Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  163
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice Matches - 2022

English, Treloar and Naughton looked good, the blonde bombshells.

Keath setback an early blow.

I also thought Cordy was pretty good when he went back, and Smith and Weightman worked their butts off. We have a lot of blonde guys.

Going to be another wild ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Good hit out. Lions are a good team. Any match against them this season will be a close one either way. Better for the run and still lots of upside with Libba, Doc and O’Brien in for Rd 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Hi J54 - I would hold back on JUH just now - he would have been easily out bodied this evening vs Brisbane - he was being out bodied by the Werribee VFL fullback in the first half of the game i was watching - I think he has a bit to go before throwing him in against the better AFL backlines.

How'd Sweet go in the VFL?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Good hit out. Lions are a good team. Any match against them this season will be a close one either way. Better for the run and still lots of upside with Libba, Doc and O’Brien in for Rd 1.
    Agree that Brisbane are very good. Aside from Melbourne, they’re the most balanced across the ground.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    How'd Sweet go in the VFL?
    I only watched a half of footy Vred but he was competitive from what I saw.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

6. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on Schache as a defender? I think there is a bit to work with and it's a good change.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on Schache as a defender? I think there is a bit to work with and it's a good change.
    Great with ball in hand, seems to make good position. Aerially not sure he spoils as well as Gardner and maybe gets out bodied a bit too easily.

Agree it’s got potential.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love him, but he was well beaten. Good with the footy when he got it, but just got lost in the air a bit too much. You could see him juggling whether to go, or block, or hold back etc.

11. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Great with ball in hand, seems to make good position. Aerially not sure he spoils as well as Gardner and maybe gets out bodied a bit too easily.

Agree it’s got potential.
    Assuming we get Keath back for R1 and O'Brien will miss, could we go into the Melbourne game with Keath, Schache and Gardner?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming we get Keath back for R1 and O'Brien will miss, could we go into the Melbourne game with Keath, Schache and Gardner?
    That seems the most likely.

We are looking really thin if Keath doesn’t get up.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t catch the full game and with a newborn won’t be following quite as closely this year I imagine, (at least, not attending as many games). That being said my quick thoughts:

The good:
    Schache back looks a good move, he’ll continue to grow into the role
    Prime movers look fit - Bont, Naughts, Macrae, Dunks, Treloar, Smith Daniel, etc
    McComb has a bit to work with. Rushed by foot but makes position, impacts the contest. Like it.
    JJ - forward nous has developed. Will be a player to watch this year
    English - looked confident. Big year ahead.
    Tempo - liked our ability to go fast and go slow. We took some pace off the game for brief moments and accelerated hard at others
    Skills - broadly some sharp ball use, Bailey Smith stood out with a few great balls

The bad:
    Hunter - not much of it, unsure of his best role in our current team. Is he a wing or a high forward
    Too many hbfs - not sure we play all of Daniel, Dale, Richards, Williams, Crozier and have Duryea too. Richards probably deserves a spot, as does Truck. Good problem to have maybe, but would’ve liked to have seen one of them trial a different role over summer

The ugly
    Stef Martin - not sure he offered a huge amount and is at the tail end of his career. I’m very 50:50 on him, but could’ve missed the better moments
    Keath injury, not ideal timing

15. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Stef Martin looked good in the ruck and then an absolute liability at all other times.
    Also, this midfield is the best Dogs midfield we’ll ever see.
    And we still have to fit in Libba.

Post Thanks / Like

McComb - I did a double take when I saw him; thought we'd traded in Josh Caddy and I hadn't remembered!

18. Likes chef, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I didn’t catch the full game and with a newborn won’t be following quite as closely this year I imagine, (at least, not attending as many games). That being said my quick thoughts:
    Congrats on the little one.

On your observations - I would also add that I am still unsure what Hannan offers us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Congrats on the little one.

On your observations - I would also add that I am still unsure what Hannan offers us.
    Thanks BAD. A little boy to join our Bulldog army.

Hannan - seems the type that needs a clear role / purpose on the field where he’s not the main man, but an enabler for our other players do excel in their roles. He played some selfless footy at times, but is also inconsistent. If we had Bruce, JUH in and firing he’s probably the one who misses.

21. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post