Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  163
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice Matches - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    North are absolutely milking their intra-club footage, with a big mark by Horne-Francis getting cut into a small clip and making its way around the internet including being picked up and shared by the official AFL accounts. My brother (another Dogs tragic) forwarded it to me (after I’d already seen it online elsewhere).

Their fans are absolutely frothing at the bit for this season to start after their club have hyped up the kids all summer. I bet their sponsors and commercial partners are also enjoying the positive vibes that comes with more exposure.

At least we know what Matty Spangher sounds like now, I guess.
    Collingwood socials were the same yesterday. Full match live streamed, highlights package and interviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    North are absolutely milking their intra-club footage, with a big mark by Horne-Francis getting cut into a small clip and making its way around the internet including being picked up and shared by the official AFL accounts. My brother (another Dogs tragic) forwarded it to me (after I’d already seen it online elsewhere).

Their fans are absolutely frothing at the bit for this season to start after their club have hyped up the kids all summer. I bet their sponsors and commercial partners are also enjoying the positive vibes that comes with more exposure.

At least we know what Matty Spangher sounds like now, I guess.
    Do they have to sell more hope though than us? More anticipation can't be a bad thing though for any membership campaign.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practise Matches - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If it makes us get a few more members because they feel involved it always worth it.

It's sad I feel closer to Chelsea than the Western Bulldogs due to their fantastic social media and the vision they put up of training, travelling, social events etc. I feel like i know these players better than the ones two hours down the road.
    It says a lot doesn't it. I suggest if the club really wants to get members signing earlier then they should be out there selling the club and the development of players a lot better than what they are doing.

I get some people want to switch off at the end of the one season and back on a few weeks before the next but I'd say there is a lot of people wanting to see what's happening at the club in the off season. I also get that many people think everything the clubs does is more than sufficient but I do believe we could be doing vastly more in the space of supporter engagement and it would cost the world. I don't expect things will change but I do believe it should.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It says a lot doesn't it. I suggest if the club really wants to get members signing earlier then they should be out there selling the club and the development of players a lot better than what they are doing.

I get some people want to switch off at the end of the one season and back on a few weeks before the next but I'd say there is a lot of people wanting to see what's happening at the club in the off season. I also get that many people think everything the clubs does is more than sufficient but I do believe we could be doing vastly more in the space of supporter engagement and it would cost the world. I don't expect things will change but I do believe it should.
    Is the solution throwing more cash at it, or can we meet expectations with the team we have?
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 19-02-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Of course that depends on who actually wants to see more content. If only a 100 fans are logging in then not worth it.
    You know I love you BAD but that’s a crappy attitude. You actually have to try and build an audience. Dismissing something as a waste of time because only 100 people saw it? Well, that 100 more people than the zero people who viewed the content that was never put up. That’s 100 more people who saw our sponsors logos than who would have seen them if we had done nothing...and 100 is a start.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is the solution throwing more cash at it, or can we meet expectations with the team we have?
    We should be able to do a lot more with what we have but it would be interesting to see if we invested more into it what we might be able to get out of it. Sponsors might be able to fund a lot of it and supporters all over are just better informed and engaged.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Do they have to sell more hope though than us? More anticipation can't be a bad thing though for any membership campaign.
    Every club is in the business of selling hope and excitement, for their fans, sponsors and potential future commercial partners. We shouldn’t be any different.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes chef, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yourselves a favour and go through richmonds Twitter feed for the last 48 hours. A replay, highlights, multiple interviews with coaches, a coach snippet on progress of every draftee and more. I saw a highlights package of Tyler Sonsie from match sim that had 1,500 views in 2 hours and it was fan generated from the footage.

13. Likes chef, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally im not that fussed about watching an intra-club. I just want to hear that we’re borderline flying!

The only reason I used to pay any attention to pre season was to see how fat Stringer was, but that hobby is long gone!

Post Thanks / Like

I also had a major stuff up with my Bulldog 4 Life membership so I’m interested to hear mine wasn’t an isolated experience. I pay for myself and my sons (it’s their birthday gift each year). The payments stopped in September , I was unaware until January. Then I got a phone call to alert me, I tried to call back, left messages and emails but it took several days to resolve. I’ve never hated our song Sons of the West before but having spent time listening to it while I waited almost accomplished it.

I was eventually told that they’d gone over to a new system and had had glitches. It’s really not good enough, though the person who eventually helped me was excellent, but it shouldn’t have come to that.

My sister had an even better story…she noticed she was having two payments taken out and it turned out she had been paying for my niece (whose parents thought THEY were paying for it). They must have data-entried the same surname.

While someone like me will grin and bear it many others may not. It is the ease of the automation that keeps many committed and if they have to chase it up and go through the rigmarole I did…lots just won’t.

Oh, and I’m definitely of the view our social media could and should improve in the off season. Yeah I don’t want to hear cliches about us training the house down blah and blah but is that the only choice? I don’t expect a detailed manifesto on our new tactical response if that Q3 GF Avalanche ever threatens again (actually scrap that, I do…)…there has to be a way to give us stuff that is interesting and gives us that feeling we are valued and belong, without paranoia of our mystery tactics being outed.

More than ever we need to feel we are part of our club - after major covid disruption and missing only the 4th GF in our history, and a heartbreaking one at that - we should be throwing everything at bringing fans closer to our team.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

16. Thanks Hotdog60, josie thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Do yourselves a favour and go through richmonds Twitter feed for the last 48 hours. A replay, highlights, multiple interviews with coaches, a coach snippet on progress of every draftee and more. I saw a highlights package of Tyler Sonsie from match sim that had 1,500 views in 2 hours and it was fan generated from the footage.
    Since it was challenged that other clubs didn't do a lot more than us I've started having a look.
    There is certainly some opportunities for us if we choose to explore them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You know I love you BAD but that’s a crappy attitude. You actually have to try and build an audience. Dismissing something as a waste of time because only 100 people saw it? Well, that 100 more people than the zero people who viewed the content that was never put up. That’s 100 more people who saw our sponsors logos than who would have seen them if we had done nothing...and 100 is a start.
    Never said it is a waste of time, just saying is there’s demand for more content? Can agree if we can get more members then go for it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we've had regular video updates with coaches/players, frequent photo galleries, footage from training which has improved from last year to actually show chains of disposals rather than Edgar Wright style transitions (the Naughton video being the best example), written updates/interviews (lots of positive feedback on the Warrnambool trip less than a week ago), the members Q&A with Power and Milesi last week...are we really that far behind other clubs? I follow all the teams on Twitter and don't think there is a significant difference - except for the handful of teams who have streamed their intra clubs.

A serious question for those saying we're not doing enough, and this is based off my answer being 'no I haven't watched everything' - have you watched/clicked on all of these videos and articles?

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think we've had regular video updates with coaches/players, frequent photo galleries, footage from training which has improved from last year to actually show chains of disposals rather than Edgar Wright style transitions (the Naughton video being the best example), written updates/interviews (lots of positive feedback on the Warrnambool trip less than a week ago), the members Q&A with Power and Milesi last week...are we really that far behind other clubs? I follow all the teams on Twitter and don't think there is a significant difference - except for the handful of teams who have streamed their intra clubs.

A serious question for those saying we're not doing enough, and this is based off my answer being 'no I haven't watched everything' - have you watched/clicked on all of these videos and articles?
    I check the club site almost daily and believe I watch everything produced. That said I think there is a lot more they could and should be doing.

22. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Speaking of Richmond socials did any see the footage of Sydney Stack doing a back flip off a cliff into water?
    More of an In Bruges guy?