Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  163
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice Matches - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Worried about the make-up/ structure of the team…. Lots of ball from the mids, but besides Naughton we have no one dangerous in the forward half.
    I agree. I think that we really do need someone like JUH/Hannan to step up and provide a foil for Naughts.

On the plu - Cordy was good and so was the Schack

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you asked both teams which team played closer to its capability, the answer would be Brisbane. We didn't use the ball that well a lot of the time and it seemed the forwards didn't work hard enough to get up and down the ground.

Happy we didn't drop our bundle and almost pinched a win.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think if you asked both teams which team played closer to its capability, the answer would be Brisbane. We didn't use the ball that well a lot of the time and it seemed the forwards didn't work hard enough to get up and down the ground.

Happy we didn't drop our bundle and almost pinched a win.
    A lot of wasted disposals, with 50 more handballs and 20 more kicks. 67 inside 50s for a score of 80
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Was Libba rested? Or is he injured?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Was Libba rested? Or is he injured?
    Midfielder Tom Liberatore will miss the clash through the AFL’s Health and Safety protocols.
    Just covid things.

6. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Worried about the make-up/ structure of the team…. Lots of ball from the mids, but besides Naughton we have no one dangerous in the forward half.
    Agree but think Bont will be used more in the forward line. That will at least provide some options. Obviously he is more important to us in the midfield however he needs to spend time up forward

Post Thanks / Like

Who comes back in for round 1? Libba, Duryea, Gardner (perhaps). Feel like I am missing others.

Post Thanks / Like

Spoke to Gardner after the game - said he missed due to a nick in the upper thigh area and should be good for Rd 1.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

10. Likes GVGjr, Dry Rot, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at our poor forward options I think Jamarra Ugle-Hagan should probably be selected up forward, whether he is ready or not. Sink or swim time for him, I think.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi J54 - I would hold back on JUH just now - he would have been easily out bodied this evening vs Brisbane - he was being out bodied by the Werribee VFL fullback in the first half of the game i was watching - I think he has a bit to go before throwing him in against the better AFL backlines.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

13. Thanks hujsh, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Flags aren't won in March. Practice matches against quality opponents. Concerned with the injury to Keefie but otherwise rest up boys and supporters. This season is going to be a rip snorter. Go the mighty bulldogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree. I think that we really do need someone like JUH/Hannan to step up and provide a foil for Naughts.

On the plu - Cordy was good and so was the Schack
    Cordy was woeful as a forward where he was tried in the first half and only went back due to Keath coming off injured… we know Zaine will give 100%, but he’s very limited athletically.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to assume Keath is fit.

B: Duryea Keath Williams
    HB: Dale Gardner Daniel
    C: R. Smith Dunkley Hunter
    HF: Bazlenka JUH Hannan
    FF: Weightman Naughton JJ
    R: English Macrae Bont
    I: Treloar Libba Richards Martin

I’m only selecting Martin because he’ll be picked no matter what. I wish we had a genuine fit #1 to allow English to play the preferred hybrid role.

Richards is in until O’Brien is ready to go. We still lack height and marking defensively so I’d be happy if Schache played instead.

Just have to play Marra to give the opposition another outlet to worry about and separate the defence. Long bombs to Naughton will not work against Melbourne.

Crozier and Cordy shouldn’t be anywhere near the round 1 team.

There is no chance the above ends up being the round a team
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Agree but think Bont will be used more in the forward line. That will at least provide some options. Obviously he is more important to us in the midfield however he needs to spend time up forward
    Bont is much better suited as a pinch hitter up forward rather than playing as a permanent forward whereby he’ll draw a key defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Really liked English tonight thought he was strong in the majority of contests just disappointed Sweet didn't play.

I still can't believe Collingwood traded Treloar. I also can't believe Cordy is still on an AFL list.

In the first half how many times did we miss Baz on a link up play? He and Naughty are looking next level.

Vandermeer looks like a half back flanker playing forward, Cody looks like player that is coming off a short preseason and Hannan makes everything look difficult. Still. The positive was the pressure generally really good.

Dunks adding value to his contract. He was excellent.

Schache in defence? Understand the concept to add marking power which is critical in the modern game but that forward line is gonna need his help.

Green shoots Crozier. Not sure how we will fit all those defenders in he might be unlucky. Can't wait to see Obrien.