jet and seems to genuinely care about the story he's telling."

7. Thanks Grantysghost, hujsh, Go_Dogs, jeemak, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes soupman, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked back and my last payment was on the 2nd Sept.
    Very odd they’d stop, I’m the same as you I don’t even think about it just rolls over.

Hopefully you get a satisfactory response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I've got a friend who worked in an AFL digital content/social media team (not bulldogs) for ~8 years, his response:
    "The premise is fair, but the dogs probably have 2-3 people max who work on that sort of thing, were all probably in a hub for months on end last year and have had to stretch themselves across W and M all summer. They'd be absolute toast right now and the M hasn't even started yet.
    No one really wants to hear Anthony Scott's thoughts on how the boys are pretty well set for the nab cup and they're just happy to be playing again after a long summer. You might have a few 100 die hard who hang out for it, but the vast majority aren't even visiting the site or engaging on social.
    You have to put stuff up, but it has to be quality / have a point of difference instead of rolling out the same training shots over and over.
    It could actually be a tactical move from the club to pull back, let their people rest and then get set for the big games starting soon.
    The live stream one is interesting. Think it's a mandatory now - everyone needs to be doing it (and the afl should fund it for those who don't have the resources). Unless Bevo was all edgy about broadcasting and publicising it? All the coaches from the Clarkson school are so paranoid about that stuff it seems
    I think your social is brilliant tbh, Nathan Lay who runs it is a jet and seems to genuinely care about the story he's telling."
    Personally I'd be happy to just get fan reports like in the old days. That's probably what we miss out on in the Bevo era more than anything the club isn't giving us IMO

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has your credit/debit card linked to your Bulldog for Life expired? This happened to me a couple of years ago. Once I notified them of my new expiry dates and csv it was sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that happen to once but at least I got notification that they had trouble taking the money this time I've received nothing and the card is well in range even last year.

If I get a phone call on Monday I'll ask a please explain in my best Pauline voice.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    "The premise is fair, but the dogs probably have 2-3 people max who work on that sort of thing, were all probably in a hub for months on end last year and have had to stretch themselves across W and M all summer. They'd be absolute toast right now and the M hasn't even started yet."
    Look at every small business in Australia who - without having 2-3 dedicated people somehow manage to put up a quick story on IG each day, chuck up a video or two and have a quick chat with a client each week.

I understand what he is saying to a point but seriously - suggesting that people are 'toast' 4-months after a season has ended when their job is to create media content? I'm battling with that a little bit. I'm sure it's a hard job but to suggest they are 'toast' seems completely over the top - they aren't doing 12-hour shifts in ED for goodness sake.

I agree with the statement that the 'bigger' pieces our team puts up can be great...but I dispute that EVERYTHING 'has to be quality'. Social media is driven by consistency...if you jump on Insta and see a quick story/reel about training every day, then you will like them every day and the content will be delivered to more and more eyes every day. That's how it works. If some of them are a little repetitive or maybe less than 'perfect', well...that's ok. People will scroll past them and look forward to something a bit more interesting the next day. And whilst people might not want to hear from Anthony Scott - he might be 'the someone' in the group who has the perfect personality for this kind of thing much in the way Shane Biggs was better at social media than he ever was at footy ('Wall of Biggs' moment aside of course)...but as supporters we would never know because we never hear from anyone.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm just looking forward to round 1...yep not even the practice matches as they can be misleading.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Look at every small business in Australia who - without having 2-3 dedicated people somehow manage to put up a quick story on IG each day, chuck up a video or two and have a quick chat with a client each week.

I understand what he is saying to a point but seriously - suggesting that people are 'toast' 4-months after a season has ended when their job is to create media content? I'm battling with that a little bit. I'm sure it's a hard job but to suggest they are 'toast' seems completely over the top - they aren't doing 12-hour shifts in ED for goodness sake.

I agree with the statement that the 'bigger' pieces our team puts up can be great...but I dispute that EVERYTHING 'has to be quality'. Social media is driven by consistency...if you jump on Insta and see a quick story/reel about training every day, then you will like them every day and the content will be delivered to more and more eyes every day. That's how it works. If some of them are a little repetitive or maybe less than 'perfect', well...that's ok. People will scroll past them and look forward to something a bit more interesting the next day. And whilst people might not want to hear from Anthony Scott - he might be 'the someone' in the group who has the perfect personality for this kind of thing much in the way Shane Biggs was better at social media than he ever was at footy ('Wall of Biggs' moment aside of course)...but as supporters we would never know because we never hear from anyone.
    Of course that depends on who actually wants to see more content. If only a 100 fans are logging in then not worth it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Of course that depends on who actually wants to see more content. If only a 100 fans are logging in then not worth it.
    If it makes us get a few more members because they feel involved it always worth it.

It's sad I feel closer to Chelsea than the Western Bulldogs due to their fantastic social media and the vision they put up of training, travelling, social events etc. I feel like i know these players better than the ones two hours down the road.
    The curse is dead.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If it makes us get a few more members because they feel involved it always worth it.

It's sad I feel closer to Chelsea than the Western Bulldogs due to their fantastic social media and the vision they put up of training, travelling, social events etc. I feel like i know these players better than the ones two hours down the road.
    You've put it in a way I can relate to chef.

I think we can do better, I'm hearing the sense of it now.

Post Thanks / Like

North are absolutely milking their intra-club footage, with a big mark by Horne-Francis getting cut into a small clip and making its way around the internet including being picked up and shared by the official AFL accounts. My brother (another Dogs tragic) forwarded it to me (after I’d already seen it online elsewhere).

Their fans are absolutely frothing at the bit for this season to start after their club have hyped up the kids all summer. I bet their sponsors and commercial partners are also enjoying the positive vibes that comes with more exposure.

At least we know what Matty Spangher sounds like now, I guess.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.